USMLE Forums banner

Externship info

14K views 96 replies 62 participants last post by  usmlesteps99 
#1 ·
I recently completed a hands-on clinical IM externship in Chicago. it was relatively cheaper then my other externships. Now, I am looking for 1 month externship in IM again to gain more experience.
if anyone know any cheaper externship or observership please share.

I will also gladly share my rotation information including cost, experience and etc.

#2 ·
I am also looking for some cheap externships near that area if possible... @usmlesteps99 could you please send me your experience, site and cost of your previous externship... kan.aswin[at]gmail.com is my email

#5 ·
externship

hello sana,
it was IM rotation in chicago IL. i paid $1100 it was learning experience.i enjoyed outpatient clinic taking history and doing physical exam and interacting with patients also inpatients rounds were also very informative. there was no such eligibility criteria, if you haven't completed your USMLEs that is also ok. you can still apply for it.

#8 ·
Externship

Hi usmlesteps99,

How are you? I read your post regarding your externship experience in Chicago. I am a FMG looking to get into an affordable and amazing externship that will provide LOR as well. Can you please share with me more about your experience, the details like which hospital, location, all costs, requirements and how to get in touch with them. Thank you very much in advance. I hope to hear from you.

Regards,

#12 ·
I recently completed a hands-on clinical IM externship in Chicago. it was relatively cheaper then my other externships. Now, I am looking for 1 month externship in IM again to gain more experience.

I will also gladly share my rotation information including cost, experience and etc.
hi
i am also looking for an externship in chicago. Can you please tell me about your experience? My email is nisslekk@gmail.com
Thank you so much

#22 ·
Looking for accommodation in Chicago! Please help!

Hi , I see many of you going in for a clinical experience in Chicago.

I am an IMG and am looking for a shared accommodation with a female in Chicago for April.

Please contact me ,if anyone of you is interested or know of someone with an accommodation availability!

Thank you.

#24 ·
Accommodation

Hi , I see many of you going in for a clinical experience in Chicago.

I am an IMG and am looking for a shared accommodation with a female in Chicago for April.

Please contact me ,if anyone of you is interested or know of someone with an accommodation availability!

Thank you.
Best way to look for accommodation is through criaglist I guess.

#27 ·

Hello. Please could you share the information for applying in Chicago? My mail ID is drrenukagsd@gmail.com
Thanks. :)

#37 ·

can you pls check your PM , i need the information pls

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.