USMLE Forums banner

CS Center information

910 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  dsrp 
#1 ·
Hello guys! i need help regarding my CS scheduling!!
i want to apply for this years match(September) my CK is in 1 month and want to register for CS
I want to know is there any specific reason to select some specific center? or it is totally on your personal likings?
As i want to apply for the coming match how soon should i book my date?i am doomed only dates available are for june! what if i appear in june will i be able to get my results and ECFMG registration done before 15th september?
thanks

#2 ·
Hi Usmle1122,

Houston center is where most IMGs like to take their exam since its a general perception that most of the students pass here (so called IMG Friendly). You can take your exam till 16th July in order to get your results back by 15th September so yes to answer your question, you may take your exam in June and get your results by 15th Sep to apply for the match.

Let me know the date and center where you would like to take the test and I will schedule you for it.
www.stevenscheduler.com stevenscheduler@gmail.com

Kind Regards,
Steven

#4 ·
The center does not really matter. Yes, people will insist that Texas is the best for IMG but that's really nonsense. Like it has been said time and again, its a standardized exam and tons of IMGs take and pass the exam on 1st attempt at other centers. If you fail the test, it more likely that you did not prepare/practice well (or had sheer bad luck) rather than choice of the center.

If you are aiming for cs in June (look at cs score reporting), reporting start date is August 17th (99% results would be out on start date, so unless you are really unlucky it should be out on starting date for the reporting); with 3-4 weeks to be ecfmg certified, you might scrape through and be certifed by sept 15th (assuming your credentials have been verified and there are no score reporting delays). Good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.