USMLE Forums banner

September exam hitchhikers.... Hop in plz :)

2K views 28 replies 8 participants last post by  DefeatTheBeast 
#1 ·
So, let's gather here in the back seat of the limo and dicscuss our progress

#3 ·
Limo sounds comfy!

Step 1 in Sep 2nd week but lesser time because I need to travel quite a bit to reach the prometric center.
i'm done with 1 read of FA and in 2nd read of Kaplan. Done with Pharm, Path and Physio. Now stuck with BChem which causes me to go Ugggghh any ways! I'm also done with Kbank 100% and UW 90%.
I tried to do DIT but I got so bored that I stopped it and then had to take a 6 day break to get it out of my system :D. Starting in earnest tomorrow.

Any suggestions for these last few weeks? My only and MAJOR problem is Recall. I just can't memorize :(. And there's a lot to memorize. :toosad:

#6 ·
Phew I'm slow!

With 36 days to go I was supposed to cover up my backlog and take an NBME today.
Well! I couldn't.
I was able to finish 2nd read of BChem & Genetics today. Such a boring subject, it could kill you :sleepy:. Somehow managed :rolleyes:.
Still to do: Anat, Neuro, Beh Science, Immuno, FA, Lots of Pending reviews & 4 blocks in UW.
New Plan: Cover the backlog of Review & Qbank by 04/08 and take NBME on 05/08.
I don't know how I'll do it :confused:.

#7 ·
UW crisis ;)

i have 14 blocks left in UW and i have to cover them in 2.5 days b4 my subscription ends :rolleyes: i am not sleeping till i finish them enshalla ;D

i think u should focus more on FA now rather than individual subject review from other books since u will need to be able to eat up the whole FA in a week b4 the exam so u should train urself from now ;)

good luck fellas and keep up the good work :sorry:

enshalla 39 days to go Happy-2

#8 ·
With 31 days to go, I was able to cover the backlog more or less 2 days later than I planned.
Done with 100% UW 1st pass and the remaining review of Kbank blocks that I had been avoiding for so long. Happy-2
Plan to take NBME 12 tomorrow. :cool:
Then 8 days for 2nd UW incorrect questions @ 2 blocks per day.
Starting with Anat today evening. Will see how long it takes. I will stop in b/w if it is taking too much time.

Target:
Take another NBME on 16/08
Start FA final read and last pass of UW on 17/08

#12 ·
I tool NBME 12 and increased my score by 5 points in the last 1 month :)). You know my previous scores so I don't need to post here.
It was really difficult for me. I couldn't make any sense of a lot of questions so had to guess a lot.
I wasn't expecting an increase. Performance has come further down in Neuro and Molecular Bio :(.
BTW Has anyone got a good answer key to NBME 12. The ones floating around have too many mistakes.

#14 ·
I will take my NBME enshalla next week. hopefully enshalla I do well .
@step step: have good faith man. u r the first of us to encounter the beast. best of luck guys
BTW anyone did UWSAs?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

#17 ·
8 days to go!!!

Exam on 12 Sep, so 8 days to go (minus travel time).
Finished 2nd read KLN, UW 2nd pass of wrong questions.
Done with UWSA 1&2, NBME 11, 12,13 & offline 1,5. The scores of none of them are at my target level but I can't bear to study anymore. I need >255, that's not a want but a need, coz I'm so old IMG.
I hope and pray :sorry: that God gives me that 15-20 point jump I need in these 8 days.
Fasten the seat belt, Turbulence ahead, if I don't crash myself, I'm gonna crash it.

Reactions: hypermedic
#26 ·
Just wanted to add to my post above...once i get my results i will make a thread with my full experience etc....just wanted to say that the exam is doable, don't listen to people who say you need a million books to do well....first aid and uslmerx/nbmes/uworld/pathoma is the killer combination.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.