USMLE Forums banner

What is SOAP?

Tags
soap-match
4K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  INCOGNITO 
#1 ·
Hi guys, I have read all the available info about SOAP and still did not get one thing:
Do the programs with unfilled positions consider only those applicants who applied to their program through the main Match (those who have been interviewed?) or any unmatched applicant may apply to any unfilled program regardless of where they applied before?
Do the programs conduct new interviews for SOAP applicants?
Thanks.

#2 ·
Programs can match any unmatched applicant even though that applicant did not interview with them.

In fact, it's less likely they'll match applicants whom they interviewed because those whom they interviewed and went unmatched and the program still has unfilled position this means they did not rank those applicants! When a program does not rank somebody whom they interviewed means they really don't want that applicant whatsoever even during SOAP matching.

The only condition to be able to participate in the SOAP is that you should have participated in ERAS and applied to at least one program.

Because SOAP goes over few days there's actually no time to interview the applicant face to face but they usually do a phone or Skype interview.

-

#3 ·
Thanks.
Did I understood it right that during the SOAP period the unmatched applicants receive one offer every 2 hours which they accept or decline until they get what they want?
Is there a possibility to filter the offers by i.e. location or specialty?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.