USMLE Forums banner

tyagee CK Exam DAY Experience

3K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Diamond30 
#1 · (Edited)
*** if u have query, i may not be able to ans that becuase i will be out of station for few days*** m sorry.

friends,

had exam few days back. i think this exam is doable. its not difficult. but it is twisted. uworld facts with mtb facts churned in mixer grinder...that what i got in actual exam. exam is TWISTED !

how many questions ? !!
i had 45 q \ 44q blocks and 1 block of 40 q - the last block. this block[last one] i thought will get over soon-er and i can have some extra time. it was not true and i had to chase to complete even the last block.

also, some of very weird facts i had learned\ read unknowingly...they were helping. some of the questions i asked in last days in this forum ....damn, i happened to have those too.:D

question long?? !!
questions appeared LONGER than uworld stem...sometime i had a disconnect and my flow while reading question break down. and i had to re-read the entire question. that was awful :eek:

abstract !!
abstract questions were doable ! yup, i was tense facing them. but they were okay. i think i did them okay. the key is to use the stats concept and forget all other nonsense written. God bless. i got one abstract [ thank god] and three questions followed....

ad !!
damn simple. dont panic. i think if i can do , any one can do.

stats !!
doable. but no-repeat "as a rule of thumb" . some questions were like i never heard before. so i just guessed:sorry:. but still m happy it was doable. stats my weak subject.:p

my biggest exam day help !
completing blocks 5-10 min early. this gave me opportunity to re-read questions i had no idea of. friends, this was my biggest +ve point [ not getting right word]. re-thinking questions fetched me ans in some cases...try time mx.

my biggest exam day mistake !
in initial blocks, i could not manage time. after that, i gave myself a wake up call and then i was like running to complete questions and then completed blocks on time.... in 1 block, i could not read entire options ! :eek:

9 hours exam... manageable ?
exam was long.but i happened to remain active through these 9 hours. i was not tense. i was rather less serious [ bad !!! because that may be reason for getting busted in initial blocks ]

images !!
yup, many.
fundus image ? yup, 1 fundus asked !
MRI ? yup, abdomen, ortho...out from uworld...
murmurs ? yup, 3-4 questions, i was not knowing to auscultate areas of heart...i just listened to where stetho placed. did not move stetho:eek:
no, they did not show Marilyn Monroe :(;)

what about breaks ? is time less ? :scared:
DONT PANIC. there is enough time. give break to your mind too. REST. be CALM. no rushing please. you are inside testing room, come out, coordinator will ask to hold finger on finger print reader and then do signature and then leave outside. [i am just mentioning this because i was not knowing this and i think my dear friends must know this.]

i took breaks almost every block. AMPLE break time. did lunch too. and everything was manageable. had some time to spare. so break was not issue for me.

how much will i score ?
i dont know and i damn bother. i will get what i suppose to get. so why panic ? Happy-2

i just want to help this forum friends , this forum was like back support to me because i was a loner all this time. thank you God. thank you forum.

i m planning to write prep review for those who seem to start their ck journey especially how to keep it bare simple, less painful and very very short. are you interested ? do let me know.

See less See more
#2 ·
i m planning to write prep review for those who seem to start their ck journey especially how to keep it bare simple, less painful and very very short. are you interested ? do let me know.
Already waiting... I hope you'll do fine.

Now... GET SOME REST!!!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

#8 ·
Add1, I'm sure you did just fine. However, I think your posts may lead people to believe that CK has become harder and unnecessarily cause panic.

If I'm not mistaken, the mean score for CK increased after the new changes were instituted. I think that suggests that the exam might have actually gotten easier.

As for the feeling after taking exam, if you check different forums, people have been feeling like crap after taking it. It has been like this since... always.

#6 ·
They test weird facts that ive never seen before not in uworld or any other review book....lots of hard answers with similar options and some options ive never heard of......gl to all..ck has become difficult. none of the practice tests are good predictors of your score
you should have taken the ck before the changes.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.