USMLE Forums banner

27th DEC exam experience.

5K views 26 replies 16 participants last post by  ginogiannone 
#1 ·
ok guys here is the nutshell of my step 1.
material used :
Kaplans one read
First aid 2 reads
Uworld,
DIT,
Pathoma,
Goljans audio(except last few lectures fell short of time)
100 CASES by conrad fischer
trick is solving as many questions as possible.because ul remember your mistakes that way.
my exam went smoothly but i felt time was lil less so u have to manage accordingly.its like a rapid fire round goin on.i felt like every neuron in my brain was used!but good news is that 90% of questions are straight fwd.no tricks nothing.
pathology ofcourse was most asked subject.
rest subjects i felt were equally distributed.each block had 2 to 3 wtf questions.mostly the reserch questions requiring you to go through the question twice n hence consuming your time.so be aware of that.dnt waste too much time on questions ur not sure of,u might screw up the last few straight fwd questions.i had many pictures n slides.
neuro anatomy mostly cranial nerves location was asked.
biochem deficiency dz..i got OTC cycle and glycogen storage dz etc
epidemiology odds ratio NNT etc.i got a question about median..calculated but it was not even in the options.so u choose the most closest number.so not sure about that.
Physio endocrine was asked a lot n CVS next to it.
rest u wan to know anything feel free to ask,
best of luck!exam is very much doable
just be calm and composed.:)

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks alot dear & hope u get the highest marks!:):) how long did it take you to prepare for the exam?

I've done Kaplan once too+conrad fischer's book, still have to read goljan + listen to his audios, planning to do UW once & FA afew times. Dunno if that is enough or i should do Pathoma like you've done.

Anyway, thanks again for ur post & congrats that ur done with this nerve wrecking exam!!!:):):)

#8 ·
Thanks alot dear & hope u get the highest marks!:):) how long did it take you to prepare for the exam?

I've done Kaplan once too+conrad fischer's book, still have to read goljan + listen to his audios, planning to do UW once & FA afew times. Dunno if that is enough or i should do Pathoma like you've done.

Anyway, thanks again for ur post & congrats that ur done with this nerve wrecking exam!!!:):):)
thanks :)I didnt do goljans rapid review, jus his audios.so i think one book is enough for patho.plus lots of practice questions.

#7 ·
thanks everyone for ur best wishes.My prepration time was about 6 months.i took uwsa1 scored 227 and in uwsa 2 scored 257. my uworld score was 64%.finished uworld 2 wks before exam.i did uwolrd in timed tutor mode.but last few blocks i did in timed mode only.

#13 ·
thanks everyone for ur best wishes.My prepration time was about 6 months.i took uwsa1 scored 227 and in uwsa 2 scored 257. my uworld score was 64%.finished uworld 2 wks before exam.i did uwolrd in timed tutor mode.but last few blocks i did in timed mode only.
Thanq for ur post.Have you done any NBME forms? if yes which form& what's ur score?
How many days before d exams have u done ur uwsa?
Actually i've done uwsa1 2days back&got 242.
when is it better for me to give d uwsa2 & d real exam?

#17 ·
hii

heyy thanz a ton..!! hope u get a really gud score :) nd do let me knw hw much was ur final score ?
i'm suposd 2 giv my xam on 17th f jan.. i gav SA2 in dec nd scord 224, SA1 last wk nd scored 219.. just 2day gav NBME7 nd scored 192.. i was shockd nd totally depressd fr d decreasng scores.. i hav no clue abt y d scores r reducing.. ri8 nw im revising FA nd Uworld and reading d topics whr im weak... i read FA minimum f 3 times :( s t sumthng lik NBME's tough dan SAs ? s der any fault wit my prep ? i just want 230+ in my finals nd dont wanna postpone my xam coz i hav already finishd 6 months, postponed t twice nd almost saturated :( pls pls guide me....!! nd wat did u do d last wk ?

#18 ·
heyy thanz a ton..!! hope u get a really gud score :) nd do let me knw hw much was ur final score ?
i'm suposd 2 giv my xam on 17th f jan.. i gav SA2 in dec nd scord 224, SA1 last wk nd scored 219.. just 2day gav NBME7 nd scored 192.. i was shockd nd totally depressd fr d decreasng scores.. i hav no clue abt y d scores r reducing.. ri8 nw im revising FA nd Uworld and reading d topics whr im weak... i read FA minimum f 3 times :( s t sumthng lik NBME's tough dan SAs ? s der any fault wit my prep ? i just want 230+ in my finals nd dont wanna postpone my xam coz i hav already finishd 6 months, postponed t twice nd almost saturated :( pls pls guide me....!! nd wat did u do d last wk ?
ooops i checked the post late!! best of luck ul do really well. :) if u got exam tom jus close books now n relax.

#24 ·
congrats

HEy Thanks for sharing ! Hope you do amazing. I wanted to ask you the 100 cases by Conrad Fisher was that helpful? My ethics is poor and I want to buy that. However I cant find anyplace that sells "100 cases by conrad Fisher" on amazon it shows "Master the Boards USMLE Medical Ethics: The Only USMLE Ethics High-Yield Review" Is that the same thing? Could you guide me on where to purchase the 100 cases it self. I would appreciate that. Thanks alot!

#25 ·
Musculoskeletal anatomy

Congrats on your score mate :)

I do have one question .. where did you study the anatomy part of musculoskeletal ? you know the nerves , its course .. muscles of lower limb / upper limb / gluteal region .. ligaments and stuff .. these stuff really get me upside down and question in the banks have shown that i lack that info ?

Can you genuinely advise me on that please ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.