USMLE Forums banner

January 16th, 2013; Step 2 CK Exam Results Thread

9K views 73 replies 27 participants last post by  Syndrome X 
#1 ·
hey you guys...anybody awaiting their step 2 ck score on jan 16??
i took my exam 27 dec...

#6 ·
alright thanks for the fast reply ayman!
i thought giving it AFTER christmas there wouldnt be a delay...but i guess new year's counts as well... so i guess me and kas will be expecting it sometime on the 23rd hopefully!
good luck to everyone and lets keep each other updated please!
my nerves are killing me this time around!

#13 ·
@ Ayman

good luck for ur results, I hope u get a decent score

I see u depended on kaplan for ur preparation plus uworld, I am also feel that kaplan is better for me than mtb but when I read some reviews most of them suggest doing mtb is gold standard.
I am not comfortable completely with mtb , just I need ur opinion because I really need high score in this exam.....

Thank u in advance:)

#14 ·
Thanx for the nice wishes :)
Yes, actually I prepared with my friends, and we all used only Kaplan + UW. A friend of mine insisted on reading also MTB because he was not comfortable with Kaplan only. I added bluepints to Kaplan in psyche and added Conrad's Fischer medical ethics to kaplan because I was never comfortable with these topics, so the point is to read from whatever source you feel comfortable about, on the other hand In our university we have read surgery from Baily and Love, so I felt that Kaplan was very easy. So if you feel comfortable about Kaplan, stick with it, and you can used an additional source for any weakness.
And at last, all the books give you just a baseline, UW is the most important source of study, so if you read every word of UW, then do not worry about anything else,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.