USMLE Forums banner

9 months gap in cv due to USMLE prep

9K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  DottoreItaliano 
#1 ·
Hi .. wat impact does a gap in cv have in getting ivs ?? can someone who had a gap in cv due to usmle prep please share some info.. i have a gap of 6 months as of now.. ck to go.

#4 ·
No issue, do not worr. these days is all about USMLE mark, 9 month gap should be a 240+.

after you finish do some USCE and Volunteering.
What? Of course there is!

There are people who are juggling clinical work (clerkships/observerships/externships) WHILE preparing for Steps. If you show that you took full9 months for exams, it means you need extended time to prepare for exams. This time wont be available when preparing for in training exams, step 3, and specialty boards during residency. Major red flag.

#10 ·
GAPS

Hey guys! I am currently studying medicine in Italy. I am a US citizen. I left med school for 2 years because of financial reasons during the pre-medical portion of my MD program. My school hasn't been recognized by the Cali board yet but it is not disapproved. I am supposed to graduate in 2017. I will take another year and a half off to complete USMLE steps and to do clinical rotations to obtain LORs. What are my chances of matching into a FM program if I get high USMLE scores and good LORs? Will those gaps affect my chances negatively?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.