USMLE Forums banner

Step by Step Guide for the Application Process

Tags
match-help
13K views 23 replies 18 participants last post by  jili1409 
#1 ·
Hi could some kind soul please provide a step by step process of how to apply for residency in september. So many different source of info that you get confused :notsure::notsure:

This topic causes a lot of distress to many IMGs.

Thank you for your help.

Sadde

#2 ·
1. You need to start by buying the TOKEN. First you go to www.ecfmg.org, then you go to the ERAS support section, and pay for the token which is available now.

2. Document upload is next. Which documents do you need to upload? Check http://www.ecfmg.org/eras/applicants-documents-index.html . It's basically you LOR, you transcripts, your CV, your passport photograph (there's a particular pixel required), your personal statement. Now you need to scan this, and upload them. It takes roughly two weeks for them to apply in your ERAS, so start now

3. Select your programs. You should have a good idea of what you want to apply to by now. The best resource is FREIDA. Go to freida, and set your own filters. After selecting the programs, try visiting their website to find out extra requirements e.g applicant should have stayed in the states for at least a year before application.

4. Write these programs in your ERAS and attach the necessary documents to them. Do this early so that all you will need to do on September 15 is click! ERAS automatically calculates the cost of the program and let's you pay online.

5. Now wait till September 15 and click away. Make sure the programs have gotten your application by revisiting the site

6. Now the wait begins. Make sure to check your email and eras for interviews! Don't slack on that. Call programs if you have to.

7. Now go!

#8 ·
@step taker ..Thank you so much
I have two queries if some one doesnt apply for match and he buys ERAS token , will he have to buy another token next year and to upload all the documents again or the account will remain the same, and the same question is ,if some applies and doesn't gets matched.
my second query is that if some body is waiving LORS to ERAS is it necessary to be there in USA as I had done externship early this year and now i am not in US so how can I get my LORS waived?? plz if any body knows the whole procedure can guide me please. :confused:
Thanks in advance

#9 ·
i also have some queries. i have taken my step 1 and step CS. but result of Cs wont be out until mid august. planning to take Ck in july end or august. my question is do i need to take token now or can i wait until my cs result is out i.e mid august?? will it affect anything? does taking token and uploading documents on it take a lot of time?
thankyou in advance! any kind of advice suggestion will be appreciated!!

#11 ·
i dont get this MyERAS on AAMC(july 1) , and then NRMP (1st of september) -

can someone pls explain -

why should we sign up on MyERAS AAMC

Why should we sign up on NRMP?

thank you guys , it may seem like dumb questions but i appreciate all of your help.

#13 ·
i dont get this MyERAS on AAMC(july 1) , and then NRMP (1st of september) -

can someone pls explain -

why should we sign up on MyERAS AAMC

Why should we sign up on NRMP?

thank you guys , it may seem like dumb questions but i appreciate all of your help.
My eras is mainly for document upload and your general profile . You need to sign up for nrmp in order to work on your ROL and participate in the Match

#12 ·
USMLE Transcripts are requested from FSMB.org , am i correct ?

And if yes , Do we request FSMB to send it to ECFMG or should i receive the USMLE examination transcript and then Scan and upload it?

thanks again for your help ppl!

/Sadde

#14 ·
USMLE Transcripts are requested from FSMB.org , am i correct ?

And if yes , Do we request FSMB to send it to ECFMG or should i receive the USMLE examination transcript and then Scan and upload it?

thanks again for your help ppl!

/Sadde
There's an option in my eras in regards to usmle transcripts. Click on it, and it will be automatically uploaded. I think it will cost $ 75

#24 ·
My Step 1 transcript was only going to be available on line till July 17th. I have taken a print out of it. Can I upload a scanned copy of that? Or do I need pay the 75$ and get it uploaded? My CS transcript is still available online.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.