USMLE Forums banner

BRS pathology versus Goljan Rapid Review

7K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  suzan aa 
#1 ·
Hey guys so I'm a little confused as to how to tackle pathology. Goljan pathology book seem really dense and too much info for me to commit to memory and understanding. The way brs path has it seems like it would be easier to understand the key points. My question is, if I read brs path and listen to golden audio and look at the blue prints in goljan, is this enough to ace step 1? I'm aiming for 235+. thanks guys!

#2 ·
A lot of people like Goljan RR because it is very comprehensive and covers a lot of eventualities and it will help you with step 2 as well. If you don't like it though, don't waste your time with it. Do the audio if you like that instead (there are a few outdated items in the audio, but thats okay...) Instead focus on filling the gaps in your knowledge with USMLEWorld question explanations. That will complete your study no matter what resource you use first.

#3 ·
I whole heartedly agree with the person above, if you believe you can't do it, stick to brs....and yes if done correctly, I know of some ppl who have skipped goljan and stuck to brs getting 240's...

another suggestion if you're gonna do the blue print in goljan and if you have enough time skim through the tables and images in there too, can't hurt :)

I personally am going with the "unforseen" just in case......like a friend of mine who got a high 99 said, "It might be overkill, but at least you would have seen 99% of what they throw at you on exam day"

goodluck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.