USMLE Forums banner

Courier Deliverd and ECFMG Said No!

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  sandybaba 
#1 ·
Hey...hope everyone is havin a great tym...well i have recently landed into some real deep deep trouble..n i m really freaking out...here goes the story..

I do have a valid form 186 and already given USMLE step1 and CS as a medical student..but now as soon as I graduated from the med school I submitted the application for medical education credential verification and step 2 CK...
but the problem is that my credential verification documents( i.e form 344 345 form 187) haven't yet been received by ECFMG. However the courier company says that they have already delivered it 10 days back....I called the ECFMG and they said that they haven't got it..what should I do now...should I send the documents all over again??? or wait a few next days...??

In addition I haven't got the scheduling permit for CK as yet...and it's been more than 1 month since I have submitted the online part. I am really getting tense ....Is it necessary that my credentials would be verified before they issue the permit or the verification and applying for exam are entirely two different processes???

Any feedback is greatly appreciated...

Regards

See less See more
#2 ·
Here's the deal

This is a common issue with the ECFMG, there's often a time delay between the date of receiving the documents and the date they enter it into their system as "received".

I'd say you do the following:

Contact the courier company and ask them to send you a copy of the signature of the receiver or at least his/her name.

Call the ECFMG again and insist that your documents were delivered and received by the Mr. XYZ.

Keep calling the ECFMG until you get a satisfying answer, sometimes new service representative are not expert in the issues and they mislead you, it's always to double and triple check with other agents by separate telephone conversations.

As for why you are not sent the CK scheduling permit:
The new rules says that you won't be allowed to sit the exam until your credentials verified.

#3 ·
Thanks a lot Sabio for your kind reply..yeah i did in fact call ECFMG again and according to them it takes about 10-14 working days to confirm the receipt of documents starting right from the day of delivery...so in my case i will have to wait another 2 or 3 days...i hope it all goes smoothly..I'll keep you updated in case the problem persists...many thanks for your response..
Regards

#4 ·
courier is not available in the place whrere college is located

i m the first to apply from my college for usmle..my college is in a village ,where no international couriers are available ...in that cases can i take the sealed envelope with all required forms and college seal and can courier it from the near by city???pls help me wid an appropriate answer

#5 ·
i m the first to apply from my college for usmle..my college is in a village ,where no international couriers are available ...in that cases can i take the sealed envelope with all required forms and college seal and can courier it from the near by city???pls help me wid an appropriate answer
no problem
you can do it
i did it for my courier also in 2010
just make sure the sender is the college

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.