USMLE Forums banner

MARCH 26th exam results

5K views 65 replies 15 participants last post by  Oncology_freak 
#1 ·
I had given my exam. On march 5th expecting my result on 26 th of this month
My exam was similar to nbme + uworld but I don't know how I did it ...
Any other expecting results on the same date and had given their exam on 5 th ?? How you felt ? Am feeling the tense even after an done with it becoz I realized I have done anatomy many silly mistakes

#2 · (Edited)
hey bunny i took my exam on 5th march too. And i used to get a mini heart attack everytime i woke up for the first few days. I missed some easy questions. I will never forgive myself for that Plus my paper had so many neuro anatomy questions with CT scans and everything!! I was a complete neurotic after the exam. Anyway good luck to everyone who's expecting their results. And to me too. InshaAllah it will be good :) few days left so why not just party till then!!

#9 ·
@Curaco.. No doubt it was a tough test and there were questions that i had never seen plus had a bunch of neuroanatomy questions too. But I would still say it was fair. Not all the questions were really hard neither all were simple and straightforward. And uworld helps alot.
And i didn't take any NBME online. Did UWSAs only.

#14 ·
better of dont write anything down
if u really want to jot down any points then i wud advise u to write devlopmental milestones and pharam equations thats it evrything will be coimng to ur mind so dont waste ur time writing down on board
do all the nbme 7 11 12 13 15 and 16 most of my exam do conatin concepts that were tested on nbmes
if ur in final stage sticjk to nbmes +fa and uworld

#12 ·
10 days to go

i reall felt molecular tough
antomy seemed pretty hard because it was given from outside kaplan
exam is doable just sleep well before the exam u are haf done :redcheeks; fingers crossed
ecgs learn them well they will give u complete v1-v5 leads u have check what is wrong i got 2 ecgs
heart sounds make sure u learn them well u will see a question in it ....

#21 ·
i reall felt molecular tough
antomy seemed pretty hard because it was given from outside kaplan
exam is doable just sleep well before the exam u are haf done :redcheeks; fingers crossed
ecgs learn them well they will give u complete v1-v5 leads u have check what is wrong i got 2 ecgs
heart sounds make sure u learn them well u will see a question in it ....
hey all the best for a good result.. can u plz tell is it absolutely necessary to know the heart sounds or 1 can diagnose the dis from the clinical description given as well like radiation etc? if it is imp to know the heart sound then from whr did u learn it cz from UW i can hardly memorize them.. also plz tell abt ecgs??
thanks in advance..

#22 ·
permit link

permit link hast disappeared yet does that mean my result is going to delay???
but the link isn't working its says the candidate already appeared for the exam .....i cant wait any more !!! when will the permit link disappears if am expecting my score on coming wednesday

#27 ·
Guys i know youre stressed about getting your results but can you please share what type of physio formulas where you asked to do?
e.g excretion rate etc? do you think we should write those formulas down before doing the test? i have a problem with those formulas but i dont know if im stressing too much about it, please give me your input, thanks!! ;)

#28 ·
Hey my paper didn't have tht many renal calculations.And everyone has a different question set :) but I guess u should just learn and memorise those formulas in FA. I did get 2-3 pharma calculation questions. Those formulas in FA arw good make sure u revise them before the test. And if you want to write them down before the test begins, then you can do that too.

#37 ·
hey guys cleared my step 1 Alhamdullilah!! Score is in 230s. Did alot of stupid silly crazy mistakes which could have been easily avoided. I aimed a little higher but still not discouraged and happy i came out alive!!

Well, now that i have taken the exam i can answer your question.. whether step 1 was easier/harder than nbmes? well yes, some questions were definitely ALOT harder, but they tested the same stuff that was there in u-world and all the review books. Its a fair test guys. Honestly, i missed 13 gimme questions!! the easier ones that everyone else knew.(ofcourse there were a lot more i am only referring to my very lame mistakes) Don't stress out too much about the harder ones. OFCOURSE there will be hard questions. but what's more important is you make sure you don't forget the easier ones that are right there in FA+u-world. The length of the questions was definitely longer but that was not a problem, atleast not with me as i had practiced with timed, random mode in u-world. DO NOT STRESS OUT!! DO NOT PANICK!!

#38 ·
hey guys cleared my step 1 Alhamdullilah!! Score is in 230s. Did alot of stupid silly crazy mistakes which could have been easily avoided. I aimed a little higher but still not discouraged and happy i came out alive!!

Well, now that i have taken the exam i can answer your question.. whether step 1 was easier/harder than nbmes? well yes, some questions were definitely ALOT harder, but they tested the same stuff that was there in u-world and all the review books. Its a fair test guys. Honestly, i missed 13 gimme questions!! the easier ones that everyone else knew.(ofcourse there were a lot more i am only referring to my very lame mistakes) Don't stress out too much about the harder ones. OFCOURSE there will be hard questions. but what's more important is you make sure you don't forget the easier ones that are right there in FA+u-world. The length of the questions was definitely longer but that was not a problem, atleast not with me as i had practiced with timed, random mode in u-world. DO NOT STRESS OUT!! DO NOT PANICK!!
hey congrats :)
in ur previous post u mentioned u didn't do any nbme online.. so did u do all of them offline? also did u score the offline ones? how many ques u got wrong in the offline nbmes?

thanks & enjoy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.