USMLE Forums banner

Just answer me one more time

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Mondoshawan 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

Im sure you've been asked this 100's of times. So if you could answer this one more time, it would be great. So here it goes.

I graduated out of my medical school (a Caribbean one) a few months ago. I kept on procrastinating and avoiding my studies for the step 1's. Now i need to start studying and write the exam. I pretty much have no basic science knowledge. I have all the Kaplan text books and videos, BRS books, pass etc. I just need to know where to start, what to do, how many sources should i have, when to do questions etc. I know its a big ask, i would really appreciate it if someone could guide me through this or at least the initial aspect of it

#4 ·
I think you should check out some of the Step 1 Recommended Threads.

It's probably important to figure out what the best way for you to learn is - you don't want to follow the same habits that let you get through your didactic years without learning much! No judgement on you - I think it happens a lot, really. One crams for the test, does fine, then pokes around until the next big test. One hopes that something will "stick", but.... So maybe lectures and powerpoints are not your thing - if that's the case then the Kaplan vids aren't going to be much good to you. Maybe you need to explore on your own with primary texts, or pay a tutor to teach you. You'd need to learn the information and forget it before doing the PASS program or DIT, I think, so I wouldn't count on those for your primary learning, they are more for reviewing. Figure out the best method, so you can follow the schedule you set for yourself without dropping off or losing steam..

Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.