USMLE Forums banner

Changing Testing Region

17K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  saqwerty 
#1 ·
Hi guys,
Do you know if we can change the testing region? My current testing region is US/Canada.
For some reason, I have to take it in my home country.

#7 ·
So I called ECFMG yesterday and they said that I have to send a request letter to ECFMG for a change in testing region. I also have to pay for the additional testing delivery fee (if it applies to you, for example I have to pay additional $ 140 into my financial account on OASIS to change my testing region from US/Canada to my country).

Now I just wait for 2 weeks before they issue my new scheduling permit. I hope I can take my exam early May.

Thanks guys !!!

#8 ·
This is just a quick post because I couldnt find any info about this when i was looking.

I changed my region while there was less than 30 days left until my scheduled date and prometric didnt charge me. I only had to pay the $65 to ecfmg and request the region change. And then schedule a date with prometric once i got my new permit, and they didnt ask me for any extra fee's.

Note: I did however cancel my old appointment through prometric before applying for the region change. They didnt charge me then as well, even though there was less than 30 days...but from what i understood usually you have to call them and pay them $50 before you can usually reschedule a new date if you cancelled within the 30 days. However, after the region change i did NOT have to do that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.