USMLE Forums banner

My USMLE Score is 99/247

5K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  shaan.medico 
#1 ·
waiting for too long for my turn to write down this...

i m nt gng to explain abt my preparation, coz its complicated, resources are same...

NBME 5: 99/236 (1 month before)
NBME 7: 99/238 (2 weeks before)
UW: 77 cumulative random, timed, no repeats.

all i wanna say that NBME made my life horrible, coz i was damn sure tht i hav attained enuf knwledge for usmle but these NBME's keep underestimating me.

i m in 3 rd year of my med school and i dnt hav knwledge of clinical subjects, this thing made me more terrible along with NBME scores....

but then i decided to give it on a huge risk... and finally i succeded.... yupeee

my advice: dnt totally rely on NBME's, may be the questions in them are only those in which u r weak.... u cant judge some one with 200 Q's.... if u are sure of ur own that u r prepared, go ahead and give the exam...

exam:

its very easy.... very doable, but it doesnt mean tht its good for us, u hav to make 90-95% of ur responses correct to get high 99.....

this forum is very helpful to me... but only for inspirations, experiences, score stories, not for knowledge.. i warn u ppl that DONT try solve Q's here, coz some ppl post direct Q's from NBME with out telling u.... and at the time of doing ur NBME's , u will face the same Q's and that NBME will over estimate u.....

i may be not frequent on this forum for some time, coz nw i will be focusing on my med school... i will give step 2 ck in 2013..... till then no stress....

for any further Q's : my skype id is : shaan.e.alam

See less See more
#2 ·
Congratulation !!! I remember you being so frustrated with your NBME score which didnt reflect your UW scores (I have the same problem with you:indifferent:).

Finally you took the exam and did a great job. You're just 3 point below your target score....Now it's party time !!!

#6 ·
Congratulation shaan.medico ! That's a good score. Go out and have fun:happy:

I found my exam very similar to NBMEs. Lots of qns are repeated (not directly) but, concepts. I think, getting high score in NBMEs is not that important rather understanding the concept behind it.

What qbank you recommend for others...? What q bank you find it closer to the exam...? I hope, answering these qns will help others.

#8 ·
Congratulation shaan.medico ! That's a good score. Go out and have fun:happy:

I found my exam very similar to NBMEs. Lots of qns are repeated (not directly) but, concepts. I think, getting high score in NBMEs is not that important rather understanding the concept behind it.

What qbank you recommend for others...? What q bank you find it closer to the exam...? I hope, answering these qns will help others.
i havnt done ne Q bank except UW , so i cant say abt others, but i think UW is sufficient enuf..... yes i wud like to answer all ur Q's....

#7 ·
Congrats!!!

Great score!!! You have been really good on the forum and thats reflected by your score!

I gotta ask some questions.
What did you do in the last two weeks after your second NBME?
What do you think where does first aid stand in step 1 prep?
How much did uworld help?

Waiting for your reply, congrats again and best of luck for the future!:D

#12 ·
Great score!!! You have been really good on the forum and thats reflected by your score!

I gotta ask some questions.
What did you do in the last two weeks after your second NBME?
What do you think where does first aid stand in step 1 prep?
How much did uworld help?

Waiting for your reply, congrats again and best of luck for the future!:D
i revised the pages of kaplan (which i marked for revision during my previous reading),
i revised UW notes and notes of goljan(transcript) and finally last three days whole FA....

FA is not a learning tool, bt i bet u will get direct Q's frm FA which u wont be able to attempt after reading anything else..... u hav to knw each and evry word of FA.....

UW helped a lot (explanations are more important than Q itself, even the explanation of wrong ones).....

u shud knw every single point frm its explantion also...

all the best for ur exam.....

#10 ·
dude this part is so vast tht u will nt complete it in even 1 month, and even if u completes then no one knows what type of Q's they will give u, so my suggestions is tht UW is enuf ....
and most of the Q's can be solved frm Q stem only .... there is no need to even see the slides(believe me coz i got a star in neuro :p)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.