USMLE Forums banner

Those taking the CK in June 2011; Let's keep in touch

4K views 58 replies 12 participants last post by  vienna4u 
#1 ·
I am an IMG who is done with step 1 n step 2 CS...now preparing for step 2 CK...finished internal medicine and half of gyne....planning to take exam in first 2 weeks of June....if anyone is going on a similar schedule, post here....we will keep posting interesting questions and points.....

#43 ·
oh good... some others who find they are slowing down too...

i was def slowing down with surgery because when i attempted kaplan qbook aftr the 1st read i was like slow and then N.Elham told me to do offline UW with reading KLN surgery one more time (just the first part, not the vignettes) and tht's helping... as im reading the notes, i see where i went wrong...:p

peds was the best subject for me... obgyn took two reads of KLN but still scored pretty low on kaplan qbook... again i was told to do UW offline.. so i have yet to do tht...

a bit reluctant to start reading KLN int.med... its just soooo long.... so many pages... sigh.....:toosad:

#48 ·
Ok I had an online study partner some time back, and though we dont study together any more, she made a study schedule for us ( I didnt know how to use google docs to make schedules till then)
and the best part is it is helping me in keeping track of what I am doing.

so if anyone else wants to make a study schedule, this is how you go about it

Under the GoogleDocs logo, click on the CREATE NEW BOX >> FROM TEMPLATE
Under PUBLIC TEMPLATES, Search for the following: MDnotebook.com - Study Schedule Template
Click on USE THIS TEMPLATE. The sample template will now open up.
In the left hand corner, next to GOOGLEdocs Logo, rename the title of your spreadsheet by clicking on: Copy of MDnotebook.com - Study Schedule Template and replacing it with your username or a name that can be uniquely identified.
Personalize your schedule
Click on FILE >> SAVE

I think this one is the template my SP created but you can use others too.

#52 ·
lets do it together

hii everyone...lets do group study...lets pick out topics/chapter(s)..studythem individually ....n then post questions/high yields/spot on's.anything that anyone had difficulty in understanding or feels that he has something some one else might benefit.....
say what??...any one in it with me??????????:D

#57 ·
group study

thats gr8 guys..so lets start the group study...since everyone is doing some or the other chapter in medicine..i propose we start with medicine..lets group 2 chapters together so that we can be a bit more on a fast lane ..since some in this group are doing resp ..i propose we start with the first group consisting of
resp and infections
???
lets give it a week n then at then end of the week post questions or anything related to these 2 topics..we can even post notes since some of us aredoing mtb 3 while othrs aredoing kln or fa..this way we can get a more indepth into the subject with out physically going through every book
i am open to suggestions..so if anynoewants to modify it ...please let me know ....
but one thing i want from peole aggreing for the grou pstudy..commitment to stay committed....not t odisappear after a few sessions or give no regular input..:)
start reading!!!!!!!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.