USMLE Forums banner

Exam on 25th June. Desperate to postpone. No dates!

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  IMlover 
#1 · (Edited)
My exam is scheduled for the 25th of June.
Just finished the Kaplan CS course and did very poorly on ICE. SEP was good, but CIS was again average. PN sucked big time. As of now, I have not even done FA CS. I know I need time to prepare and I am desperate to postpone my test, but there are no dates available and in all probability, none will be available till October!
Took CK last week. Had asked friends who had done CS how much prep time would CS require and was told 3-4 weeks is enough. I gave myself 3 weeks, but now I am certain, I need more time. October rules me out of the match for this year.
Freaking out here! Any suggestions please? Anything to alleviate/aggravate my condition? Need a response.
How does exchanging test dates happen? I read about that on the forums a lot. Help anyone?

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply Dr. Albert. I may be panicking, but I have the Kaplan score report that tells me that I am very poor in ICE. Still have to do FA. 1 day of travel. Not enough time. This is a tough exam. I thought otherwise, but it requires quite a lot of effort. Maybe easy for AMG's. But and old IMG like me, effort is the key and I don't have the time to put in that effort :(

#4 ·
10 days is good enough to improve your ICE.
In the meanwhile, practice FA cases with an SP (friend, relative or colleague).
FA is better than Kaplan core cases.
The most important is to know how to write a good PN (PN is like 70% of ICE score).
It's not a tough exam, it's stressful exam, and everybody makes many mistakes in it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.