USMLE Forums banner

USMLE Step 3 Score Prediction

8K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  99er 
#1 ·
Hi! I am getting ready for my step 3! and... I am not sure what to expect. My exam is on May 16th and may 17th.

What have I done so far?
Kaplan qbank: average 67% (100% done)
UW qbank: average first time 66%. I have done some wrong questions blocks and my average is now 72%
Kaplan Qbook: I have taken like 10 tests and I have been between 72 and 80%
Took NBME last week and I got 430
UW SA just now: Score? 620 (246)
Yesterday I took USMLE free practice blocks and I got 71, 68, 60, 80

I have already done all CCS cases of uworld and I am repeating them again.
I am half way reading MTB-Step 3

My question is.... Which score should I trust? I have read that UW over estimate and NBME under estimate... and for some other people both tests give them the exact same score... but it was not my case.... :( and there is huuuuge gap between both of them!

Thanks!

See less See more
#3 ·
your score should be close to the NBME. sorry

I had the same problem with step 1 and 2, I was doing good on question banks but it did not reflect on my nbme only my final score looked like the nbme.

Possible reasons as to why you are doing better on question banks.
1. you are not doing question banks on timed, full block
2. you got used the the question style of the people who made the question banks..

good luck

#4 ·
I really do not know...
My previous experience with the other steps is that NBME always underpredicted my scores. I do not why....
My step 1 I got the exact same score that my UWSA 1. 224 (96)
My step 2 I got way over both UWSA (237) and NBME (218). and I got 254 (99)
My last steps were not that while ago.... so I still have fresh the information.
My test is really soon and I am gonna go for it... I will let everyone know at the end what I got.
Thank you for your opinion anyway! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.