USMLE Forums banner

Why choose CSEVideo.com

47K views 105 replies 49 participants last post by  gusgus 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

1. First and foremost because you want to Pass your CS Exam and obtain a Residency of your choice.

2. Complete video cases of the actual exam. With no interruptions or narrations. So you can focus solely on the encounter.
3. We use only one Physician so you can develop a sense of consistency for each case, and learn the appropriate responses for any case.
4. All of our SPs are medical school graduates who Aced the CS exam and have first hand experience on how the SP responds.
5. All of our cases depict actual scenarios you will experience in your exam.
6. The best price and highest quality for live video programs to Master the CS Exam.
7. Each of our cases mirror the most popular textbooks so you don't have to spend any extra time doing research.
8. Assessment exam to test your ability to quickly and efficiently write the patient note.
9. Mnemonics that can only be found on our site, to master any portion of the patient note in a moments notice.
10. Specialized SEP Audio section created for mastering your SEP specifically for the CS exam.

Here are some examples of our subscribers feedback!

I passed my USMLE STEP 2 CS on my first attempt!!!.
Your videos were extremely helpful.
I went into my exam with SUPREME CONFIDENCE.
I knew I had passed when I exited the testing center.
Thank you so much for a great product.
I will highly recommend your videos and study materials to other students.
Chester I. Clark II. M.D. Candidate class of 2011. Drexel University College of Medicine.

I just got my cs results this morning,
I passed my cs exam on the my first attempt with higher performance in all components. I know it was because of csevideos. Thank you so much for what you are doing.
Dr. Alain Tagne, Class of 2006, Libreville, GABON

Watch your CS exam online today at

-
-

See less See more
#31 ·
I'm subscribed to CSEvideo. It's good so far. However, I've noticed that there are many cases not found in First Aid and many cases in FA with no analogues in CSEvideo.

I wonder if the cases in CSEvideo that are not found in FA are high-yield? I mean why did you choose to specifically present such cases?

#48 ·
Hi,
Thank you for your interest in CSEVideo.com.
Please feel free to contact us directly at cse@csevideo.com.

We have 48 videos in total, 12 of those videos are mystery cases where the chief complaint is NOT given and the student must figure out what the sp is attempting to tell you. These 12 videos come with a timed patient note page where the student then types a patient note regarding the mystery case. Otherwise there are 36 additional case videos. If you click on the samples tab on our homepage you will find a list under "videos" of all the cases provided. Each video is between 12-15 minutes they begin with knocking on the door and go straight through to the closure with no interruptions except for a beep that sounds off when there is five minutes remaining.

The 17 day package is a good package to become comfortable with the program. However, the time frame depends on your medical experience and the amount of time you have to prepare for the exam.

If you need additional assistance please let us know.
Good Luck in your exam
Thank you
CSEVideo.com
cse@csevideo.com

#54 ·
you people are best I have purchased it few days back and I am looking forward to tell all my friends, very nice work as IMG I feel best thing I have done is using your videos even thought I have just started them .I just have 1 concern with your material notes we are not able to print them why you dont allow them to print like other website do allow to print notes etc.,

#51 ·
Highly recommended!

Hello guyz (and girls of course)
I am an IMG (from Pakistan) and I recently passed my CS exam. I used CSE videos as part of my prep, i would say they are pretty helpful. At least you get a clue about how to execute things in the real exam.
Of course nothing beats actual practice but watching videos gives u an idea of how to approach the patient.
so, for all of those who are wondering whether or not use the video....i would say..just go ahead with it. Its not expensive and u have already paid a high fee for ur exam not to mention the cost of traveling and accommodation that is added, and passing CS, especially in the first attempt is such a big bonus.
So for all the reasons just give FA a read then watch the videos and PRACTICE A LOT with a friend.
I wish everyone the very best of luck.

#52 ·
Hello guyz (and girls of course)
I am an IMG (from Pakistan) and I recently passed my CS exam. I used CSE videos as part of my prep, i would say they are pretty helpful. At least you get a clue about how to execute things in the real exam.
Of course nothing beats actual practice but watching videos gives u an idea of how to approach the patient.
so, for all of those who are wondering whether or not use the video....i would say..just go ahead with it. Its not expensive and u have already paid a high fee for ur exam not to mention the cost of traveling and accommodation that is added, and passing CS, especially in the first attempt is such a big bonus.
So for all the reasons just give FA a read then watch the videos and PRACTICE A LOT with a friend.
I wish everyone the very best of luck.
but the fact remains they cant be subscribed on any credit card from pakistan and askin sumbody abroad for his credit is not a very comfortable idea...so id advise CSE videos to do sumthing about it..the other ways dat they suggest are tym consuming.

#58 ·
Currently using CSE video along with FA for CS practice for an April exam, and I think they are great, I love visuals. I am reviewing abdominal pain video, and have some suggestions.

1) The doctor should have shown more empathy in the intro, when he stated pain is 9/10, she didnt say "Oh I am sorry to hear that blah blah"

2) Also when he stated that he is vomiting 2 cups every few hrs, she could have said "I am sorry to hear, that must be frustrating, I will do my best to figure out why " or something similar.

2) The doctor should have asked if his friends are experiencing similar symptoms, since he said it started after being out drinking and eating with them.

3) When he had coughing bouts, the doctor never expressed empathy.

4) How come abdominal exam isnt done with the knees bent, so ab muscles can be relaxed. In video, patient had his feet crossed.

5) How come she doesnt check for CVA tenderness, would be easy to do right after doing pulmonary exam at the back.

6) How come she doesnt palpate the flanks, it would just take a sec more, and is significant to the exam.

7) The following should be shown, testing psoas sign, obturator sign, Rovsing's sign too. At least 1 test to test for appendicitis would be good in any patient that presents with sudden abdominal pain.

Thanks, just a heads up, also for others using it too.

Reactions: drciri
#59 ·
Hi,

Thank you for your comments.
I would like to address your concerns regarding this case.

In the video Dr. Reynolds says at least 3 times I am sorry to hear about what you are experiencing and I will do everything I can to help you today.

The sp was a smoker in real life so his cough had nothing to do with the case.

The physical exam was done specifically for an abdominal case, the amount of time in the room with the sp is limited, and therefore the physical exam must be done within the time frame allotted.

The psoas and obturator were not done because the case did not involve appendicitis as a differential and a CVA tenderness was not checked because the sp did not state any pain or changes with urination.

Light and deep palpitations are done in all four quadrants along with the inspection, auscultation, and Murphy's.

The videos are done specifically for the CS Exam and follow the outline that is found in the most popular textbooks regarding history and physical exam.

Please feel free to contact us directly at info@csevideo.com if you have any comments, questions, or concerns.

Good Luck in your exam

Thank you

#60 ·
Thanks for prompt response, hope we are talking about same video. There is clearly only light palpation, no deep palpation with both hands, and flanks should always be checked, just one sec.

I can actually go back and review and find what time mark the empathy u indicated was used and post on here. All in all videos are great, just wanted to point these out so ppl are aware.

#61 ·
Hi,

Thank you for your response.

It is video set 3 # 5 John Checker 32 yo male c/o abdominal pain.
At 9:03 Dr. Reynolds states "I'd like to press deeper is that ok?" She then begins deep palpation with two hands.

At 1:39 Dr. Reynolds states "I am very sorry to hear about what you are experiencing, I am going to do everything I can to help you." At 3:02 the sp describes the vomit and Dr. Reynolds then says again, I am very sorry to hear about what you are experiencing I am going to do everything I can to help you." The sp then expresses frustration with answering questions and begins to demand some pain medication.

This approach will assist you in mastering the sp in the CS exam. I hope this response clears up some of the questions you have.

Thank you for your membership and Please feel free to contact us anytime at info@csevideo.com.

Good Luck in your exam
Thank you
CSEVideo.com

#62 ·
Thanks, just wanted to give an update. I've been using CSEVIDEO since, and so far its been working great since my last complaint. Its helpful using it alongside FA, also if there is a PE component you dont understand, you can find clips online that can show you that more in detail.

I cant find a video on confusion/memory loss, is there one? Only close one I see is Dizziness. Please can you direct me to it. Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.