USMLE Forums banner

2015 Pediatrics Residency Matching Applicants

127K views 534 replies 99 participants last post by  peds2017 
#1 ·
This threads is dedicated for Pediatrics 2015 Match Applicants.

You can share how you are preparing for the Pedicatrics Residency Matching.

You can also later share your news of getting interviews and/or rejections and anything related to your Pediatrics Residency Application this matching season 2014-2015.

It would be appreciated if you also mention your credentials in the following format
Step 1 Score (attempt number)/Step 2 CK Score (attempt number)/Step 2 CS pass (attempt number)/Graduation Year/USCE yes or no/Visa requirement (J1, H1B, Not needed, ..etc)

Examples
-230(1)/213(2)/CS(1)/2007/No USCE/J1
-245(2)/235(1)/CS(2)/2005/USCE, three months externship/GC
-255(1)/254(1)/CS(not yet)/2010/No USCE/US Citizen

#450 ·
and yes step 3 does help somewhat. I wrote my exam earlier this year to be ready for the current season. Not necessarily for the H1b, but for programs to know that they dont have to worry you will fail step 3 during residency (which is a really bad thing). Some programs even require you to write it at the end of PGY-1, and if you fail it, sometimes they do remove you from the program (after a certain number of attempts).

#461 ·
I think at this point, realistically >80% of programs have sent out all their interviews. There might be one or maximum two more weeks, but then it's just going to be invites from cancelled interviews.

I don't know about you, but I'm calling it guys. Time to put my hopes and energy into next year's application. This year for me, was just a lot of lessons on what not to do next year.

Already put a ton of money, and over 10 years into this dream. What's one more year, lol?

#466 ·
I got a message from them too. But i think its a rejection.
Something like... "We regret that at this time, due to the tremendous number of applications received, we are unable to offer you an interview. If an interview opportunity arises, we will contact you regarding scheduling."
Did u get the same or anything different?

#470 ·
should i call it?

hello, i was just wondering with all the frustration and comparisons to last years credentials vs interviews at this time, do i still have a chance at more IVs? i have 225/220/1st/2013 1mo USCE and currently i have 3 IVs, 53 out of the 77 programs i applied to haven't answered yet, so should I still have hope or would you just let it to rest? i think a lot of those programs that haven't answered are most probably silent rejections, but i will never know, good luck to all of you and i hope we can get more interviews when people with too much interviews begin to cancel, what could be the interview average right now for IMGs nobody knows, i would go with 5

#471 ·
hello, i was just wondering with all the frustration and comparisons to last years credentials vs interviews at this time, do i still have a chance at more IVs? i have 225/220/1st/2013 1mo USCE and currently i have 3 IVs, 53 out of the 77 programs i applied to haven't answered yet, so should I still have hope or would you just let it to rest? i think a lot of those programs that haven't answered are most probably silent rejections, but i will never know, good luck to all of you and i hope we can get more interviews when people with too much interviews begin to cancel, what could be the interview average right now for IMGs nobody knows, i would go with 5
Hi
May I know if u need visa??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.