USMLE Forums banner

Winter shoewear

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  rohit39 
#1 ·
Clueless south asian here. As winter looms (the snow has already started in a lot of places) I have a question about footwear for an interview (for men). Could you just possibly continue wearing the usual formal shoes I've been wearing all this time, or should I be getting some kind of boots?

Any suggestions would be awesome!

#2 ·
I was born and raised in the cold but I still have an issue with shoes (probably because I'm a female) but..

Formal shoes are fine, just make sure they're somewhat waterproof so your socks don't get drenched. Watch out for salt...it can leave white stains on black shoes. I know they sell formal-looking winter boots, but it can be pricey, and not worth it if you're not going to spend a lot of time in colder areas.

It's harder for women to find professional looking shoes that go against the forces of winter.

#4 ·
I was born and raised in the cold but I still have an issue with shoes (probably because I'm a female) but..

Formal shoes are fine, just make sure they're somewhat waterproof so your socks don't get drenched. Watch out for salt...it can leave white stains on black shoes. I know they sell formal-looking winter boots, but it can be pricey, and not worth it if you're not going to spend a lot of time in colder areas.

It's harder for women to find professional looking shoes that go against the forces of winter.
I was thinking of an overshoe, something like this http://www.amazon.com/Totes-Mens-Rubber-Footwear-Overshoes/dp/B002NWZLSY

It looks nice and everything, but I just wonder if it's practical, and if I really need it! (I will be spending most of January in NYC when I'm not interviewing around the place)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.