USMLE Forums banner

My CS mistakes,need your advice,guys!!!

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Dr.Lacune 
#1 ·
I ran out of time in 3 cases and didnt have time to consult,is it a serious problem??

#3 · (Edited)
Hi, i mean the other stuff was that in only 1-2 cases I could not fulfill the physical exam and forgot to ask just a few of the questions
What i did wright:
-did pretty much well on communication -i mean i did everything what is given in all he Internet sources. Addressed all the patients interests, explained them everything ; was very empathetic;they obviously were satisfied with my answer.
-could guess all 3 diagnoses in 10 cases
-2 diagnoses in the rest of 2 although did mention 3 of them , just think that one of the diagnoses in each of the cases might be a weak one- but these was only for the very weird cases which i had only 2.SEP was normal
3.In all the rest cases i did very successful closure
-managed to type everything in patient notes they way how it is recommended to type on official sources.(First Aid, USMLEWORLD.) , used bullet-type patient notes.- like HPI , then allergies, Meds , ROS, PMH, PSH, SH, sexual if was necessary, ob/gyn; FH
Physical exams in the following order -GA, Vitals, Neck, Chest, heart, Abdominal, Extremities, sometimes thyroid and psycho.
P.S. in case where 2 patients had the fatigue and depression - i did at least orientation, memory, concentration, insight, gait and cranial nerves; along with GA, thyroid and sometimes extremities;

in 7-8 cases i managed to do 2-3 different exams
in 1-2 cases only 2
and in the rest ones only 1, but did closure in the 9 cases.
Managed to type all the patient notes and support my diagnoses pretty well;
My diagnostic tests were at least 4-5 for each case.
Pretty much everything.
I read somewhere on internet (Neeraj' Notes for example-they are free to download on-line) that closure is just a 3-4 points out of 23. but i am pretty sure i did the rest of the things just very well. May be it's a mistake but i still think so.
Dr.Lacune , tell me honestly, what do you think on that?????

So, what do you think? Do i have any chances at all?
P.S.2. Super - stressful exam and many of the things are pretty much different from what i saw on rotations /real patient management and interactions/encounters.
THANKS In ADVANCE for your answer.

#4 ·
I think you have a great chance to pass despite the mistakes. I had multiple mistakes as well, if you wanna take a look at my thread, you will see how much I left stuff here and there, although I haven't gotten my score yet but let's keep in touch and support until the results.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.