USMLE Forums banner

2015 Anesthesiology Residency Matching Applicants

80K views 341 replies 39 participants last post by  mariap 
#1 ·
Someone had to start this thread, might as well be me.
Step 1 - 234, Step 2CK - 263, Step 2CS - 1st attempt fail:(, 2nd attempt July 30th.
5 months USCE (teaching hospital and clinics)
Anesthesiology resident in my home country. No visa needed.

Don't know if I should wait to be certified (October 8) or apply September 15th.

#3 ·
me too

Old grad, finished Anesthesiology residency in home country. Step 1 227, CS 1st attempt, Step 2 CK exam on August 13th. Don't know either if i should apply this September 15th or wait for my certificate. Don't need a visa. 1 year research, 2 month Observerships. Nice to meet you all.

#9 ·
Hi Everyone

trying this out for the 2nd time around

232/251/Pass , all 1st attempts
US Citizen IMG, YOG 2012
Currently a PGY-1 (preliminary) in Internal Medicine (NYC)

I have confirmed with various programs that I am still eligible for categorical.

Hope my chances are better this year. Best of luck to all.

#17 ·
trying this out for the 2nd time around

232/251/Pass , all 1st attempts
US Citizen IMG, YOG 2012
Currently a PGY-1 (preliminary) in Internal Medicine (NYC)

I have confirmed with various programs that I am still eligible for categorical.

Hope my chances are better this year. Best of luck to all.
Hello!! Is it too dificult match in anesthesia as IM prelim??? Thanks!! (I am non us img)

#27 ·
Icahn.

"Thank you for your interest in the Department of Anesthesiology at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai. I just wanted to confirm that we have received your ERAS application. We will be starting the interview selection process in mid October, once deans letters and transcripts are released. At that point, we will communicate ONLY with those applicants who are selected for interviews."

#26 ·
help

Will it be difficult to get the match without experience as anesthetist in my country and without research or publications as many of you ? Will it be difficult to get the match with excelents results in the Steps (maybe above 235-245 I think), a couple of month of USCE and a couple of LORs? I plan to prepare to apply in 2015. Thaks a lot!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.