USMLE Forums banner

Today I got my CK result, 258/99!

7K views 40 replies 19 participants last post by  ela_5 
#1 ·
:happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy:
Hi dear friends,
Today I got my CK result and I feel sOooO happy and relieved; for awhile (till start studying for step1:D)

This forum was the only well-organized usmle forum that helped me a lot, during my prep, and I really appreciate it.
Because I always checking here for new threads and new exam experiences I think sharing my experience, might be helpful for other CK-takers searching for the same subject!

As I came out from the exam I had NO idea what the result will be, but I was quite sure that the exam was somehow easier than Qbanks, overall...But I had no approximation of result.
It was lengthy but thoroughly possible to go through! You just need to be concentrating, and never panic, be focused and study confident and goal oriented!

I started studying for CK at Sept 20,
*finished Kaplan lecture notes: 2 times within 4 months (the second time was accompanied by note gathering).
Then started UW qbank for next 2 months (started at Feb 2nd), it was really helpful. I tried to reconsider studying every weak aspects and add new points to previous notes.

*I studied UW, subject wise and timed--->75%
*Took NBME 2 (Feb 26th)--->510
*10 days later UWSA (March 8th)---> 710/258

*A week after that, I took NBME3 because I planned to take the exam ASAP and I wanted to be sure about my score and felt that UWSA is overestimating the scores and I got --->540

It made me feel a little worried about a real 8-block, 9 hours exam result, so I postponed the exam and decided to start
*Kaplan qbank: 44-questions blocks, timed and random. with final percentage--->72%
(kaplan Qbank was really helpful too. It helped me become familiar with another kind of complexity of questions, I suggest UW and Kaplan both!)

Then I took a look at all notes I'd gathered and then
*USMLE sample (150 questions)---> 85%

And went for exam on April 14th and here is the result...

I will be happy to help with any questions,

Good luck :)

See less See more
#3 ·
Will you recommend doin DVDS kaplan?
Yes sure,
I used some of kaplan lectures which I forgot to mention about:)
I listened to psychology+some IM lectures(cardio,hemato,infectious dis)with first round of lecture notes+ethics and biostatistics at last week:D
you can go with them as much as your time lets you,but more importantly focus on notes and qbanks.

#10 ·
Actually,I decided to use kaplan qbank too late and because of that I didnt have enough time to go through every questioin's concept carefully as I did for UW.
But I noticed that the whole design of questions had the tendency to brought your attention to some teeny tiny points which were not just in the center of your attention but not impossible to be asked for,too!
Besides,it really helped me to practise reading 44*6-8 blocks of appropriate lenght questions,as fast as possible.in the exam all you need is scanning the question stem-no matter how looooooong they are-and finding main relevant points in the minimum possible time.
moreover it was a quick review of what I'd studied before...:)

good luck

#11 ·
UW and Kaplan

Congrats rozirose! All the best with future steps and career!

One question-you suggested to do both UW and Kaplan! If in shortage of time, how should we spend our time in these 2 q banks? 50-50 split? 75-25?

#12 ·
Congrats rozirose! All the best with future steps and career!

One question-you suggested to do both UW and Kaplan! If in shortage of time, how should we spend our time in these 2 q banks? 50-50 split? 75-25?
Thanks 1TA2B,I wish you the same as well:)
honestly, I liked UW more and learnt from it more so if I have to choose one of them I'll absolutely pick UW...
But on the other hand,the last thing which helped me boost my confidence was kaplan qbank.
I dont know by shortage of time,how many days do you mean,but if there is not enough time to finish UW,it's not a good idea to leave it unfinished and go for kaptest,I believe.
By the way I decided to buy kaplan qbank about 3 weeks prior to my exam and finished it within 2weeks,which I'm not regreted about ;)

Good luck

#14 ·
yes first time

hey congrats a lot.............ur success story has been inspiring for me esp......as also em takin my CK first. Good luck for step 1. May u do well for step 1 as u have done for CK :)
yes first time for me too!!!:(..n now feeling down(like prep not going well) and started wondering whether should take a review course like DIT....feeling side tracked..what to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:toosad::toosad::toosad:

#21 ·
Hi.. Congratulations for such a remarkable score.. ;)

Would you please help me out in scheduling my schedule?! Right now Im a final year student.. I have my final exams in Dec-Jan.. Im planning to give CK in 1st week of April.. But Im still unable to plan out how to start studying.. Right now Im definitely studying from textbooks because I have to give my final exams.. But I'm also studying Kaplan Lecture Notes side by side.. Please tell me how can I do better?! Your help will be appreciated a lot.. :)

#23 ·
Hi,
thank you:)

Actually I dont know which type of plan are you asking for...
But I think the mainstems are Kaplan lecture notes/lectures.So you have to make a plan to go through them completely and carefully.
When you finish them very good and thorough,try kaplan Qbank and UW...
I dont know if I could help enough,Let me know if you want to know anything else.

good luck.

#22 ·
congrats!

hey congrats on ur super duper score im sure ur ecstatic.

well i just took my step 1 exam yesterday. it was decent will find out my result in the 3 -4 week time frame.

starting with my prep for step 2 ck. only thing is i have abt 2 -3 months to prepare. wat do u suggest.

thanks in advance!

#24 ·
hey congrats on ur super duper score im sure ur ecstatic.

well i just took my step 1 exam yesterday. it was decent will find out my result in the 3 -4 week time frame.

starting with my prep for step 2 ck. only thing is i have abt 2 -3 months to prepare. wat do u suggest.

thanks in advance!
Hi Susanbal,
Thank you so much.I wish you the best for your step 1 result too:)
If you want to take step 2 in 2-3 months,I think the best way is to take a NBME first and regarding to its score decide what to do.may be reading a q bank(UW for sure) will be the best choice.

Let me know if you have any questions.
good luck.

#25 ·
hey

hey thanks a lot
but i was thinking of a more comprehensive review!
i took about 3 mnths for my step 1 prep.

i have abt 10-12 hrs to study each day if not more.
do u thnk kaplan notes and uw qbank would suffice
or do i need to do anythng else as well?

thanks in advance

#27 ·
hey thanks a lot
but i was thinking of a more comprehensive review!
i took about 3 mnths for my step 1 prep.

i have abt 10-12 hrs to study each day if not more.
do u thnk kaplan notes and uw qbank would suffice
or do i need to do anythng else as well?

thanks in advance
I did Kaplan lecture notes,Some of lectures and UW but as I describe above right before exam I felt I want do kaplan Qbank too.
but UW is a "MUST" and if you read it well I think you will be fine;)
I think,do not disturb yourself with other materials...

goos luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.