USMLE Forums banner

Jahn77 Got 237/84 Step 1 Score

5K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  1128 
#1 · (Edited)
So many days I was dreaming about writing these words - got my score...

Thanks for merit of God.
Thanks to everybody in this forum, was really helpful to look through questions; discussions and most of all - experiences.
Thanks to my family - supporting; caring; filling my life with joy.

Exam on Oct 25 th. Can't say anything, just forgot all, feeling was like did good, but the same time was afraid if missed something. Lots of neuro, pharmacodynamics.

Background - old IMG (10 y), working full time.
Study period:
1) Aug 2010 - March 2011 - adaptation, looking through FA (what the exam looks like), kind of reading in between - biochem, pathology, physiology (2-3 h/day) non consistent
2) Since April begun more consistent study with FA notes from various sources, listening to Goljan, Kaplan audio (no time for video); questions from various sources
3) last 3 months - UW (average 63); FA FA and FA...

NBME 3 (6 months back) - 400
NMBE 6 (3 months back) - 390 - did after whole day of reading; the result really pushed me and gave significance of good rest
NBME 1;2;5 (offline) about 75-80%
UWSA 1-550; 2 - 530
NBME 7 - 470
NBME 12 - 540
NBME 11 - 530
Official 150 - after first block program crushed, got 85 in first block, tried paper versions from previous years - seemed all the same (many repeated questions)

Last week took vacation from work; but was not able to read whole day (so boring); look through FA with a block a day from Kaplan.

That's all...

See less See more
#12 ·
nbme 7 - 1 months before
nbme 12- 2 weeks before
nbme 11 - 3 days before

FA is good once you annotate it, by itself, seems not so much.
What did you annotate your fa with? Is it okay if I only write uworld notes in a separate book and study along with first aid. Notice that my first aid is not annotated and i will only use uworld notes to complement my fa studying. is this fine?

#13 ·
I put on my FA whatever info looked like HY.
Hand notes, printouts, stickers...so it was like my work notebook. It is so much mess, that only me can understand. I did not use notebook.
I had kind of evernote notes (clips from web and etc), but FA was primary.

#15 ·
congrats

congratulations on your score....
i am an old grad....i did kaplan once but i dont remember much at all
i thought i would do FA+UW and write uw notes into my FA....along with taking nbme's. would i be ok for the exam
please adivse....waiting anxiously for your reply:eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.