USMLE Forums banner

question about research job

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Mesicine.sz89 
#1 ·
Hi friends
I want to find volunteer research position in neurology. I want to send emails to the professors in IMG friendly states and ask them to accept me as researcher. My question is:
Is it better to ask from university hospitals or community hospitals professors or there is no difference?
I know some of the students do research in good universities like Harvard and Jon hopkins, but when we as IMg have no chance to be accepted in such universities what is the benefit? Thanks if anyone explain it to me.

#2 ·
I don't think Harvard or Hopkins research is something we can even talk about !
look or research in your states, don't matter if those hospitals take IMGs or not, don't matter if those hospital/research centers are university based or community ones affiliates with universities !
Email research directors directly or/and reach out to people you know in the medical field that can refer you to research directors is better bet.
I emailed around 50 faculties in my city hospital, and I got 2 replies only, but guess what? both of them asked me if I can help with some volunteering, and indeed I chose the one I liked.
if you were applying for 2016, you better hurry up.
I also suggest volunteering at community outreach activities and clinics.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.