1)SHALL GO FOR STEP 1
2)GO FOR STEP 2 TAKE A BRAKE FROM STEP 1

PLANNING FOR KAPLAN OR USMLE ACD ANY SUGG

THANK YOU

#2 ·
How to help U???

mmmmmm
Let's think...
First tell how many NBME you took and your scores....
Then tell how many hours or months you prepared before the exam...
Tell your exam experience
Before all think and be honest before u tell so that everyone can help u...

I'm glad you r not giving up but YOU must pass soon...

#4 ·
REAL SCORE ATT 1-171 AND ATT 2-150
i took 2 nbmeS average in 180s(7&11)
STUDY TIME-one and a half years
xam experience is not TOO BAD... FAMILIAR QUESTION ARE THERE

LOOK REALLY STUPID. RIGHT?
I KNOW I NEVER LEARN FROM MY PAST EXPERIENCE
I STUDIED UWORLD FOR 6 MONTHS AND FIRST AID 2015 3 MONTHS

#5 ·
dnt take step 2 now , concentrate on step 1 and try to do uworld again and make notes in a separate copy and then read those and fa after u finish uw and try to give nbme
i am sure u will see improvement
but write note in a separate copy if u r not writing ,may be this can help you
good luck:)

#7 ·
We all need support and help to go through some things in life

Hi Guys, I know the feeling. Pretty much repetition of the most important concepts and being able to discuss and learn from each other is the best any review program can offer. But none of the ones you get for free or buy online nor the two out there that you would go to class and watch the lectures offers there. They throw the content at you but there is not a strategy or support as they claim.

I came across a different one, that starts with the personal attention, limited class size and interaction with the entire group as one, so we all learn and push each other. It is impressive and they offer a support for question taking strategies and daily reviews for 5 or 6 weeks. This is awesome and something that I wish I knew when I first starting to review everything for this exam.

It is called Institute of Medical Boards in the Kansas City area. www.iomb.net

The place is great and hotel accommodations are great and offer included breakfast and dinner. It is very quiet and comfortable, and all lectures and reviews happens right here.

I would strongly recommend here, as a fellow IMG , who took all rotations in the US, and did very well but struggling with the steps. Let me know if you have any questions.. you can find all info on their site and they also have more info on their facebook / youtube etc. just look it up. All the best !!!!!

#9 ·
i can give you a long speech of encouragement
but i felt that what's better to do is lay out some facts

all the previous attempts will be there for the residency program directors to see and examine.... one failed attempt is one black dot...2 failed attempts are 50 black dots
you are an IMG already..that;s 2 black dots already...you have visa issues and you are a liability for the hospital ...the only way to convince the program director that you are an asset to the hospital and not a libility is a very high score..in the range of 230 240 even 250...
you have 2 attempts with very low score 170 is your best ...the third time you take the exam better score 240 or right off the bat you have no chance to compete with other IMGs with 240 250 on the first attempt ..or AMGs with American passports ...
do you think you are able to score 240 next time ??
that's 70 scores jump....do not go to the exam unless you score 250 on nbme
that's my only advice for you
because even with 250 on nbme your real exam score might be 240 or 230 so better be on the safe side

my sincere advice is ... explore other options beside residency in usa....
i know it's not what you wanna hear .... but it's really sincere advice

best of luck buddy

#10 ·
Recommendation for Step 1

Hello
Failing the step 1 exam is very stressful and can be depressing. Here are some tips I have for you?

1. think of the reasons why you failed the test e.g How much time did you dedicate towards the test?
2. How well were you doing on the qbanks practice test.
3. did you understand the contents you studied
4. most importantly how did you perform on the NBME questions 2 weeks prior to taking the exam? thats a warning.

for now take break and start afresh. dont repeat the same mistakes you did before.

if you want a solid review program to consolidate and simplify the contents for step 1 and 2ck. try smashusmle.com. we have full money back guarantee until you pass. hope this helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.