USMLE Forums banner

What do you think about Lippincott's Pharmacology!

11K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  Dr. Mexito 
#1 ·
All of the materials (First read). Now I'm reading Lippincott's pharmacology 5th ed. (I've almost read half of the book). I reall like it, good tables and pictures... Though, it is really a big book. I want to finish reading it before next week...

Does anyone that has read the same book can share the experience with me??? Do you think it is possible???

Does it really makes a difference to read it more than two times???

After finishing with pharmacology I'm going to read RRP and then BS. I want to read all of the books at least 2 times (If there is time, a third time will also do). I'm reading FA at the same time and doing UW by block.

What do you think???

Opinions are wellcome...

P.D.
I'm doing the exam on april/27

#3 ·
iwll tell u what i hear
dont come near lippincot s pharma it takes alot of time
and kaplan and 1st aid and uw more than enough
many friends told me that 1st aid and uw more than enough but u need kaplan to understand 1st aid

good luck
today i buy kaplan pharma iwill start reading it next week
wish me luck

#4 ·
Hey...

Maybe we can kind of review it together... if you want... since you will be reading pharma too, we can work it together.

Thank you for your help... :redcheeks;

iwll tell u what i hear
dont come near lippincot s pharma it takes alot of time
and kaplan and 1st aid and uw more than enough
many friends told me that 1st aid and uw more than enough but u need kaplan to understand 1st aid

good luck
today i buy kaplan pharma iwill start reading it next week
wish me luck

#8 ·
At last...

I have finished reading Lippincott's Pharmacology... Wow, it took me some time. I did like it, but I will only recommended it for the ones who feel that pharmacology is a weak topic and have the time to read it...

:eek::eek::eek:

#9 ·
I have finished reading Lippincott's Pharmacology... Wow, it took me some time. I did like it, but I will only recommended it for the ones who feel that pharmacology is a weak topic and have the time to read it...

:eek::eek::eek:
I think lippincott is a pretty good book for pharm. But once your done with it you should do the kaplan pharm that most students suggested. I am now doing the kaplan pharm and it summarizes most of the important stuff from lippincott.

#12 ·
I am weak at Pharm, too. And I don't know its a good choice to read Katzung's Pharmacology rev for the boards. I took a quick glance at Kaplan Pharm note, but i was confused and thought I would need some more expln for how this or that drug works... I have been reading for 2 days now slowly, its very textbook like... How long did it take you to finish the Lipincott?
Is the KAtzung book a good choice? Anyone has tried it b4? Any advice would be highly appreciated.

#13 ·
Hello there...

How long did it take you to finish the Lipincott?
Is the KAtzung book a good choice? Anyone has tried it b4? Any advice would be highly appreciated.
It took me 13 days, but that is because I couldn't read 8 hours a day everyday and I didn't read it every day (I was on finals, so I had to stop some days). However, I'm a 100% sure that it can be done in less than 7 days (cover to cover and marking the book as well). I know I guy who did it in 5... Is a good book, really good... I think that it really helped me, I feel more safe now. I like is so much that I will read it again, but now... since I have already marked it and wrote notes all over it... I guess that it will be faster.

About Katzung... I do not now anything about it. I just read and asked about Lippincott, that's why I made the decision of reading it. I do not regret... it has questions and an e-book to review (this is really good, it help me to go faster when I want to find something while reading FA). So bottom line, if you have the time and the money... go for it. If you think that is to much, they say that Kaplan is a good option too.

Hope that this helps you to make a decision.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.