USMLE Forums banner

The USMLE Step 2 & me...I'm done!!!

17K views 24 replies 18 participants last post by  Hypertrichosis 
#1 ·
Preparation time = 1.5 months
(I took Step 1 in mid Sept and CS in early Nov)
Exam date Dec 29th

Materials:
- Kaplan videos (all except for surgery and Emergency Medicine) = I watched them once
- MTB for Step 2 CK read it once
- Kaplan LN for IM, Dermatology and ObGyn

UW (timed unused random) = 79% one time
Kaplan Step 2 Qbank (completed less than 20%...only surgery/Psychiatry/EM) 72%

USWA = 260 (10 days before my exam)
NBME 4 = 570/246 (2 days before my exam)

Test:
I had 5 blocks - 44 qs each and 3 blocks - 42 qs each.
The question stems were pretty long!…A lot of orthopedics, psychiatry and biostatistics.

Well, good luck to all and happy new year! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

See less See more
#8 ·
Congrats...

hi congrts for d exam. ur so quick, i have to ask somthn abt exam hard level. how was it. tougher den uw. many ppl say its tougher. u said q-stem was long , but wat abt compare to kaplan n uw.. i took 4 months for ck. dates in mid feb. finishd kaplan qbank wid 72, doin uw now n timed/ mixed. need ur advise.:) how to improve biostats . i feel m weak in it..

#13 ·
the qs are long, but you will have enough time to answer all the qs...so, dont worry about that.
key points? ... do all the psychiatry, ethics and biostatistics from UW and Kaplan!!!!
"n can u help doing abstracts"...the abstracts are not that bad...and the answers are pretty straight forward.

Good luck!

#14 ·
i need some serious help...i took NBME 4 LAST MONTH,on dec 10...i got exactly 200...my UWORLD %was around mid-60...like 65 to 70%...bt i dint perform well in NBME(my biggest nightmare)now im doin KAPLAN QBANK...bt i feel,my %is nt v.well....:toosad:...its nt improving upto 60%...i did MTB-3 + KLN for all the subjests.....twice...
now i plan to do another NBME inshallah....n im really scared....my exam is rite 2 wks away....which nbme should i go for?wat shall i do?screwed up...

#16 ·
Wishing you all the best for your score!:)

Could you please help me out here... I am studying for the CK for the past 2 weeks and have done Surgery, ObGYN, and Psychiatry so far but only from Uworld (did Trauma section from KLN and used Conrad for ethics). My plan is to do Uworld and use it as a learning tool. I am annotating my MtB-CK heavily with the uworld notes. I plan to do Kaplan Qbank as much as I can accomodate in 15 days (after my first Uworld read). I plan to do Uworld a second time as well. My exam is scheduled for April's first week. Do you think this sounds reasonable to you as you already are done with your CK?

Do you have some suggestions that I can accomodate with this plan? I do plan to watch IM and biostat videos only. How helpful did you think the videos were for you? Did you find KLN a must or will uworld + MTB-CK suffice?

Sorry for bombarding you with all these questions but your reply will be greatly appreciated! :sorry:

#17 ·
Well, I didn't use UW as a "learning tool"...and based on my expirence, I think you should read KLN at least once - my exam was tougher than UW.
Now, about the videos...if you dont have enough time, at least watch ObGyn and Psych....they were very helpful to me! :rolleyes:

#21 ·
WOW...just bought MTB-3 on amazon (I read this on Twitter:
@SeeFisch
Conrad Fischer
Please do NOT use OLD master boards step THREE books bought BEFORE 2011. Book was UPDATED Jan ONE 2011. even if copyright says 2009. NEW NOW)

...really good for CK!!!!...this is NOT the pdf version that you can download "for free" (illegal)...

good luck everyone! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

#23 ·
Preparation time = 1.5 months
(I took Step 1 in mid Sept and CS in early Nov)
Exam date Dec 29th

Materials:
- Kaplan videos (all except for surgery and Emergency Medicine) = I watched them once
- MTB for Step 2 CK read it once
- Kaplan LN for IM, Dermatology and ObGyn

UW (timed unused random) = 79% one time
Kaplan Step 2 Qbank (completed less than 20%...only surgery/Psychiatry/EM) 72%

USWA = 260 (10 days before my exam)
NBME 4 = 570/246 (2 days before my exam)

Test:
I had 5 blocks - 44 qs each and 3 blocks - 42 qs each.
The question stems were pretty long!…A lot of orthopedics, psychiatry and biostatistics.

Well, good luck to all and happy new year! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
THis is not so quickly, he lie, because only KLN reading take around 1.5 month, one time video 1 month, UW subscription at least for 1 month :) MTB one read at least 15 days

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.