USMLE Forums banner

form 186 help

958 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  dr270plus 
#1 ·
i started initial process of ecfm form 186 on 2011 during graduation but didnt give exam that time .. now i have checked that my form 186 is only till july 2016 .. and at this point i only have step 2 ck results.. so my question should i have to send form 186 again after july and will my step 2ck will be lost ? should i have to take test again coz of expiry of step 2ck ? i took exam only in 2015 while my ecfmg form 186 was verified from 2011 : so what to do now ? how i can increase the validity of form 186 ?
thanks..

#3 ·
Step2CK Score is valid for life time if you complete all usmle steps with in 7 years. Your step2CK results and Form 186 has NO relation at all.

Your 186 Form expires on July 2016, so you can take exams before July 2016. You can send new form in July 2016 from your college, so that it can be valid after that...

Call ecfmg if you have extra doubts....you can read ecfmg information booklet carefully to know scores validity.....there are many issues, we fear until we get them done.....don't feel anxious on small things:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.