USMLE Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

For Step 1 takers... march-april-may 2012

30K views 303 replies 47 participants last post by  theundead 
#1 ·
Hello friends.
Those of you Who are preparing step 1 and planned to take exams around march-april-may 2012 can share ur views,
comments here.
All the best guys :)

#3 ·
step 1

yeah will be giving my step 1 in april 2nd.busy with my medical school exam now.read kaplan notes once saw videos(sans micro) once and micro notes read it twice.did some offline uworld qs.not in great shape.will start from january 17th again.72 days......preordered fisrt aid 2012.UWORLD and Kaplan qbank trying to do them both.what are your preparation ??please enlighten:)Happy-2:)

#6 ·
Hi guys! Me too, I'm having a hard time staying motivated, I'm almost half way my first read..
Ideas yo stay motivated??
yeah:just listen to those kaplan videos specially by conrad fischer and lionel raymond.u will feel lot motivated.btw when have u decided to take the exam:)Happy:)-2.please people who r going to give the exam in march april may post here.it will be really helpful.discussing our preparation,uwsa,uworld qbank scoreetc.so that we can compare where we stand and can do strength weakness analysis.:D

#11 ·
My eligibility period goes until march 30th, but I'm not confident right now.. thinking about postponing in, but it's going to cost me some $$..

Well, I've been preparing for almost 8 months... but lately (last 2 months) I'm not studying at all :( I had problems with my ex-girlfriend and we are now trying to go back again... and study = zero.

I was always motivated and studying really hard, but now even If I have time (i'm on vacation) I dont feel like studying at all... I need more motivation... she is supporting me and stuff, but...

Well.. I'm trying to finish Goljan RR Patho book but it's so boring to read it.. it seems that everything is important and it's impossible to memorize... I read and after 30 secs I forgot what I've just read... I'm thinking about using BRS, dont know... or just listen Goljan Audio + FA...

Let's go guys!! Good study for everyone :(

#18 ·
My eligibility period goes until march 30th, but I'm not confident right now.. thinking about postponing in, but it's going to cost me some $$..

Well, I've been preparing for almost 8 months... but lately (last 2 months) I'm not studying at all :( I had problems with my ex-girlfriend and we are now trying to go back again... and study = zero.

I was always motivated and studying really hard, but now even If I have time (i'm on vacation) I dont feel like studying at all... I need more motivation... she is supporting me and stuff, but...

Well.. I'm trying to finish Goljan RR Patho book but it's so boring to read it.. it seems that everything is important and it's impossible to memorize... I read and after 30 secs I forgot what I've just read... I'm thinking about using BRS, dont know... or just listen Goljan Audio + FA...

Let's go guys!! Good study for everyone :(
Is goljan tough to read? Can u tel me which would be good choice for path? Cos i have planned to start with goljan in few days time

#24 ·
Same question

I have been wondering the same... I would love to apply for 2013 but I don't know if I have enough time.. One thing I keep telling myself is that I need to be prepare and not worry about if I can apply or not, I need to worry about doing good in step 1.

Good Luck!

#30 ·
actuallly am quite worried..am busy with medical school xam now..have 2 start again from 17th january for step 1.just went through kaplan 1st read and 1 time video.some 1100 qs offline of uworld....will take step 1 in april 2nd..willl have 72 days in hand.plan 2 read FA,do uworld qbank online nd kaplan qbank online....feeling dizzy....do you all think time will be there.??am i on right path??:scared::scared:

#33 ·
em also planning to go through the exam

Hmm,, thats quite encouraging to have u guys here! em also planning to go through the exam at the end of may and em done with first read of kaplan LN n videos except micro. I am doing Goljan patho now,,, Its really a nice work, covering physio, biochem n some of the basic concepts of anatomy along with Patho! Hope I'll be done with it by 15th jan then will start Qbanks n FA along with the second read of Kaplan LN..!!! Lets hope for d best :D

#34 ·
Hmm,, thats quite encouraging to have u guys here! em also planning to go through the exam at the end of may and em done with first read of kaplan LN n videos except micro. I am doing Goljan patho now,,, Its really a nice work, covering physio, biochem n some of the basic concepts of anatomy along with Patho! Hope I'll be done with it by 15th jan then will start Qbanks n FA along with the second read of Kaplan LN..!!! Lets hope for d best :D
do u read the book side by side while listening to goljan audio lectures? Can u give an idea how to go about goljan lectures

#37 ·
introduction

Hello fellow steptakers!
I just reserved a spot, the 31st of march!
It suddenly feels very real and i think i finally know what the panic attack everyone is talking about means!!!

I don't know if i will be able to do my CK in time for this year's match.
I think i can -a little more than 3 months- who knows! :scared:

After finishing BRS patho and physio, and KLNs for the rest of the subjects, i did FA once and am doing it another time now, hopefully will be done with the second read in a couple of weeks...after which i will start with UW :rolleyes:

I used BRS and KLN for understanding FA only.
I would say my focus for the exam is only FA and UW and nothing more. I think it's enough, but who knows.

#41 ·
75 Days till my Exam.... ahhhhh!!!! (March 22nd)... Anyway, bookmarked this thread and will probably be posting an excessive amount given that I just deactivated my facebook (please /slap me when I get annoying)... I hope others will join in. I'm currently using FA, UWorld, Kaplan lectures, DIT, and Goljan... along with watching some old lectures from school to refresh my memory and give myself a little bit of a break. Focusing the most on FA, Goljan, UWorld... Secondly on Kaplan, and lastly on DIT.. although that might change. I already feel overhwhelmed and I am just starting. This is probably due to the fact that I just scheduled my date and am planning to start rotations on March 26th.

GOOD LUCK ALL and please keep posting helpful things... Also, let me know if you have a test date around mine and want to be study buddies... cuz i plan to hardcore this ish... Just to chat and stuff.. pm me if you are interested.

Time to do some Cardio...

Reactions: Dr. Mexito
#42 ·
DIT lectures are useful??

75 Days till my Exam.... ahhhhh!!!! (March 22nd)... Anyway, bookmarked this thread and will probably be posting an excessive amount given that I just deactivated my facebook (please /slap me when I get annoying)... I hope others will join in. I'm currently using FA, UWorld, Kaplan lectures, DIT, and Goljan... along with watching some old lectures from school to refresh my memory and give myself a little bit of a break. Focusing the most on FA, Goljan, UWorld... Secondly on Kaplan, and lastly on DIT.. although that might change. I already feel overhwhelmed and I am just starting. This is probably due to the fact that I just scheduled my date and am planning to start rotations on March 26th.

GOOD LUCK ALL and please keep posting helpful things... Also, let me know if you have a test date around mine and want to be study buddies... cuz i plan to hardcore this ish... Just to chat and stuff.. pm me if you are interested.

Time to do some Cardio...
I was wandering if DIT lectures are useful??? Have you done it side by side with FA or separately????

#46 ·
DIT = Doctors In Training.... It's 15 days of 3 lectures a day (45 lectures) that goes over first aid from cover to cover... it's a good review if you have the discipline to follow it and you don't want to have to go over first aid by yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.