USMLE Forums banner

step 1 score 211

6K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  medstudent115 
#1 ·
hello guys, i just got my step 1 score which is 211. i m feeling disappointed. can i get something with a score like this. please help need advice. what can i do.

#5 ·
IM programs I have interviewed at have complimented that my scores were good. Which I initially thought was odd. Maybe they missed my borderline step1 score.. It's possible they were talking about the jump in CK when they say that it's "good".

So if you have a less than ideal step1, move on. Learn from what you think you did wrong and use the lesson to work for a 250+ NBME and UWSA. More NBMEs = better. Consider the money spent on NBMEs as investment.

#7 ·
I am also trying to get into residency... I took all 3 exams this year.. March for step1, august ck, sept for CS.. I dont have a lot of interviews so I am uncertain if I can match.. Keeping my fingers crossed (hoping & praying)

The entire match is very competitive, one community hosp I interviewed at had 6000 applicants for 10 categoricals.. I did not apply to univ hospitals... Its hard to fit in the criterias even for community hospitals for me.

#9 ·
Cant fit coz of:
1. Year of grad cut off
2. USCE required / must. (I apply if they use the word prefer).
3. Must have 230+ step1 (usually also required by hospitals that have strict YOG cut off)..

Usually those.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.