Diploma Certificate hindering my CS application - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > IMG/FMG Forum > ECFMG Forum

ECFMG Forum Discuss issues about ECFMG application and related IMG questions.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-19-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 76
Threads: 11
Thanked 24 Times in 19 Posts
Reputation: 34
Clock Diploma Certificate hindering my CS application

Hi everyone,

I applied for CS on Jan 12 and it says it is "In process" in OASIS. I am hoping to get an e-mail confirmation soon so that I can take a date prior to May 20. But chances of that are running thin because I still don't have the confirmation and the dates are filling up quickly.

However, my issue is with the diploma certificate. When I applied for Step 1, I had graduated but I didn't still have my diploma certificate. So I sent the letter from college saying just that which they accepted and I gave my Step 1. When I applied for CS I said that I did have a diploma certificate now and was sending it. My question is whether it is because they don't have my diploma certificate photocopy (I said that I was going to have in Dec 2011 in the earlier letter) that is causing this delay? I'm sending that photocopy right away.. but it would still be some days before they process it.. Just want to find out if this is what has caused the delay or did I miss something else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #2  
Old 01-23-2012
LatinGeorge's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 653
Threads: 47
Thanked 409 Times in 249 Posts
Reputation: 419
Default

Takes them around 3 weeks exactly .. my case. Just received my permit like a week ago. So i think you should wait 3 weeks, or simply call them and ask them. If i where you, i would call them. I don't think its because of the diploma.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
ispy (01-23-2012)
  #3  
Old 01-23-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 76
Threads: 11
Thanked 24 Times in 19 Posts
Reputation: 34
Default

Hi LatinGeorge, I agree with you. But it has only been 12 days since I sent my application, so I suppose like you said it will be available by the end of 3 weeks like you said. Also, because I already have the diploma in my hands now, there is no reason for me not to send it. So I fedEx-ed my credentials and it should reach ECFMG in a few days (if that is what is delaying my application)..

Anyways, I wanted to have at least around 45 days between CK and CS for all the visa process and CS prep with my friends. I'm just worried that I may not get a date in May and have to shorten that time. If I can't keep at least 45 days between the two I'm considering giving it after the break. Do you think 45 days is adequate for both visa prep and CS prep? I was advised to keep at least minimum of 45 days by my seniors.. don't know if that's enough..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
  #4  
Old 01-31-2012
LatinGeorge's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 653
Threads: 47
Thanked 409 Times in 249 Posts
Reputation: 419
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ispy View Post
Hi LatinGeorge, I agree with you. But it has only been 12 days since I sent my application, so I suppose like you said it will be available by the end of 3 weeks like you said. Also, because I already have the diploma in my hands now, there is no reason for me not to send it. So I fedEx-ed my credentials and it should reach ECFMG in a few days (if that is what is delaying my application)..

Anyways, I wanted to have at least around 45 days between CK and CS for all the visa process and CS prep with my friends. I'm just worried that I may not get a date in May and have to shorten that time. If I can't keep at least 45 days between the two I'm considering giving it after the break. Do you think 45 days is adequate for both visa prep and CS prep? I was advised to keep at least minimum of 45 days by my seniors.. don't know if that's enough..

hey, you should really research more about the visa, because it takes about 1 month in my country to get a visa appointment. So you should schedule it before you get the permit. Really research more about it. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
ispy (01-31-2012)
  #5  
Old 01-31-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 76
Threads: 11
Thanked 24 Times in 19 Posts
Reputation: 34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatinGeorge View Post
hey, you should really research more about the visa, because it takes about 1 month in my country to get a visa appointment. So you should schedule it before you get the permit. Really research more about it. Good luck!
Hey. Thanks again. I still have not received my confirmation. Tomorrow will the last of the three week period since I submitted my application, so hoping it will come soon. Because it seems like I won't have enough time between CK and CS because the dates in May have now dried up in most places, I am thinking of giving CK in mid April.. that way I'll have the rest of april and all of May for the visa application and will give my CS in June when the test centres reopen.

Does giving the exam earlier than May 20 or later in June have any impact on getting the residency?? Any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 02-01-2012
LatinGeorge's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 653
Threads: 47
Thanked 409 Times in 249 Posts
Reputation: 419
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ispy View Post
Hey. Thanks again. I still have not received my confirmation. Tomorrow will the last of the three week period since I submitted my application, so hoping it will come soon. Because it seems like I won't have enough time between CK and CS because the dates in May have now dried up in most places, I am thinking of giving CK in mid April.. that way I'll have the rest of april and all of May for the visa application and will give my CS in June when the test centres reopen.

Does giving the exam earlier than May 20 or later in June have any impact on getting the residency?? Any ideas?
Let me disagree, there are lots of spots left, you should double check. And many people cancel daily. So check out the schedules, i saw it yesterday, and still lots of spots left, even in philly. Also check out the CS forum for details there are some tricks for getting the date of your choice. Try to do the CS before they change it. Good Luck, if you don't ... i don't think the changes will be that dramatic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
ispy (02-01-2012)
  #7  
Old 02-01-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 76
Threads: 11
Thanked 24 Times in 19 Posts
Reputation: 34
Default

Thank you again. I will definitely take your advice under consideration. Good luck to you as well!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



Reply

Tags
ECFMG-Registration

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IMG Residency Application; To Apply or Not? What is the last date for application? StepTaker IMG Residency Match Forum 43 02-17-2015 10:07 PM
step 1 application rejected bcoz name @ medical diploma does not match same as in my application marrium ECFMG Forum 3 06-10-2014 06:25 AM
Application rejected (sample medical diploma wanted) should I re-apply? moath ECFMG Forum 4 09-17-2011 03:57 AM
On-line application mistake...medical diploma name jahfuhmeh ECFMG Forum 3 05-10-2011 05:33 AM
Cardboard Hard Copy Diploma or Paper Diploma? kemoo ECFMG Forum 1 04-06-2011 12:25 PM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)