credential verification - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > IMG/FMG Forum > ECFMG Forum

ECFMG Forum Discuss issues about ECFMG application and related IMG questions.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-16-2016
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 14
Threads: 6
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default credential verification

hi,
I am an IMG. I want to get my credentials verified . Can I know the process of how to do it ? what is the EPIC portal in ECFMG site ? Should we apply through it for credential verification ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #2  
Old 04-17-2016
Guest
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 301
Threads: 5
Thanked 228 Times in 127 Posts
Reputation: 240
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepthi kt View Post
hi,
I am an IMG. I want to get my credentials verified . Can I know the process of how to do it ? what is the EPIC portal in ECFMG site ? Should we apply through it for credential verification ?
ECFMG esentially verifies international graduates credentials (medical diploma) through EPIC (electronic portfolio of international credentials). EPIC is a part of ECFMG. Once you get your medical degree, you have to send it to ECFMG along with copies of form 345 and a photograph (this is how you begin the process of credentials verification). Once ECFMG recieves your degree, they will send a request to your medical college (either via ECMFG medical school web portal which uses an online account designated to your college to send your diploma, form 327-A to verify that are a graduate of the college and upload your final transcript. If your college does not participate in the online web portal, ECFMG will send the documents by postal mail which obviously takes a lot of time). Once your college verifies your degree and sends your transcript, it will be processed by ECFMG (primary source verification) and finally your credentials are verified. The process can take anywhere from 1.5 to 3 months (depending on whether or not your college particpates in the web portal and how fast your college responds to the request). You can check the status of the credentials in OASIS, and when is says "medical education credentials recieved and verified" you are done with the process.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
chanduM (01-28-2017), Deepthi kt (04-17-2016)
  #3  
Old 04-17-2016
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 14
Threads: 6
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrp View Post
ECFMG esentially verifies international graduates credentials (medical diploma) through EPIC (electronic portfolio of international credentials). EPIC is a part of ECFMG. Once you get your medical degree, you have to send it to ECFMG along with copies of form 345 and a photograph (this is how you begin the process of credentials verification). Once ECFMG recieves your degree, they will send a request to your medical college (either via ECMFG medical school web portal which uses an online account designated to your college to send your diploma, form 327-A to verify that are a graduate of the college and upload your final transcript. If your college does not participate in the online web portal, ECFMG will send the documents by postal mail which obviously takes a lot of time). Once your college verifies your degree and sends your transcript, it will be processed by ECFMG (primary source verification) and finally your credentials are verified. The process can take anywhere from 1.5 to 3 months (depending on whether or not your college particpates in the web portal and how fast your college responds to the request). You can check the status of the credentials in OASIS, and when is says "medical education credentials recieved and verified" you are done with the process.

Thanks a lot for your valuable reply. So, should we first get registered in EPIC ? Or can we directly send the medical diploma along with form 345 to ecfmg ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
  #4  
Old 04-17-2016
Guest
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 301
Threads: 5
Thanked 228 Times in 127 Posts
Reputation: 240
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepthi kt View Post
Thanks a lot for your valuable reply. So, should we first get registered in EPIC ? Or can we directly send the medical diploma along with form 345 to ecfmg ?
No need to be registered with EPIC. If you have a USMLE/ECFMG ID number, just send photocopies of diploma (with your ID written), 2 copies of form 345 and photograph and ECFMG will start the process of verification.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Deepthi kt (04-17-2016)
  #5  
Old 04-21-2016
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 3
Threads: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default

Hi dsrp,
If the oasis shows the medical credentials complete and varified, what else documentation is required before sept 15 to make ready?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
details regarding credential verification mouna gunda USMLE Step 1 Forum 0 07-14-2015 09:05 AM
credential verification ssomi ECFMG Forum 0 02-21-2014 06:56 AM
Time taken for credential verification. DNA 105 ECFMG Forum 11 12-01-2013 03:58 AM
credential verification sandy282 ECFMG Forum 6 03-05-2013 06:44 AM
Pending credential verification abi_aaa IMG Residency Match Forum 4 10-07-2010 08:50 PM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)