Form 186 Notary Public Outside My Country! - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > IMG/FMG Forum > ECFMG Forum

ECFMG Forum Discuss issues about ECFMG application and related IMG questions.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-16-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 36
Threads: 13
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Reputation: 12
Form Form 186 Notary Public Outside My Country!

hi,
am in the u.s. presently and am applying for step 1. i am about to send my forms to my school in india. i read somewhere tat if u r in d u.s. u shud have it signed by notary and also by school. is tat true? i dont remember the clause in the application.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #2  
Old 09-16-2012
venky2600's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,186
Threads: 119
Thanked 815 Times in 434 Posts
Reputation: 825
Send a message via Yahoo to venky2600
Post

no, it won't be like that....if your college participate in EMSWP then you can sign it by either notary or your school principal

if your university not participate in EMSWP than you have to sign prior by notary and again by your school principal

i think if you didnt have such kind of clause in your form..your school participate in EMSWP...if it ,then it's your choice that you can either print the form of notary alone (or) print the form of school principal alone....it depends on you...
i hope it understands.....good luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
crackmle (09-16-2012)
  #3  
Old 09-16-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 36
Threads: 13
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Reputation: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by venky2600 View Post
no, it won't be like that....if your college participate in EMSWP then you can sign it by either notary or your school principal

if your university not participate in EMSWP than you have to sign prior by notary and again by your school principal

i think if you didnt have such kind of clause in your form..your school participate in EMSWP...if it ,then it's your choice that you can either print the form of notary alone (or) print the form of school principal alone....it depends on you...
i hope it understands.....good luck
thanks so much! i have one more question. suppose i get it signed by notary, can i just send all the forms by myself and no thru med school?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 09-16-2012
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 674
Threads: 264
Thanked 959 Times in 393 Posts
Reputation: 969
Send a message via Yahoo to ricko335
Default

i got my documents notarized and send it by myself. Only if the school authenticates ur documents, den the school should send it and u cant. If ur school participates in EMSWP ur school should get a mail from ECFMG and d school den verifies it online dats how it was in my case or else the school sends a set of transcripts requested by ecfmg by mail and if ur frm a govt med school or any school make sure u r on dem cos u might face a lot of delays, hope it helps

Last edited by ricko335; 09-16-2012 at 12:32 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
crackmle (09-16-2012)
  #5  
Old 09-16-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 36
Threads: 13
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Reputation: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricko335 View Post
i got my documents notarized and send it by myself. Only if ur school authenticates ur documents, den only ur school should send it and if ur school participates in EMSWP ur school should get a mail from ECFMG and d school den verifies it online dats how it was in my case , hope it helps
thanks so much for the response. and that means u dint send any documents to school at all? just got notarised and sent it urself? and the ecfmg will mail u directly than the school?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 09-16-2012
venky2600's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,186
Threads: 119
Thanked 815 Times in 434 Posts
Reputation: 825
Send a message via Yahoo to venky2600
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackmle View Post
thanks so much for the response. and that means u dint send any documents to school at all? just got notarised and sent it urself? and the ecfmg will mail u directly than the school?
ya myself too didnt sent any copies to school..directly posted to ecfmg after notary(but be sure abt notary..i mean signs,dates and all other stuff..they will be very particular)

thereafter ecfmg will mail you that we received and accepted 186 form(takes time of 2-3wks).......and send a form 327-a and identification form to your college to verify abt your study and grades in your school(it will take time if your school is unresponsive......mine still waiting here till 2 months)

but, if your school participate in EMSWP ..your school must accept abt your status by online to get schedule permit......so after form 186 verified.keep in touch with your college for status verification...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
crackmle (09-16-2012)
  #7  
Old 09-16-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 36
Threads: 13
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Reputation: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by venky2600 View Post
ya myself too didnt sent any copies to school..directly posted to ecfmg after notary(but be sure abt notary..i mean signs,dates and all other stuff..they will be very particular)

thereafter ecfmg will mail you that we received and accepted 186 form(takes time of 2-3wks).......and send a form 327-a and identification form to your college to verify abt your study and grades in your school(it will take time if your school is unresponsive......mine still waiting here till 2 months)

but, if your school participate in EMSWP ..your school must accept abt your status by online to get schedule permit......so after form 186 verified.keep in touch with your college for status verification...
thanks a lot! jus one more ques, if i print form 186 that applies to school, is there any way i can go back again and change it to notary?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 09-16-2012
venky2600's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,186
Threads: 119
Thanked 815 Times in 434 Posts
Reputation: 825
Send a message via Yahoo to venky2600
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackmle View Post
thanks a lot! jus one more ques, if i print form 186 that applies to school, is there any way i can go back again and change it to notary?
yes, you can print as many times and as many copies you want of notary or med school....it'll be for 15 days.....so better if you take an extra 2-3 copies of each of them with you..so that you might change your decision..
you can go with any of them until you post them to ecfmg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
crackmle (09-16-2012)
  #9  
Old 09-16-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 36
Threads: 13
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Reputation: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by venky2600 View Post
yes, you can print as many times and as many copies you want of notary or med school....it'll be for 15 days.....so better if you take an extra 2-3 copies of each of them with you..so that you might change your decision..
you can go with any of them until you post them to ecfmg
thanks a lot once again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



Reply

Tags
ECFMG-Forms, Notary-Public-

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Form 186 issue (notary public) USMLE-Syndrome ECFMG Forum 23 02-10-2016 06:45 AM
Notary Public Seal in Form 186 niku ECFMG Forum 5 03-13-2015 10:59 AM
ECFMG Form 186; What is Notary Public Title? venky2600 ECFMG Forum 2 05-08-2012 12:12 AM
Which notary public to sign form 186? octavio71 ECFMG Forum 1 02-19-2012 08:15 AM
Form 186 and authorization by a Notary Public Isabella ECFMG Forum 5 07-19-2010 02:05 PM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)