Will not take the exam and will miss my eligibility period - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > IMG/FMG Forum > ECFMG Forum

ECFMG Forum Discuss issues about ECFMG application and related IMG questions.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-28-2010
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 26
Threads: 9
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Registration Will not take the exam and will miss my eligibility period

hey!!
i have got this really terrible and confusing problem... please help me out..here it is..i was supposed to take my step 1 in october to december 2010 for which i have submitted the form and examination fees and all ..and will get my scheduling permit any time soon..but the thing is due to certain unavoidable circumstances i wont be able to take the exam till march 2011..and as i will graduate in january 2011 i guess i have to refill the forms again and go through the entire procedure again...here are my questions..
1) what happens to the examination fees that i have already deposited?will it go waste as i reapply?
2) when i reapply next time do i need to obtain a new registration number or am i supposed to use my existing number?
3) will this time,when i got d scheduling date and everything but did not take the exam,be counted as an attempt?
please reply...thanks a lot..!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #2  
Old 09-29-2010
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 742
Threads: 137
Thanked 2,461 Times in 441 Posts
Reputation: 2564
Arrow Three answers to your three questions

1) Yes, all the money that you paid for the initial will be gone and you will have to repay the full amount again.

2) No, you use your same USMLE ID and IWA account

3) No, it won't be counted as an attempt. If you don't show up at the Prometric center it won't be counted as an attempt and even it won't be noted as "did not show up", nothing will happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
poonam31785 (09-29-2010)
  #3  
Old 10-01-2010
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 26
Threads: 9
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

hey am sorry to bother again but what if a form gets rejected and i miss my eligibility period too for the exam..then do my examination fees still go waste as i again send the form for the same exam (beyond my eligibility period)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
  #4  
Old 10-01-2010
Ex-USMLE Forums Staff
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 753
Threads: 106
Thanked 2,196 Times in 465 Posts
Reputation: 2244
Default Did you get your scheduling permit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by poonam31785 View Post
hey am sorry to bother again but what if a form gets rejected and i miss my eligibility period too for the exam..then do my examination fees still go waste as i again send the form for the same exam (beyond my eligibility period)?
If you did not get your scheduling permit for reasons of credentials verification or form approval ...etc then you did not get your eligibility period at first place and so then you can contact them and ask them to set a new eligibility period for you. This way you won't be losing your money.

But, if you got the scheduling permit already with it's eligibility period then there's no choice for you other than paying the whole fees again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
poonam31785 (10-01-2010)
  #5  
Old 11-13-2010
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 26
Threads: 9
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

hi...I was supposed to take my step 1 in the slot October to December 2010 but I cannot. So I know that I can shift my slot to the next slot that is January to March 2011.

But I have this question; I am graduating in January 2011 and I have applied for step 1 as a student. So I wanted to know if I shift my slot and decide to take the exam somewhere in February or March 2011, then can I take the exam or do I need to reapply as I will graduate?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 11-13-2010
Ex-USMLE Forums Staff
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 753
Threads: 106
Thanked 2,196 Times in 465 Posts
Reputation: 2244
Default Extend now and then later act

Quote:
Originally Posted by poonam31785 View Post
hi...I was supposed to take my step 1 in the slot October to December 2010 but I cannot. So I know that I can shift my slot to the next slot that is January to March 2011.

But I have this question; I am graduating in January 2011 and I have applied for step 1 as a student. So I wanted to know if I shift my slot and decide to take the exam somewhere in February or March 2011, then can I take the exam or do I need to reapply as I will graduate?
Extend your eligibility period to Jan-Mar now (while still student).
When you get your Diploma, send the ECFMG your papers telling them that you status has changed. Most probably they'll keep for the same eligibility period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 11-13-2010
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 26
Threads: 9
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee-usmle View Post
Extend your eligibility period to Jan-Mar now (while still student).
When you get your Diploma, send the ECFMG your papers telling them that you status has changed. Most probably they'll keep for the same eligibility period.
thanks a lot for the prompt reply lee...so according to you if i reschedule my exam for the next step while still being a student then i can take my exam,irrespective of the change in my status to graduate?

and i have one more query.what if my marital status changes and i move abroad say in december 2010 or january 2011 then will that pose any problem for me in taking the exam in the slot january-march 2011?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 11-13-2010
Ex-USMLE Forums Staff
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 753
Threads: 106
Thanked 2,196 Times in 465 Posts
Reputation: 2244
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by poonam31785 View Post
thanks a lot for the prompt reply lee...so according to you if i reschedule my exam for the next step while still being a student then i can take my exam,irrespective of the change in my status to graduate?

and i have one more query.what if my marital status changes and i move abroad say in december 2010 or january 2011 then will that pose any problem for me in taking the exam in the slot january-march 2011?
You should have no problems for both of your questions
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 11-13-2010
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 26
Threads: 9
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

can you also please tell me how much fees do i need to pay for shifting my slot to the next slot that is January to march 2011?and if I change my center to take the exam to a different country all together will that also be requiring some fees?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 11-13-2010
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 26
Threads: 9
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by poonam31785 View Post
thanks a lot for the prompt reply lee...so according to you if i reschedule my exam for the next step while still being a student then i can take my exam,irrespective of the change in my status to graduate?

and i have one more query.what if my marital status changes and i move abroad say in december 2010 or january 2011 then will that pose any problem for me in taking the exam in the slot january-march 2011?
hi!! i went to the usmle site to reschedule my slot. there they have given a notification that to shift my eligibility period to the next slot that is January to march 2011 I should furnish all the required documents if any and my application for the change in slot so that everything can be processed by January 25th 2011. If it takes more time then this date in processing there verifications, then my application would be rejected. So I wanted to know how long generally they take to process the complete thing?. In my case as I will graduate in January 2011, my surname would be changing and most probably my residential address too, then what all documents am supposed to submit to the ECFMG and how long will they take to process everything to accept my application?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #11  
Old 11-15-2010
Ex-USMLE Forums Staff
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 753
Threads: 106
Thanked 2,196 Times in 465 Posts
Reputation: 2244
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by poonam31785 View Post
hi!! i went to the usmle site to reschedule my slot. there they have given a notification that to shift my eligibility period to the next slot that is January to march 2011 I should furnish all the required documents if any and my application for the change in slot so that everything can be processed by January 25th 2011. If it takes more time then this date in processing there verifications, then my application would be rejected. So I wanted to know how long generally they take to process the complete thing?. In my case as I will graduate in January 2011, my surname would be changing and most probably my residential address too, then what all documents am supposed to submit to the ECFMG and how long will they take to process everything to accept my application?
The documents you need to send to them is the Diploma and they'll contact your college to get the transcript and other forms filled.
This process takes anywhere between few days and several months. It depends on your college and how fast in response and how long the mail takes and several other factors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



Reply

Tags
ECFMG-Registration, Eligibility-Period

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Extension Of Eligibility Period ayash ECFMG Forum 9 07-20-2012 04:30 AM
How do I change my Eligibility Period? Bella ECFMG Forum 5 10-03-2010 09:01 AM
2011 Eligibility Period? MDCRUZ ECFMG Forum 11 08-18-2010 05:37 PM
How soon we can schedule the eligibility period? drkaruppiaharun ECFMG Forum 2 04-03-2010 07:21 PM
Changing Eligibility Period DrJaY ECFMG Forum 3 03-02-2010 06:55 AM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)