With-holding score report from medical school - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > IMG/FMG Forum > ECFMG Forum

ECFMG Forum Discuss issues about ECFMG application and related IMG questions.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-13-2010
Haisook's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 752
Threads: 124
Thanked 614 Times in 265 Posts
Reputation: 634
Exam-Results With-holding score report from medical school

I recall I'd seen that option "With-hold your score report from your medical school" in my IWA or OASIS panel, but I can't find it now in either of them. I took my Step 1 exam a couple of days ago.

First off, what does this choice imply? Any advantages or disadvantages?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #2  
Old 11-13-2010
Ex-USMLE Forums Staff
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 753
Threads: 106
Thanked 2,183 Times in 464 Posts
Reputation: 2231
Default

If you don't want your USMLE score to be revealed to you medical school you can opt for that option.

I don't see any advantage in it. It's just a matter of privacy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 01-15-2011
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 512
Threads: 57
Thanked 318 Times in 163 Posts
Reputation: 328
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haisook View Post
I recall I'd seen that option "With-hold your score report from your medical school" in my IWA or OASIS panel, but I can't find it now in either of them. I took my Step 1 exam a couple of days ago.

First off, what does this choice imply? Any advantages or disadvantages?

Thanks.
It may be an old thread but if you remember

did you accept to With-hold your score report from your medical school
were you student at the time of your examination
If yes,was your student status reverified from your school during the release of your score?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
  #4  
Old 01-15-2011
Haisook's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 752
Threads: 124
Thanked 614 Times in 265 Posts
Reputation: 634
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmle2011 View Post
It may be an old thread but if you remember

did you accept to With-hold your score report from your medical school
were you student at the time of your examination
If yes,was your student status reverified from your school during the release of your score?

Thanks.
As I said I did not choose this option, so according to the ECFMG, my medical school has received my score report. I have no idea if that actually happened or if there's any background re-verification. Yes, I was and still am a student. I recently sent a 183 form for Step 2 CK application; it has been received by ECFMG and I'm awaiting acceptance.

Why are you asking about that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
usmle2011 (01-15-2011)
  #5  
Old 01-15-2011
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 512
Threads: 57
Thanked 318 Times in 163 Posts
Reputation: 328
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haisook View Post
As I said I did not choose this option, so according to the ECFMG, my medical school has received my score report. I have no idea if that actually happened or if there's any background re-verification. Yes, I was and still am a student. I recently sent a 183 form for Step 2 CK application; it has been received by ECFMG and I'm awaiting acceptance.

Why are you asking about that?
Thanx for the reply
Sorry for not being precise.
I asked you this because While reading around in the forum i came around a thread which says that the ecfmg needs to make sure that you're still a student both when you submit your application AND at the time of your exam. Therefore they send a verification form to school to confirm enrollment as a student at the time of my exam and they need to receive verification from school so they can release my score.
I am giving the link to this discussion
Took step 1 on the 25th Aug and no score

If this is the case it would have happened in your case also?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 01-15-2011
Haisook's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 752
Threads: 124
Thanked 614 Times in 265 Posts
Reputation: 634
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmle2011 View Post
Thanx for the reply
Sorry for not being precise.
I asked you this because While reading around in the forum i came around a thread which says that the ecfmg needs to make sure that you're still a student both when you submit your application AND at the time of your exam. Therefore they send a verification form to school to confirm enrollment as a student at the time of my exam and they need to receive verification from school so they can release my score.
I am giving the link to this discussion
Took step 1 on the 25th Aug and no score

If this is the case it would have happened in your case also?
I don't think that this is true. Why would the ECFMG care if you're still a student when you receive the score? What if you've become a graduate? You wouldn't get your score?! Of course not. All that matters is that you were a student when you took the exam.

In my case, I received the score exactly after 3 weeks from taking the exam, and I don't think ECFMG could have contacted the school in this short period of time, as it would take at least 2 weeks for letters to reach my school and back to ECFMG, not to mention that my school would take AGES to reply to the letter. It's impossible that it would happen in 3 weeks.

That guy who waited for months for his score is a very unusual case. There must have been some serious problems/irregularities in his application.

Are you waiting for your score report?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
usmle2011 (01-15-2011)
  #7  
Old 01-15-2011
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 512
Threads: 57
Thanked 318 Times in 163 Posts
Reputation: 328
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haisook View Post
I don't think that this is true. Why would the ECFMG care if you're still a student when you receive the score? What if you've become a graduate? You wouldn't get your score?! Of course not. All that matters is that you were a student when you took the exam.

In my case, I received the score exactly after 3 weeks from taking the exam, and I don't think ECFMG could have contacted the school in this short period of time, as it would take at least 2 weeks for letters to reach my school and back to ECFMG, not to mention that my school would take AGES to reply to the letter. It's impossible that it would happen in 3 weeks.

That guy who waited for months for his score is a very unusual case. There must have been some serious problems/irregularities in his application.

Are you waiting for your score report?
Thanks for the prompt reply.
No, i havent taken the exam yet.
Actually i enquired this because just after my step i will be in US for my electives so in case they send my school the verification form i wont be there and it will be taking years to again reverify them in absence.
The above case just made my mind to delay my elective,because there are 2 people in that discussion who went through the same dilemma.
May be this case happens in some testing regions.In the above case its was in china.

anyways thanx for the comment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



Reply

Tags
Exam-Results

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Step 1 score report error? vvinodbabu General Topics Forum 22 09-06-2011 10:54 AM
Can't Assign Medical School Transcript! 3TTah IMG Residency Match Forum 2 09-03-2010 08:42 AM
OASIS account score report sharvaree19 General Topics Forum 2 09-02-2010 10:55 AM
Transfer credit & different credits between 2 medical school sona ECFMG Forum 2 05-24-2010 05:38 AM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)