Matched after 14 years - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > General Topics Forum

General Topics Forum Useful USMLE preparation and exam taking discussion, guides, resources, ads, services, problems, and more


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-22-2014
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 236
Threads: 12
Thanked 194 Times in 98 Posts
Reputation: 206
Smile Matched after 14 years

Hi All,I am logging into this forum after a long time. Actually I matched this year, and as expected internship is pretty hectic,thats the reason I could not write earlier. and may be wont be able to come on forum after this for a while. I wanted to thank this forum for all the motivation and help throughout my USMLE journey.
I had ups and downs and when I did not match for first time I felt very sad,but naturally,but at that time I felt that i will never make it. I had no one known in the system and had almost given up, had rising loan because of my stay in US...and on my first match failure,I was doing externship,extremely depressed and sad....but thought of doing my best in that situation with lot of inspiration from my wife and daughter.....spent lot of time preparing articles for presentation,being proactive,but always thinking that i wont make it as I dont know anyone, lot of co-externs had joined externship through faculties recommendations and only 5 seats for externs out of total 60 externs a year.....but I was wrong, US is a country which sees hard work/talent.....to my surprise on 17 March I got the result of being matched.
I dont have fairy tale stories to tell,dont have any guidance material , but would like to encourage everyone that its always possible if you work hard and not give up.,....so Good luck to you all in your endeavors
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
caro_t (08-07-2015), Diamond Beckwith (01-16-2015), Dr. Pap (02-05-2015), drmoth (12-30-2014), drsatya111 (01-18-2015), MedicalExaminer (07-24-2015), neurodome (08-06-2015), OldIMGmom (2 Weeks Ago), Peds_res (01-21-2015), roopa.loveurlife (07-24-2015), usmlerun (12-30-2014), Wisconsin (12-23-2014)



  #2  
Old 12-30-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 65
Threads: 7
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Reputation: 22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc.mav View Post
Hi All,I am logging into this forum after a long time. Actually I matched this year, and as expected internship is pretty hectic,thats the reason I could not write earlier. and may be wont be able to come on forum after this for a while. I wanted to thank this forum for all the motivation and help throughout my USMLE journey.
I had ups and downs and when I did not match for first time I felt very sad,but naturally,but at that time I felt that i will never make it. I had no one known in the system and had almost given up, had rising loan because of my stay in US...and on my first match failure,I was doing externship,extremely depressed and sad....but thought of doing my best in that situation with lot of inspiration from my wife and daughter.....spent lot of time preparing articles for presentation,being proactive,but always thinking that i wont make it as I dont know anyone, lot of co-externs had joined externship through faculties recommendations and only 5 seats for externs out of total 60 externs a year.....but I was wrong, US is a country which sees hard work/talent.....to my surprise on 17 March I got the result of being matched.
I dont have fairy tale stories to tell,dont have any guidance material , but would like to encourage everyone that its always possible if you work hard and not give up.,....so Good luck to you all in your endeavors
First of all congratulations!! Can you plz give us an idea about ur scores and what specialty did u match in?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 01-16-2015
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 236
Threads: 12
Thanked 194 Times in 98 Posts
Reputation: 206
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmoth View Post
First of all congratulations!! Can you plz give us an idea about ur scores and what specialty did u match in?
drmoth my step1 score was 223,step2 was 242 and step3 was 239 and step 2cs cleared all in one attempt. I matched to Internal medicine program.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
  #4  
Old 01-16-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 65
Threads: 7
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Reputation: 22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc.mav View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmoth View Post
First of all congratulations!! Can you plz give us an idea about ur scores and what specialty did u match in?
drmoth my step1 score was 223,step2 was 242 and step3 was 239 and step 2cs cleared all in one attempt. I matched to Internal medicine program.

Did u have anything else unique in ur application? Did u have any reseach experience? And how long USCE did u have?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 01-16-2015
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 236
Threads: 12
Thanked 194 Times in 98 Posts
Reputation: 206
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmoth View Post
Did u have anything else unique in ur application? Did u have any reseach experience? And how long USCE did u have?
No research experience....I had 3 months of externship in ACGME recognized IM program, 2 months externship in IM clinic and one month of observership in NCI recognized institute in heme Onc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 01-16-2015
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 236
Threads: 12
Thanked 194 Times in 98 Posts
Reputation: 206
Default

.......and below is the link of my first post in this forum....there was another doctor 1999 grad in the below link who matched a year earlier than me,but he did not require a visa,I did
12 Years since graduation, do I have a chance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
sindhi00 (07-24-2015)
  #7  
Old 07-24-2015
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 5
Threads: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Reputation: 11
Default old grad

Hello, Old graduate in 1999, worked here and there in my country. passed step1, 2 CSA scores<200 first attempt ecfmg certified in sep 2004. Passed step 3 score< 200 4 attmepts Came to US in 2007. Worked 3 years in clinic as medical assistant and extern. Went to physician assistant program and working as physician assistant certified for 2 years Licensed in Texas what are my chnace if I just apply or I reappaer in all steps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Matched! Thank you! OTAV IMG Residency Match Forum 3 04-02-2016 10:07 AM
Any IMG matched to Univ IM program with YOG > 5 years? IMlover IMG Residency Match Forum 2 03-27-2014 09:35 AM
NOT Matched !.. welcome here.. keep it up ! LU DA IMG Residency Match Forum 2 03-20-2014 05:56 PM
Crossing the three years postgrad years titan25 IMG Residency Match Forum 6 10-29-2013 05:55 AM
Pre Matched Vs Matched . . silakan_isi IMG Residency Match Forum 1 06-01-2010 10:10 AM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)