Hi all.. I'd like to make a comparison of cases faced with those studying in other institutes/universities (anywhere in the world).
I'm an intern in the surgical-oncology department this week and I see many extreme cases, a few of which are listed below:
- breast cancer T4c N1 Mx (when i say T4c there's this smelly ulcerating nipple with whitish + bloody discharge)
- breast cancer with mets to the spine and now symptoms of LBP
- thyroid tumor toxic/non toxic benign/malignant
- parotid tumor benign/malignant
- lymphoma with differential diagnosis of HL (we can't say for sure its HL till the lab results are out, which takes a day)
- grawitz tumor
- TCC of the bladder
- SCC of the penis !! (you have had to see this to believe it!! the ptt tried some traditional medicine which was said to work like silicon to mk his penis bigger. for about 6mths he was happy with the results. later he started feeling pain but was too embarrassed to see anyone about it. and yet he was very eager to see someone to mk it bigger. then 6 mths later his penis had retractions off n on. it went into his suprapubic area from the shaft on its on. but since he could pull it back out, he saw no reason to see a doctor. 1 year passed, and now he stopped pulling it out so often, finally, it became fibrotic and now its stuck in his suprapubic area. 1 year passed he thought he was ok without having anymore intercourse. his age 47!!!!!!!!! sigh.... now he decides to meet with a doctor because his wife is unhappy. DUH!! his penis is now only 1 1/2 inches long (u can only see the glans n a tiny bit under the preputium area) and madly fibrotic and scarred. the only treatment...... IT HAS TO GO!! i mean ppl seriously... do we really need bigger gadgets and unnecessary reconstructive surgeries. of course this wasnt really silicon, it was some scary traditional med.. but u know what i mean.
on another note.... i havent seen many cases of early thyroid, parotid or breast cancer cases. most ppl here come in at very late stages.
anyone wanna share interesting oncology cases?
i have some interesting urology cases too. struvite stones tht literally look like 2 beautiful trees on both kidneys viewed in normal KUB x-ray WITHOUT contrast. no need for IVP here!!!!
perhaps we could start a new thread to discuss urology cases.