Uploading LOR by me self?? - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > IMG Residency Match Forum

IMG Residency Match Forum International Medical Graduates (IMGs) discussing the residency matching process.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-25-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: CK Only
Posts: 55
Threads: 7
Thanked 25 Times in 17 Posts
Reputation: 35
Default Uploading LOR by me self??

Hey,

I have two non-US LOR from my home country, how I can upload them?

Do I have to go to MyERSA then to write my author details , afterthat that I click on Print Letter Request Form, then I use the letter ID in the form and I go to the LOR portal, sign in by my user name and upload the letter by my self using the Letter ID I have ??

is this the correct way to do it ???

Thnaks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message


  #2  
Old 08-25-2014
Guest
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 301
Threads: 5
Thanked 233 Times in 127 Posts
Reputation: 245
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by one11 View Post
Hey,

I have two non-US LOR from my home country, how I can upload them?

Do I have to go to MyERSA then to write my author details , afterthat that I click on Print Letter Request Form, then I use the letter ID in the form and I go to the LOR portal, sign in by my user name and upload the letter by my self using the Letter ID I have ??

is this the correct way to do it ???

Thnaks
If you are uploading the LoR by yourself ( I am assuming you have not waived the right and have read the LoR from your post) you directly have to submit the LoR via LoRP. The procedure you have mentioned is when you waived your rights to look at the LoR ( you have no idea of the content of the letter) and you give the Letter Request Form to the LoR author who uploads the letter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 08-25-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: CK Only
Posts: 55
Threads: 7
Thanked 25 Times in 17 Posts
Reputation: 35
Default

Thanks man

but when I try to upload the letter in the portal via " Add new LOR" button, it asks for letter ID in the request form.

the steps are mentioned like this :
To upload a letter using the LoR Portal:
You will need the Letter ID from Letter Request Form provided to you by the applicant
Click “+ Add New LoR”
Follow the steps in the wizard

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
  #4  
Old 08-25-2014
Step-step's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 309
Threads: 19
Thanked 117 Times in 85 Posts
Reputation: 127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by one11 View Post
Thanks man

but when I try to upload the letter in the portal via " Add new LOR" button, it asks for letter ID in the request form.

the steps are mentioned like this :
To upload a letter using the LoR Portal:
You will need the Letter ID from Letter Request Form provided to you by the applicant
Click “+ Add New LoR”
Follow the steps in the wizard

Thanks.
Yes, thats because you haven't finalized them in the ERAS it self by clicking on the "LOR" tab and putting in the necessary information such as author name, author title, specialty.

After filling in that information and "finalizing" the LOR, ERAS will generate a letter ID that you will need for the LOR portal.

Hope this helped.
__________________
Step 1 | Step 2 CS | Step 2 CK | ECFMG Certified: | YOG 2014
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 08-25-2014
Guest
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 301
Threads: 5
Thanked 233 Times in 127 Posts
Reputation: 245
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Step-step View Post
Yes, thats because you haven't finalized them in the ERAS it self by clicking on the "LOR" tab and putting in the necessary information such as author name, author title, specialty.

After filling in that information and "finalizing" the LOR, ERAS will generate a letter ID that you will need for the LOR portal.

Hope this helped.
Okay now I'm confused as well. We need a letter request form even for unwaived LoRs? I thought only waived ones require the letter request form to be submitted to the letter author.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 08-25-2014
Step-step's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 309
Threads: 19
Thanked 117 Times in 85 Posts
Reputation: 127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durisetister View Post
Okay now I'm confused as well. We need a letter request form even for unwaived LoRs? I thought only waived ones require the letter request form to be submitted to the letter author.
Alright let me see if i can make this any more simpler by using images.

This process generates the "LETTER ID" which you then use in the LOR portal.
Attached Thumbnails
Uploading LOR by me self??-2014-08-25-19_29_51.png   Uploading LOR by me self??-2014-08-25-19_30_33.png   Uploading LOR by me self??-2014-08-25-19_30_58.png  
__________________
Step 1 | Step 2 CS | Step 2 CK | ECFMG Certified: | YOG 2014
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
dsrp (08-25-2014)
  #7  
Old 08-25-2014
Step-step's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 309
Threads: 19
Thanked 117 Times in 85 Posts
Reputation: 127
Default

forgot to mention... you'd obviously click "no" to waiving your right part, since you're uploading it yourself.
__________________
Step 1 | Step 2 CS | Step 2 CK | ECFMG Certified: | YOG 2014
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LOR uploading timeline Xaquake IMG Residency Match Forum 3 08-18-2014 10:51 AM
Uploading a LoR by Yourself Dyke IMG Residency Match Forum 5 09-07-2012 05:59 AM
Uploading Scanned LoR Q? struggle IMG Residency Match Forum 3 08-13-2012 08:35 PM
uploading LoR jiyamirza87 IMG Residency Match Forum 1 08-08-2012 11:56 AM
LoR Uploading Problem drtad IMG Residency Match Forum 3 08-06-2012 12:44 PM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)