Official help me rank these IM programs thread - Page 2 - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > IMG Residency Match Forum

IMG Residency Match Forum International Medical Graduates (IMGs) discussing the residency matching process.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #101  
Old 02-13-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 33
Threads: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Reputation: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmedmed View Post
How would you rank these please ?

Harbor hospital Baltimore

St.Joseph hospital Chicago

Faivrview hospital Cleveland

All IM .. you input is highly appreciated.

Thank you
I've only heard of harbor and hear it's a solid hospital.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #102  
Old 02-13-2015
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 2
Threads: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default Which program to rank higher

Hi everyone, I am interested in a cardio/pulmcrit fellowship.

Which program should I rank higher between Univ of Missouri-Kansas City and MedStar Washington Hospital Center. Any specific reasons?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #103  
Old 02-14-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 14
Threads: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Reputation: 14
Default

Would you rank University of Maryland Midtown Campus or SUNY Downstate higher? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #104  
Old 02-14-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 21
Threads: 5
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Reputation: 18
Default

How would you rank these three: Greater Baltimore, UPMC mercy and St Joseph Mercy Oakland . all IM categorical
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #105  
Old 02-14-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 33
Threads: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Reputation: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceftaroline View Post
Hi everyone, I am interested in a cardio/pulmcrit fellowship.

Which program should I rank higher between Univ of Missouri-Kansas City and MedStar Washington Hospital Center. Any specific reasons?
I liked Medstar wash a lot when I interviewed there, didn't go to UMKC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #106  
Old 02-14-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 33
Threads: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Reputation: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagopalm View Post
Would you rank University of Maryland Midtown Campus or SUNY Downstate higher? Thanks!
My buddy went to univ of maryland midtown and liked it a lot, I didn't interview there.

Downstate was probably 1 of the worst interview experiences I've had on the trail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #107  
Old 02-14-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 33
Threads: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Reputation: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epicandprivate View Post
How would you rank these three: Greater Baltimore, UPMC mercy and St Joseph Mercy Oakland . all IM categorical
I went to UPMC Mercy and thought it was solid. PD seemed very prideful of his program. Didn't go to the others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #108  
Old 02-16-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 14
Threads: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Reputation: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inderoll View Post
My buddy went to univ of maryland midtown and liked it a lot, I didn't interview there.

Downstate was probably 1 of the worst interview experiences I've had on the trail.
Hi Inderoll, how was Downstate your worst interview experience? was it b/c of the overall impression you had about the program or the just the actual interview itself?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #109  
Old 02-16-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 33
Threads: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Reputation: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagopalm View Post
Hi Inderoll, how was Downstate your worst interview experience? was it b/c of the overall impression you had about the program or the just the actual interview itself?
I actually had an open mind going into it, but my entire impression including what other residents told me of the program confirmed what my friend told me, I wasn't really surprised.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #110  
Old 02-17-2015
Mohabravo's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 122
Threads: 6
Thanked 39 Times in 27 Posts
Reputation: 49
Default

Does anyone know which hospital is considered better in terms of less workload?
St Elizabeth in Ohio vs. Capital Health in New Jersey.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #111  
Old 02-17-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 66
Threads: 34
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Reputation: 19
Default Ranking - IM programs

I am thinking of pursuing Hem/ onc or GI fellowship. Can someone suggest me how to rank these programs?

1. Greater Baltimore Medical Center
2. MacNeal
3. St Agnes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #112  
Old 02-17-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 21
Threads: 5
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Reputation: 18
Default

Not sure about Mcneal but I interviewed at st Agnes and GBMC and by far I thought GBMC is a better program. More cush, nicer hospital, better fellowship match rates. St Agnes it seemed like residents were overworked but people were friendly. gBMC is also a much nicer area than st Agnes IMHO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #113  
Old 02-18-2015
made4usmle's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 134
Threads: 18
Thanked 55 Times in 30 Posts
Reputation: 65
Default

Guys.. St Barnabas, NJ or Overlook, NJ for IM?
__________________
STEP 1 261, CK 260, PASSED, YOG 2012, 4 M OBSERVERSHIP, 3 US LOR....MATCHED!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #114  
Old 02-18-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 65
Threads: 10
Thanked 30 Times in 10 Posts
Reputation: 40
Default

In what order should I rank these programs? I'm looking to be a Hospitalist or PCP.

UPMC Mercy, PA
Cook County, IL
Jersey Shore University Medical Center, NJ
York Hospital, PA
Atlanticare, NJ
HackensackUMC Mountainside, NJ
West Suburban Medical Center, IL
__________________
U.S. citizen, Step 1: 230, Step 2 CK: 240, Step 2 CS: pass, matched into Internal Medicine!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #115  
Old 02-18-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 33
Threads: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Reputation: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dextrocardia View Post
In what order should I rank these programs? I'm looking to be a Hospitalist or PCP.

UPMC Mercy, PA
Cook County, IL
Jersey Shore University Medical Center, NJ
York Hospital, PA
Atlanticare, NJ
HackensackUMC Mountainside, NJ
West Suburban Medical Center, IL
If you don't care about fellowship, put Jersey Shore #1, it's probably one of the nicest hospitals I've ever been in, one of my friends is a resident there & really likes it there.

If you are aiming for a competitive fellowship, I'd put Cook County #1, you're gonna work really hard there though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
dextrocardia (02-24-2015)



  #116  
Old 02-18-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 59
Threads: 15
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 13
Default

1. Gbmc
2. St. Agnes
3.mac neal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #117  
Old 02-18-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 20
Threads: 6
Thanked 14 Times in 5 Posts
Reputation: 24
Default

Does anybody know anything about Pennsylvania hospital (not UPenn)?

Pennsylvania hospital/UPenn vs Baystate/Tufts, which would you rank higher?

Pennsylvania hospital doesn't have own fellowships where as Baystate does. But it seems like pennsylvania matches people in subspecialties more than Baystate does. Pennsy matches Cardiology 1-2 every year except for last year where no one applied, Baystate matches around 1 every year and always in house, one or two always end up unmatched every year.
Pennsy is in Philly whereas Baystate is in a not so nice town, Springfield.

I liked the people at Baystate more. Not sure how to rank them though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #118  
Old 02-19-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 21
Threads: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 4 Posts
Reputation: 17
Default Which is better for Cards fellowship

I only have 2 choices that I really think I have a shot at for Internal medicine categorial:

1) Pennsylvania Hospital
2) Lankenau Medical Center

I'm still hoping to do a fellowship in cards after.

Please help me as im really not sure which one to rank higher. I interviewed at both places and really liked them both. Torn because Lankenau had in house cardiology fellowships but Pennsylvania hospital has access to great faculty for research.

I've also previously did an elective at UPENN and while it is the University Hospital, I found Pennsylvania Hospital to be very similar to what I had experienced previously.

What's the best way to go if the future plan is to match in a cards fellowship down the road?

Thanks!

Last edited by izt_is; 02-19-2015 at 06:44 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #119  
Old 02-20-2015
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1
Threads: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default Need your feedback on my ROL!

Hi! May I request for your insights/help on my rank order list? My target is Cards Fellowship and I don't care whether it's J1 or H1b visa. Thank you!

1. Rush U.
2. Cleveland Clinic
3. U of Connecticut
4. Einstein Philly
5. NYMC Westchester
6. William Beaumont Royal Oak
7. Mt. Sinai St. Luke's Roosevelt
8. Tufts Baystate
9. Yale Bridgeport
10. Cook County
11. Lankenau
12. SUNY Upstate
13. St. Vincent's bridgeport
14. Univ. Hawaii
15. Overlook
16. Abington Memorial
17. NYMC metropolitan
18. Monmouth
19. Sinai Baltimore

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #120  
Old 02-20-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 29
Threads: 2
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Reputation: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicorn2005 View Post
Hi! May I request for your insights/help on my rank order list? My target is Cards Fellowship and I don't care whether it's J1 or H1b visa. Thank you!

1. Rush U.
2. Cleveland Clinic
3. U of Connecticut
4. Einstein Philly
5. NYMC Westchester
6. William Beaumont Royal Oak
7. Mt. Sinai St. Luke's Roosevelt
8. Tufts Baystate
9. Yale Bridgeport
10. Cook County
11. Lankenau
12. SUNY Upstate
13. St. Vincent's bridgeport
14. Univ. Hawaii
15. Overlook
16. Abington Memorial
17. NYMC metropolitan
18. Monmouth
19. Sinai Baltimore

Thank you!
I will help with places I've been at.
Baystate should be around SUNY. Lankenae higher a notch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #121  
Old 02-21-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 68
Threads: 13
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 14
Default Help with Ranking?

What do you think , looking for J1 sponsorship and hem/onc or GI fellowship.
1. Tufts Medical Center- Mostly cause of name, didn't like the PD much, but I love Boston.
2.Univ of Louisville- Loved the people, PDs and attendings
3. Baystate- Again loved the residents and PD, downside is the place but residents live in Northampton which is cute but a 20 min commute. 90 mins from Boston. (Not sure if this should even be my no.1)
4. Metrowest- I ranked this higher purely because of the place, Boston! ..people have decent fellowships and 3-4 months of electives which gives time for research (Am I ranking this too high?)
5. Medstar Washington Hosp center- Decent fellowships and nice place, didn't necessarily like the people.
6. GBMC (Maybe this should be higher than Medstar?)
7.Gunderson Lutheran, WI
8. Montefiore, New Rochelle
9.Griffin Hospital

As you can tell I'm highly confused with my top 5. Would appreciate any input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #122  
Old 02-22-2015
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 7
Threads: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default Univ of Buffalo or MedStar Washington Hospital Center for IM

Hi Guys, Can anyone tell me which one should I rank higher for IM; Univ of Buffalo or MedStar Washington Hospital Center. My only worry about UB is the weather. Wondering if its a good bargain to rank WHC higher, considering that it is a good community place with a very good fellowhship match rate.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #123  
Old 02-22-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 29
Threads: 2
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Reputation: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMapplicant View Post
Hi Guys, Can anyone tell me which one should I rank higher for IM; Univ of Buffalo or MedStar Washington Hospital Center. My only worry about UB is the weather. Wondering if its a good bargain to rank WHC higher, considering that it is a good community place with a very good fellowhship match rate.
Thanks

Buffalo: Weather is pretty bad in the winter and city is not the safest (still better than Detroit...). It's 99% IMGs. But they do have fellowships like you said (though they seem to be getting worse at matching competitive fellowships like GI/Cards, this year only 1 matched from the year and 2 chiefs from last year). I dont know much else.
Not sure about Medstar Wash, do they have fellowships?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #124  
Old 02-22-2015
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 7
Threads: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcwm View Post
Buffalo: Weather is pretty bad in the winter and city is not the safest (still better than Detroit...). It's 99% IMGs. But they do have fellowships like you said (though they seem to be getting worse at matching competitive fellowships like GI/Cards, this year only 1 matched from the year and 2 chiefs from last year). I dont know much else.
Not sure about Medstar Wash, do they have fellowships?
MedStar does pretty well with Cardio, GI, Pulm/Crit and HemOnc. They have been matching on an avg of 4 every yr in cardio and 2-3 for the rest and its a smaller program than UB, 24 residents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #125  
Old 02-22-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 68
Threads: 13
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 14
Default Bumping this up!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniella View Post
What do you think , looking for J1 sponsorship and hem/onc or GI fellowship.
1. Tufts Medical Center- Mostly cause of name, didn't like the PD much, but I love Boston.
2.Univ of Louisville- Loved the people, PDs and attendings
3. Baystate- Again loved the residents and PD, downside is the place but residents live in Northampton which is cute but a 20 min commute. 90 mins from Boston. (Not sure if this should even be my no.1)
4. Metrowest- I ranked this higher purely because of the place, Boston! ..people have decent fellowships and 3-4 months of electives which gives time for research (Am I ranking this too high?)
5. Medstar Washington Hosp center- Decent fellowships and nice place, didn't necessarily like the people.
6. GBMC (Maybe this should be higher than Medstar?)
7.Gunderson Lutheran, WI
8. Montefiore, New Rochelle
9.Griffin Hospital

As you can tell I'm highly confused with my top 5. Would appreciate any input!
I'm bumping this up! 2 more days and I'm STILL confused! Any input appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #126  
Old 02-23-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 29
Threads: 2
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Reputation: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniella View Post
I'm bumping this up! 2 more days and I'm STILL confused! Any input appreciated!
looks fine to me. I'd switch 3-4 just because they're equal in reputation but Metrowest has better location and maybe better fellowship match.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #127  
Old 02-23-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 68
Threads: 13
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 14
Default

Thanks for the response! The only reason I put Baystate higher is because they have their own in-house fellowships, research is definitely better at Baystate. But you are right, location wise Metrowest is better (but thats it.. ) Residents were alright, I liked the team in Baystate better. What do you think? Still think Metrowest should be higher?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #128  
Old 02-23-2015
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 9
Threads: 4
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Reputation: 12
Default Help me rank please!

Hello there, I am really confused between my last 2 choices - both IM.

- St. Francis Medical Center Residency Program (Seton Hall University)
- Lincoln medical and mental health center.

Which one would you rank ahead of the other?
Please help me rank them, any input would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #129  
Old 02-23-2015
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 208
Threads: 21
Thanked 143 Times in 71 Posts
Reputation: 153
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR2015 View Post
Hello there, I am really confused between my last 2 choices - both IM.

- St. Francis Medical Center Residency Program (Seton Hall University)
- Lincoln medical and mental health center.

Which one would you rank ahead of the other?
Please help me rank them, any input would be appreciated.
Thanks.
I did not interview at St francis, one of my friends did. He told me he won't be ranking it cause he didn't like a few things about the program, like how the attendings don't do morning rounds and a few other stuff i don't remember. He also wasn't a fan of the location, he likes NYC way more

He will rank Lincoln because its in NYC and its an "old and known" program, fellowship placement might not be the best but everyone knows Lincoln Hospital in NYC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
DR2015 (02-23-2015)
  #130  
Old 02-23-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 29
Threads: 2
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Reputation: 16
Default

what do you guys think about placing Houston Methodist above Monte (real monte)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #131  
Old 02-23-2015
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 208
Threads: 21
Thanked 143 Times in 71 Posts
Reputation: 153
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcwm View Post
what do you guys think about placing Houston Methodist above Monte (real monte)?
They are both very good hospitals.

I PERSONALLY would never ever rank Methodist above Monte (the real one) cause Monte is a true "university hospital" (albert einstein) . I'm interested in academics, but thats just me.

Houston on the other hand is a big super rich hospital with good subspecialties.

Key differences? Location location

Monte in NYC is super busy (as all NY hospitals) and way more challenging. The auxiliary services SUCK in NY.

Methodist has a reputation for being really easy and Houston is more manageable than NYC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #132  
Old 02-23-2015
made4usmle's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 134
Threads: 18
Thanked 55 Times in 30 Posts
Reputation: 65
Default

Last minute panicking with ROL for IM please help.
1. Medstar Union Memorial Hospital, MD
2. St Barnabas, NJ
3. Overlook Medical Center, NJ
4. Charleston area medical center, WV
5.St Peter University hospital
6. St Mary Hospital, Waterbury, CT
Thanks
__________________
STEP 1 261, CK 260, PASSED, YOG 2012, 4 M OBSERVERSHIP, 3 US LOR....MATCHED!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #133  
Old 02-23-2015
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 9
Threads: 4
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Reputation: 12
Default Confused!!!

Please help me decide between
Mercy Catholic Medical Center, Darby, PA and
Saint Luke's Hospital, Chesterfield, MO.
Which one is better?

-St. Luke's does not have teaching rounds, but they do have morning reports and noon conferences, well known hospital in Saint Louis, MO. However, in teaching Mercy Catholic is better than St. Luke's.

-Fellowship placement is average for both.

I am really confused which one to prefer over another, I live in Kansas city, MO so, considering St. Luke's over MCMC.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #134  
Old 02-23-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 19
Threads: 4
Thanked 16 Times in 5 Posts
Reputation: 26
Default

nymc metropolitan
wright center for graduate medical education
prince george hospital center

any inputs would help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #135  
Old 02-23-2015
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 5
Threads: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default cleveland weston, florida vs southern illinois university

Hi Guys! One more query. Please let me know which one is better and if possible your reasons. Looking for Pulm Crit or cardio Opportunities.. Cleveland clinic florida vs southern Illinois university
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #136  
Old 02-23-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 18
Threads: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Reputation: 11
Default Please help me decide

Please Help me to rank Coney Island VS Raritan Bay, Both for Categorical Internal Medicine ....would really appreciate your thoughts....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #137  
Old 02-23-2015
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 224
Threads: 64
Thanked 79 Times in 42 Posts
Reputation: 89
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyush View Post
Hi Guys! One more query. Please let me know which one is better and if possible your reasons. Looking for Pulm Crit or cardio Opportunities.. Cleveland clinic florida vs southern Illinois university

I'd go with Cleveland Clinic. Carries a bigger name. Though SIU is a university program, it's a low-tier one. SIU is very good if you want to become a Hospitalist or go into primary care. That's what they promote. They don't get a lot of funding so research is hard to come by.
__________________
MATCHED @ my #2 program
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #138  
Old 02-23-2015
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 224
Threads: 64
Thanked 79 Times in 42 Posts
Reputation: 89
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR2015 View Post
Please help me decide between
Mercy Catholic Medical Center, Darby, PA and
Saint Luke's Hospital, Chesterfield, MO.
Which one is better?

-St. Luke's does not have teaching rounds, but they do have morning reports and noon conferences, well known hospital in Saint Louis, MO. However, in teaching Mercy Catholic is better than St. Luke's.

-Fellowship placement is average for both.

I am really confused which one to prefer over another, I live in Kansas city, MO so, considering St. Luke's over MCMC.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks.
You just said it. You live in Missouri. Why would you want to move all the way to Philadelphia? Both programs are about the same in terms of prestige.
__________________
MATCHED @ my #2 program
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
DR2015 (02-24-2015)
  #139  
Old 02-23-2015
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Posts: 1
Threads: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default ROL help!

what do you guys think my rank order list should be in IM?

Danbury CT
Jersey Shore
York hospital PA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #140  
Old 02-23-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 14
Threads: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Reputation: 14
Default

Please help me rank these 3 programs (in no particular order):

Kern Medical Center / UCLA
Jersey Shore University Medical Center
University of Maryland Medical Center Midtown Campus

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #141  
Old 02-24-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 15
Threads: 5
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Reputation: 15
Default Baystate VS Morristown ?

Baystate VS Morristown ? Reputation wise and cardiology chances. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #142  
Old 01-20-2016
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Posts: 9
Threads: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 14
Default please help me rank

please help im confused with my top4 choices IM programs
I want a cardiology or GI fellowship someday

baylor university in dallas community based big hosp, famous doctors, cheap rental, good fellowship matching, good cardio GI in house

george washington univ good place but expensive, good in house fellowship

albert einstein medical center Philadelphia H1 visa, very good fellowship placements! a lot of IMGs, cheap rental

UCONN - well prepared supportd program, good inhouse fellowships, cheap rental, lot of IMGs

SUNY downstate

St lukes roosevelt
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #143  
Old 01-24-2016
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 2
Threads: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default Please help rank these programs, thank you so much

I'm confused about these 3 programs to rank, which one should I rank first?

1. Jacobi (bronx, NYC)
2. Cook county (Chicago)
3. University of Missouri, Columbia;
[/B][/B][/B]
Future interest is cardiology.

Thank you so so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #144  
Old 01-24-2016
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 2
Threads: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default Please help rank these programs, thank you so much

I'm confused about these 3 programs to rank, which one should I rank first?

1. Jacobi (bronx, NYC)
2. Cook county (Chicago)
3. University of Missouri, Columbia;


Future interest is cardiology.

Thank you so so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #145  
Old 01-24-2016
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 14
Threads: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Send a message via MSN to getnus Send a message via Skype™ to getnus
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbt2014 View Post
Hi everyone,

I am interested in going into Heme/Onc. I have a preference for NYC because of my wife's job.

My current ranking:
1. Albert Einstein - Montefiore (Moses & Weiler)
2. Mount Sinai - St. Luke's Roosevelt
3. Jacobi Medical Center
4. Albert Einstein Medical Center in Philadelphia
5. Bridgeport Hospital in CT (Yale-affiliated)
6. Lutheran Hospital (Brooklyn, recently bought by NYU)
7. Atlantic Health (Morristown)
8. Englewood Hospital (Mount Sinai-affiliated)
9. Saint Peter's (Rutgers/Robertwood Johnson-affiliated)
10. New York Medical College (Metropolitan)
11. St. Vincent's Medical Center in CT
12. Seton Hall (Trinitas) in NJ

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks!
I would rank Jacobi higher bcoz it is Albert Einstein system. 4 and 5 may be interchangeable. Not sure about Seton Hall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message






Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How do I rank these programs? drkumar IMG Residency Match Forum 1 01-19-2014 03:54 AM
How to rank programs in the Rank Order List? lee-usmle IMG Residency Match Forum 2 01-18-2014 09:58 AM
Help me rank these 5 IM programs Sunny7 IMG Residency Match Forum 1 02-16-2013 01:48 PM
Help me rank these 3 programs samir8685 IMG Residency Match Forum 3 02-15-2012 08:45 AM
Please help me rank these programs harlesmd IMG Residency Match Forum 4 01-28-2012 06:40 AM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)