Anesthesiology 2016 IMG Applicants! - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > IMG Residency Match Forum

IMG Residency Match Forum International Medical Graduates (IMGs) discussing the residency matching process.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-12-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 11
Threads: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 12
Default Anesthesiology 2016 IMG Applicants!

Hello all! I decided to start a new thread for this year's applicants. Let's include our credentials and visa status (please copy and paste). First off, my credentials:
Step 1 224, Step 2 ck 220 Step 2 CS pass. No visa needed. Doing my prelim in IM currently

Best of luck for everyone during this application cycle!

PS.. anyone going to the ASA conference?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
soleilss (09-18-2015)


  #2  
Old 09-13-2015
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 1
Threads: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default

259/258/Pass (I was in ajf06h's class), Canadian IMG, doing research until the match and step 3 for that H1B. Holding out for ABA conference instead, don't have anything worthy of showing at ASA yet
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 09-13-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 11
Threads: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weddell View Post
259/258/Pass (I was in ajf06h's class), Canadian IMG, doing research until the match and step 3 for that H1B. Holding out for ABA conference instead, don't have anything worthy of showing at ASA yet
Weddell! Nice scores! What/when is the ABA conference?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
  #4  
Old 09-14-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 63
Threads: 8
Thanked 20 Times in 12 Posts
Reputation: 30
Default

Hey repeat applier here
234/263/pass/TBD
6 months USCE
When assigning each document it does't ask for the MSPE/transcript. Is that how it is for you guys too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 09-14-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 11
Threads: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaheh View Post
Hey repeat applier here
234/263/pass/TBD
6 months USCE
When assigning each document it does't ask for the MSPE/transcript. Is that how it is for you guys too?
Yes, as long as it says "uploaded" or "authorized" then you should be fine; it will go with all your apps
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Vaheh (09-15-2015)
  #6  
Old 09-15-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 66
Threads: 5
Thanked 17 Times in 11 Posts
Reputation: 27
Default

Applying as well.

250+/250+/Pass/240. Need visa. 2 posters, currently involved with more research. Good luck, guys!

Last edited by Boatox; 10-01-2015 at 02:14 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 09-16-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 63
Threads: 8
Thanked 20 Times in 12 Posts
Reputation: 30
Default

So I got my Step 3 score(236), how do I update my USMLE transcript? Re-send my scores?

Edit Never mind thats how it needed to be updated.

Last edited by Vaheh; 09-16-2015 at 11:30 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 09-16-2015
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 6
Threads: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default

Todays the day!I hope this an active thread this year. Applying for the first time.

USIMG 232/233/CS Pending/2 years of USCE

Applying to a boatload of programs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 09-16-2015
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 4
Threads: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default

Hey guys,
Good call on this thread, lets keep it going.

Stats: Carib IMG w/ G.C. 246/257/CS score pending(Oct)/4 US LORs (2 Anes - 1 PD, 1 chairman)/ 2 yrs USCE

Good luck everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 09-16-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 17
Threads: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Reputation: 15
Default

US-Carib 225/228/CS pass. 6 publications in pain journals. No visa needed. 6 months of clinicals in London, rest in US. I applied to 60 anesthesia programs, 60 IM, 30 prelim med, 10 prelim surg.

Last edited by Kwak_that_Gas_up; 09-16-2015 at 01:14 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #11  
Old 09-17-2015
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 6
Threads: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Reputation: 11
Default

262/260/pass. Caribbean US Citizen. Applied to 90 anesthesia, 50 prelim meds, 20 TY. Received 1 prelim offer so far and 1 TY rejection
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #12  
Old 09-17-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 53
Threads: 3
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Reputation: 18
Default Anesthesia CBY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatox View Post
Applying as well.

250+/250+/Pass/240. Need visa. 2 posters, currently involved with more research. Currently completing a surgical prelim. Good luck, guys!
which prelim surgery are good as CBY for Anesthesia?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #13  
Old 09-17-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 53
Threads: 3
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Reputation: 18
Default prelim surgery before Anesthesia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwak_that_Gas_up View Post
US-Carib 225/228/CS pass. 6 publications in pain journals. No visa needed. 6 months of clinicals in London, rest in US. I applied to 60 anesthesia programs, 60 IM, 30 prelim med, 10 prelim surg.
Can you plz tell me what prelim surgery work for anesthesia, as CBY?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #14  
Old 09-17-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 17
Threads: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Reputation: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubandoc View Post
Can you plz tell me what prelim surgery work for anesthesia, as CBY?
I'm not sure what you are asking. The prelims only work for Advanced Anesthesia positions, not categorical. Check on the individual websites for the programs you applied to. Most advanced anesthesia positions allow prelim med, surg, or transitional.

Good Luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #15  
Old 09-17-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 53
Threads: 3
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Reputation: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwak_that_Gas_up View Post
I'm not sure what you are asking. The prelims only work for Advanced Anesthesia positions, not categorical. Check on the individual websites for the programs you applied to. Most advanced anesthesia positions allow prelim med, surg, or transitional.

Good Luck.
thank you for the reply,
yes I was asking about a prelim year before an advanced position. Most surgery prelim are specific for surgical subspecialties,(according to the info in their websites and the rotations) and I am not sure if they meet the requirement for subsequent advanced anesthesia. Could you plz clarify this?

good luck!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #16  
Old 09-17-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 17
Threads: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Reputation: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubandoc View Post
thank you for the reply,
yes I was asking about a prelim year before an advanced position. Most surgery prelim are specific for surgical subspecialties,(according to the info in their websites and the rotations) and I am not sure if they meet the requirement for subsequent advanced anesthesia. Could you plz clarify this?

good luck!!
It is my understanding that the prelim year that is chosen by the applicant is of no consequence. All prelims will have electives. You can choose the ones that are requirements for anesthesiology. I am but a stranger on the internet. I urge you to contact a program director and ask them for better piece of mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Cubandoc (09-17-2015)
  #17  
Old 09-19-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 10
Threads: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default

Hi guys , am an old graduate 2002 231/238/pass all first time. In anesthesia being an old grad is it a big disadvantage ? Since graduation I have been active internship then anesthesia up to the current date in UK. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #18  
Old 09-23-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 66
Threads: 5
Thanked 17 Times in 11 Posts
Reputation: 27
Default

Any IVs yet? I've only received 2 acknowledgements so far. No rejections
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #19  
Old 09-23-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 10
Threads: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default

Nop nothing yet , complete silent !!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #20  
Old 09-26-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 14
Threads: 2
Thanked 39 Times in 4 Posts
Reputation: 49
Default

Still have not heard anything yet, but its early days so I'm not worried.

255/260/Pass/2015/ 1 month USCE/British grad
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #21  
Old 09-26-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 10
Threads: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickenmuffn View Post
Still have not heard anything yet, but its early days so I'm not worried.

255/260/Pass/2015/ 1 month USCE/British grad
How many programs did you apply to ? If you don't mind me asking ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #22  
Old 09-26-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 14
Threads: 2
Thanked 39 Times in 4 Posts
Reputation: 49
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukdoc77 View Post
How many programs did you apply to ? If you don't mind me asking ?
Only 40 categorical programs. I only applied to good schools and in places where I could see myself living.

I'm in a very good foundation programme currently, so I'm not too fussed if I don't get a place. I'd rather train here in a good program rather than a mediocre program in the states.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #23  
Old 09-29-2015
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 4
Threads: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default

Looks like they've started sending out IV's to IMGs.

Got 2 today. Boston University and New York Medical College at Westchester.

How's it looking for everyone else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #24  
Old 09-29-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 10
Threads: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag07 View Post
Looks like they've started sending out IV's to IMGs.

Got 2 today. Boston University and New York Medical College at Westchester.

How's it looking for everyone else?
Congratulations !! What are you stats ? And does Boston sponsor visa ? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #25  
Old 09-30-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 66
Threads: 5
Thanked 17 Times in 11 Posts
Reputation: 27
Default

Hopefully those w/o IV (namely non-US IMGs) get some starting tomorrow. Finally have all 3 LOR uploaded.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #26  
Old 09-30-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 57
Threads: 0
Thanked 36 Times in 22 Posts
Reputation: 46
Default

Good luck to everyone. I got all my invites in early October-late October so don't start freaking out yet. A lot of you have great scores and should land spots.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #27  
Old 10-01-2015
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 4
Threads: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default

Carib-IMG, need visa, 247/257/pass first attempts, 2.5mo USCE

So far, 1 prelim IM IV, ack from Texas Tech Lubbock for anesthesia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #28  
Old 10-01-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 17
Threads: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Reputation: 15
Default

IVs: Boston Univ Med Ctr, SUNY Downstate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
michaeljones (10-01-2015)
  #29  
Old 10-01-2015
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 4
Threads: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default

IV in Newark Jersey City for prelim IM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #30  
Old 10-01-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 66
Threads: 5
Thanked 17 Times in 11 Posts
Reputation: 27
Default

1 iv - suny
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #31  
Old 10-02-2015
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 4
Threads: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukdoc77 View Post
Congratulations !! What are you stats ? And does Boston sponsor visa ? Thanks
Thanks! Boston University sponsors both J1 and H1B visas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #32  
Old 10-02-2015
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 4
Threads: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default

2 more interviews at Wayne State University and Louisiana State -Shreveport
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #33  
Old 10-02-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 14
Threads: 2
Thanked 39 Times in 4 Posts
Reputation: 49
Default

IV - Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #34  
Old 10-04-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 16
Threads: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default

My credentials step 1 230 step 2 232 cs passed
have anesthesiology residency done in home country need visa
poster in ASA this year
doing more research
no ivs yet
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #35  
Old 10-05-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 10
Threads: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default

Ackn from Maimonides Medical Center !!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #36  
Old 10-06-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 21
Threads: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 12
Default

Hey guys , in IM theyve been getting rejections , is it a good sign not getting rejections in anesthesia ? Or it is just because they don't bother to send ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #37  
Old 10-07-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 21
Threads: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 12
Default

First rejection Rochester NY ..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #38  
Old 10-07-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 17
Threads: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Reputation: 15
Default

Interview @ Advocate illinois, rejection univ. rochester NY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #39  
Old 10-11-2015
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 6
Threads: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default

IV at John Stroger
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #40  
Old 10-11-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 21
Threads: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTbobcat View Post
IV at John Stroger
When did you get it ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #41  
Old 10-12-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 16
Threads: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default

Did any1 get any iv calls today? have just one iv uptil now.. getting scared..
Can u plz tell when did u get iv from John Stroger?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #42  
Old 10-12-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 26
Threads: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dranaesthetist View Post
Did any1 get any iv calls today? have just one iv uptil now.. getting scared..
Can u plz tell when did u get iv from John Stroger?
Congratulations on your first interview! It is still early. More will follow. Hang in there! Which program invited you?

I got an iv from Drexel today, which made a total of two so far. The other one is at Wayne state University.
I also got three rejections: University of Colorado, University of South Carolina, and University of Rochester.
Two rejections in prelim surgery too.

Last edited by Igamia; 10-12-2015 at 09:45 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #43  
Old 10-13-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 16
Threads: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default

I got Iv from Georgia Medical College, Augusta
Rejection from Case western( Metrohealth) and Rochester Univ.
And 3 rejections from Prelim med
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #44  
Old 10-13-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 21
Threads: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dranaesthetist View Post
I got Iv from Georgia Medical College, Augusta
Rejection from Case western( Metrohealth) and Rochester Univ.
And 3 rejections from Prelim med
When did you hear from Augusta ??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #45  
Old 10-13-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 16
Threads: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default

I heard from them long back actually within 2 days of applying. I applied on Sept 18th.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #46  
Old 10-13-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 21
Threads: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dranaesthetist View Post
I heard from them long back actually within 2 days of applying. I applied on Sept 18th.
Congratulations !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #47  
Old 10-13-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 36
Threads: 12
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 14
Default

Congratulations to everyone who got interviews..good luck!

I applied late because of my LORs (Sep. 30th). When should I start panicking about not getting any IVs?

(Step 1: 227, Step 2:228, CS: passed, all on first attempt. 2 months USCE, 4 LORs (3 US, one from home), finished a residency + MSc. at home. YOG:2008)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #48  
Old 10-13-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 26
Threads: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dranaesthetist View Post
I heard from them long back actually within 2 days of applying. I applied on Sept 18th.
Hi, just a check on your memory here. About a week ago, you posted that you did not have any iv. Which is the case?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #49  
Old 10-13-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 26
Threads: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResidencyHopeful View Post
Congratulations to everyone who got interviews..good luck!

I applied late because of my LORs (Sep. 30th). When should I start panicking about not getting any IVs?

(Step 1: 227, Step 2:228, CS: passed, all on first attempt. 2 months USCE, 4 LORs (3 US, one from home), finished a residency + MSc. at home. YOG:2008)
It is hard not to panic. However, I keep telling myself there is nothing can be done at this point other than waiting. I find reading the thread of 2014 and 2015 match helps. Other than some useful information about the timeline, there was also a very supportive atmosphere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #50  
Old 10-13-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Posts: 10
Threads: 2
Thanked 13 Times in 5 Posts
Reputation: 23
Default

Do you guys have a US number. I bought a skype number. Obviously I don't live in the US. Is there a better option?.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #51  
Old 10-13-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 21
Threads: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwanGanzoo7 View Post
Do you guys have a US number. I bought a skype number. Obviously I don't live in the US. Is there a better option?.
I think mostly you will be contacted by email. I don't think s US number is essential , I haven't got one either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #52  
Old 10-14-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 66
Threads: 5
Thanked 17 Times in 11 Posts
Reputation: 27
Default

Only got 1 IV this week. Sitting on 2 at the moment. No rejections..want to hear something!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #53  
Old 10-14-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 21
Threads: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatox View Post
Only got 1 IV this week. Sitting on 2 at the moment. No rejections..want to hear something!
Where did you get the interview ??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #54  
Old 10-14-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 57
Threads: 0
Thanked 36 Times in 22 Posts
Reputation: 46
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igamia View Post
It is hard not to panic. However, I keep telling myself there is nothing can be done at this point other than waiting. I find reading the thread of 2014 and 2015 match helps. Other than some useful information about the timeline, there was also a very supportive atmosphere.
Invites should pickup for you guys in the next 2 weeks for IMGs. Most the Anesthesia interviews start at the earliest the very end of Oct. Due to ASA being later this year, I've heard my program is starting in early November and I believe we go till early January (1st - 2nd week of January).

I also know that a few programs I interviewed at in the midwest had people cancel interviews and they had spots open up in January. Nobody wants to go to the midwest in January with the snow and how miserable it is.

Unfortunately one place I interviewed at, the people were douches and didn't notify PC early enough which resulted in 3 interview spots that went unfilled.

Don't be a douche if you're going to cancel, call so someone else can get that spot. If you missed a plane, weather, etc, CALL the PC!! They might be able to switch spots with another person so you can still make your interview. Some programs doing morning/afternoon interviews, and if you're scheduled for morning, but get delayed, they might have someone that could switch with you.

My advice, if you're wait listed ANYWHERE, tell the PC you can make any interview within at least a 12hr notification. PC must fill spots and they're going to fill spots with people they can count on.

Good luck ! Hopefully I'll see some of you interview at my program, because I won't be missing free dinner
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Cubandoc (10-14-2015), Igamia (10-14-2015)
  #55  
Old 10-14-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Posts: 10
Threads: 2
Thanked 13 Times in 5 Posts
Reputation: 23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketafol View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igamia View Post
It is hard not to panic. However, I keep telling myself there is nothing can be done at this point other than waiting. I find reading the thread of 2014 and 2015 match helps. Other than some useful information about the timeline, there was also a very supportive atmosphere.
Invites should pickup for you guys in the next 2 weeks for IMGs. Most the Anesthesia interviews start at the earliest the very end of Oct. Due to ASA being later this year, I've heard my program is starting in early November and I believe we go till early January (1st - 2nd week of January).

I also know that a few programs I interviewed at in the midwest had people cancel interviews and they had spots open up in January. Nobody wants to go to the midwest in January with the snow and how miserable it is.

Unfortunately one place I interviewed at, the people were douches and didn't notify PC early enough which resulted in 3 interview spots that went unfilled.

Don't be a douche if you're going to cancel, call so someone else can get that spot. If you missed a plane, weather, etc, CALL the PC!! They might be able to switch spots with another person so you can still make your interview. Some programs doing morning/afternoon interviews, and if you're scheduled for morning, but get delayed, they might have someone that could switch with you.

My advice, if you're wait listed ANYWHERE, tell the PC you can make any interview within at least a 12hr notification. PC must fill spots and they're going to fill spots with people they can count on.

Good luck ! Hopefully I'll see some of you interview at my program, because I won't be missing free dinner
Thanks ketafol. It is always nice to read your posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
dranaesthetist (10-16-2015)
  #56  
Old 10-14-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 26
Threads: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketafol View Post
Invites should pickup for you guys in the next 2 weeks for IMGs. Most the Anesthesia interviews start at the earliest the very end of Oct. Due to ASA being later this year, I've heard my program is starting in early November and I believe we go till early January (1st - 2nd week of January).

I also know that a few programs I interviewed at in the midwest had people cancel interviews and they had spots open up in January. Nobody wants to go to the midwest in January with the snow and how miserable it is.

Unfortunately one place I interviewed at, the people were douches and didn't notify PC early enough which resulted in 3 interview spots that went unfilled.

Don't be a douche if you're going to cancel, call so someone else can get that spot. If you missed a plane, weather, etc, CALL the PC!! They might be able to switch spots with another person so you can still make your interview. Some programs doing morning/afternoon interviews, and if you're scheduled for morning, but get delayed, they might have someone that could switch with you.

My advice, if you're wait listed ANYWHERE, tell the PC you can make any interview within at least a 12hr notification. PC must fill spots and they're going to fill spots with people they can count on.

Good luck ! Hopefully I'll see some of you interview at my program, because I won't be missing free dinner
Thank you very much for cheering us on. It is nice to hear from someone who made it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #57  
Old 10-16-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 21
Threads: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 12
Default

Can someone answer me please guys , is it worth applying to some more surgical prelim at this stage or do you think it is too late? As it seems there is no luck with the prelim medicine as yet , thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #58  
Old 10-16-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 57
Threads: 0
Thanked 36 Times in 22 Posts
Reputation: 46
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bag&mask View Post
Can someone answer me please guys , is it worth applying to some more surgical prelim at this stage or do you think it is too late? As it seems there is no luck with the prelim medicine as yet , thank you
Where I did research, they said they didn't invite surgical prelims till the very end. For medicine, some programs even said they did "phone interview" for medicine prelim.

I did end up applying to a few more surgical prelims to pad my cv, but I did so at the end of this month last year and i got ZERO surgical prelims interview, although I wasn't very aggressive (no follow up calls/emails etc).

If you're going to do it, I would do it NOW. I also would follow up aggressively on the medicine prelims you've applied to.

I will toss you this bone, but you use your detective skills to figure the name out.

There is a program in West Virginia that did not fill its prelim spot last year. When I emailed the PD, he said they do phone interviews. I was told I was 1 out of 6-8 people they interviewed for the prelim spot since only locals apply (even locals didn't really apply to the medicine prelim spot) and its a community program in WVU (aka nobody wants to go there for 1yr. To be honest, they looked like it was a fairly balanced intern year, although still going to be medicine ward heavy (medicine intern year, right?). The PD was super friendly, and even said you could put some of your vacation time right before end date so you could move. Lastly, they even are big enough they do surgical cases where you could do an elective month in anesthesia. Categorical programs schedule you for your anesthesia month a month or 2 before july, to transition you into the OR. That's clutch that this place would give you that opportunity.

Another huge thing, I believe this prelim paid for step 3. Not all programs pay for step 3, including my categorical anesthesia program I'm at.

If you go to charting outcomes, you can find this program with some detective sleuthing skills and I'd suggest you apply/email/follow up with them.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Cubandoc (10-16-2015), Igamia (10-16-2015)
  #59  
Old 10-16-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 26
Threads: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 14
Default

Just received one iv at Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center this morning , followed by two rejections, one prelim surgery and one prelim IM.
Ketafol, thank you very much for the information about the prelims!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #60  
Old 10-16-2015
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 5
Threads: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igamia View Post
Just received one iv at Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center this morning , followed by two rejections, one prelim surgery and one prelim IM.
Ketafol, thank you very much for the information about the prelims!
I got that iv offer this morning too. Did they ever respond to you confirming a date?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #61  
Old 10-16-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 26
Threads: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 14
Default

Not yet. They give me two dates and said it's first come first serve. I guess if there are enough people replied before me, I will have to wait for someone to cancel. But I am optimistic
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoLo123 View Post
I got that iv offer this morning too. Did they ever respond to you confirming a date?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #62  
Old 10-17-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 21
Threads: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketafol View Post
Where I did research, they said they didn't invite surgical prelims till the very end. For medicine, some programs even said they did "phone interview" for medicine prelim.

I did end up applying to a few more surgical prelims to pad my cv, but I did so at the end of this month last year and i got ZERO surgical prelims interview, although I wasn't very aggressive (no follow up calls/emails etc).

If you're going to do it, I would do it NOW. I also would follow up aggressively on the medicine prelims you've applied to.

I will toss you this bone, but you use your detective skills to figure the name out.

There is a program in West Virginia that did not fill its prelim spot last year. When I emailed the PD, he said they do phone interviews. I was told I was 1 out of 6-8 people they interviewed for the prelim spot since only locals apply (even locals didn't really apply to the medicine prelim spot) and its a community program in WVU (aka nobody wants to go there for 1yr. To be honest, they looked like it was a fairly balanced intern year, although still going to be medicine ward heavy (medicine intern year, right?). The PD was super friendly, and even said you could put some of your vacation time right before end date so you could move. Lastly, they even are big enough they do surgical cases where you could do an elective month in anesthesia. Categorical programs schedule you for your anesthesia month a month or 2 before july, to transition you into the OR. That's clutch that this place would give you that opportunity.

Another huge thing, I believe this prelim paid for step 3. Not all programs pay for step 3, including my categorical anesthesia program I'm at.

If you go to charting outcomes, you can find this program with some detective sleuthing skills and I'd suggest you apply/email/follow up with them.

Thank you very much my friend. You are really very helpful. I applied yesterday evening to some more prelem surgery. I will keep my fingers crossed. Thanks again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #63  
Old 10-17-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 66
Threads: 5
Thanked 17 Times in 11 Posts
Reputation: 27
Default

Did anyone receive IV confirmation from Drexel?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #64  
Old 10-17-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 26
Threads: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatox View Post
Did anyone receive IV confirmation from Drexel?
I did on Friday. You too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #65  
Old 10-17-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 66
Threads: 5
Thanked 17 Times in 11 Posts
Reputation: 27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igamia View Post
I did on Friday. You too?
I never received confirmation of my date selection and it's been over a week
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #66  
Old 10-17-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 26
Threads: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatox View Post
I never received confirmation of my date selection and it's been over a week
I know how you feel. I was getting a little anxious too before I received mine. I am sure yours is on the way. Give it a couple more days. Hang in there!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #67  
Old 10-17-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 66
Threads: 5
Thanked 17 Times in 11 Posts
Reputation: 27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igamia View Post
I know how you feel. I was getting a little anxious too before I received mine. I am sure yours is on the way. Give it a couple more days. Hang in there!
Hope so Hope this week brings us all some more interviews!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #68  
Old 10-18-2015
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 4
Threads: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 12
Default

Hi I am US Caribbean IMG, 227/243 Pass, 4 published articles from research before med school. I applied to all anesthesia programs except California.
Have 7 interviews so far! All anesthesia, 3 categorical, 1 advanced, and 3 that have both.
I only applied to a few prelims, only rejections there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #69  
Old 10-18-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 26
Threads: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboman View Post
Hi I am US Caribbean IMG, 227/243 Pass, 4 published articles from research before med school. I applied to all anesthesia programs except California.
Have 7 interviews so far! All anesthesia, 3 categorical, 1 advanced, and 3 that have both.
I only applied to a few prelims, only rejections there.
Congrats! It looks like you will definitely match this year! So happy for you!
Where are your interviews at, if you do not mind sharing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #70  
Old 10-19-2015
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 4
Threads: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igamia View Post
Congrats! It looks like you will definitely match this year! So happy for you!
Where are your interviews at, if you do not mind sharing?
U of Toledo, u of Minnesota, lsu Shreveport, Boston university, advocate Illinois masonic, SUNY upstate, Wayne state
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Igamia (10-19-2015)
  #71  
Old 10-19-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 21
Threads: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 12
Default

It is soooo scary silence here !!!!! Is it just me or everyone else the same. It is becoming unbearable even no rejections !!! What is going on ???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #72  
Old 10-19-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 66
Threads: 5
Thanked 17 Times in 11 Posts
Reputation: 27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bag&mask View Post
It is soooo scary silence here !!!!! Is it just me or everyone else the same. It is becoming unbearable even no rejections !!! What is going on ???
Same boat.. no rejections and silence since last Monday
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #73  
Old 10-19-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 21
Threads: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboman View Post
U of Toledo, u of Minnesota, lsu Shreveport, Boston university, advocate Illinois masonic, SUNY upstate, Wayne state
When did you receive from LSU , if you don't mind ??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #74  
Old 10-20-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 26
Threads: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 14
Default

Rejection from Case Western Reserve University (MetroHealth)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #75  
Old 10-20-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 16
Threads: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default

Rejection from Duke Univ. Case western(metrohealth) really hated me. They sent me same rejection twice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #76  
Old 10-20-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 15
Threads: 1
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Reputation: 14
Default Anesthesiology 2016 IMG Applicants!

Hey guys,
Good call on this thread, let’s keep it going. I hope this an active thread this year. Everybody is Nice scores! For what it's worth I got two ASA after Anesthesiology two programs Directors directly, it make you especially if you keep it Interest and why you are interested in the program. Standing out from a sea of applicants with your anesthesia residency application can be difficult, but with the right personal statement you can get the extra attention you need to get accepted into the program.

Best of luck everybody.

Anesthesiology 2016 IMG Residency Applicants.

Last edited by Chakriya Mealea; 10-22-2015 at 09:49 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #77  
Old 10-20-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 36
Threads: 12
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 14
Default

Okay...so I'm not even getting rejections from the places that are sending out rejections (except Rochester). Could that be because I'm a late applicant (1/10) and my rejection is still on its way or that I possibly just got filtered out automatically?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #78  
Old 10-20-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 26
Threads: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResidencyHopeful View Post
Okay...so I'm not even getting rejections from the places that are sending out rejections (except Rochester). Could that be because I'm a late applicant (1/10) and my rejection is still on its way or that I possibly just got filtered out automatically?
It means it is still hopeful for you .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #79  
Old 10-20-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 36
Threads: 12
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igamia View Post
It means it is still hopeful for you .
Awww bless you for lifting my spirits Igamia, let's hope that true lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #80  
Old 10-20-2015
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 5
Threads: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 12
Default

Interview offer from case western metrohealth today. That makes 11 offers total for me, 1 rejection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #81  
Old 10-20-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 26
Threads: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoLo123 View Post
Interview offer from case western metrohealth today. That makes 11 offers total for me, 1 rejection.
Congrats! Wow, you have done so well! Would mind telling us where your 11 interviews at?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
LoLo123 (10-20-2015)
  #82  
Old 10-20-2015
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 5
Threads: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igamia View Post
Congrats! Wow, you have done so well! Would mind telling us where your 11 interviews at?
Thank you! The 11 are Uconn, Umass, Boston medical, Mayo Jacksonville, UT Houston, North Shore LIJ, U of Toledo, John Stroger, Advocate Illinois, Detroit med/Wayne state, and now case western metrohealth. Rejection was U of Colorado.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Igamia (10-20-2015)
  #83  
Old 10-20-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 26
Threads: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoLo123 View Post
Thank you! The 11 are Uconn, Umass, Boston medical, Mayo Jacksonville, UT Houston, North Shore LIJ, U of Toledo, John Stroger, Advocate Illinois, Detroit med/Wayne state, and now case western metrohealth. Rejection was U of Colorado.
Oh wow! Many good places too! What is your stats, if you do not mind?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
LoLo123 (10-20-2015)
  #84  
Old 10-20-2015
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 5
Threads: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igamia View Post
Oh wow! Many good places too! What is your stats, if you do not mind?
Yep, US IMG, step 1 235-240, step 2 250-255, pass. 1 research project.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Igamia (10-20-2015)
  #85  
Old 10-20-2015
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 4
Threads: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 12
Default

case western and duke rejections today
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #86  
Old 10-21-2015
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 4
Threads: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default

IV's for anesthesia in Case (Metro), Texas Lubbock, U at Buffalo, Mt. Sinai St. Luke's, North Shore.
IV's for prelim IM in Newark Jersey City, Westchester, and that weird thing Lincoln does.
Rejections by U of Colorado and U of Rochester.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #87  
Old 10-21-2015
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 5
Threads: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 12
Default

IV's from University of Arkansas and Maimonides today

Last edited by LoLo123; 10-21-2015 at 04:18 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #88  
Old 10-21-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 26
Threads: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoLo123 View Post
IV from University of Arkansas today
At this rate, you will have the luxury of canceling some interviews!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #89  
Old 10-21-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 53
Threads: 3
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Reputation: 18
Default danger!?

Hey guys, how safe is applying to programs with accreditation in probationary status?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #90  
Old 10-22-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 66
Threads: 5
Thanked 17 Times in 11 Posts
Reputation: 27
Default

As non-US IMGs, should we start emailing programs or wait until mid-november?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #91  
Old 10-22-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 53
Threads: 3
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Reputation: 18
Default Probationary Status

Is it safe to apply to programs in probationary status?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #92  
Old 10-22-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 57
Threads: 0
Thanked 36 Times in 22 Posts
Reputation: 46
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubandoc View Post
Is it safe to apply to programs in probationary status?
YES YES and YES !!! This is a HUGE HUGE advantage when a program is on probationary status and they will have big trouble with AMG recruitment.

Very few programs crumble, and it's normally something very minor that gets them on the list. Although, you should inquiry during the interview why they're on probation and what they're doing to fix it.

Those on probation now aren't malignant programs unless word on the street has changed.

It's been awhile since any anesthesia programs have been on probation.

Last edited by Ketafol; 10-22-2015 at 10:22 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #93  
Old 10-22-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 53
Threads: 3
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Reputation: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketafol View Post
YES YES and YES !!! This is a HUGE HUGE advantage when a program is on probationary status and they will have big trouble with AMG recruitment.

Very few programs crumble, and it's normally something very minor that gets them on the list. Although, you should inquiry during the interview why they're on probation and what they're doing to fix it.

Those on probation now aren't malignant programs unless word on the street has changed.

It's been awhile since any anesthesia programs have been on probation.

check ACGME website, there are 3 Anesthesia programs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #94  
Old 10-22-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 16
Threads: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default

Rejection MGH.. too long a shot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #95  
Old 10-22-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 36
Threads: 12
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dranaesthetist View Post
Rejection MGH.. too long a shot
Same here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #96  
Old 10-22-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 26
Threads: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResidencyHopeful View Post
Same here.
Me too. And the iv from Advocate Illinois masonic I got a few days ago turned into being on a wait list, because I am not among the first ones who replied.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #97  
Old 10-22-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 16
Threads: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default

Does Adv Illinois sponsor visa?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #98  
Old 10-22-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 66
Threads: 5
Thanked 17 Times in 11 Posts
Reputation: 27
Default

MGH rejection too haha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #99  
Old 10-22-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 57
Threads: 0
Thanked 36 Times in 22 Posts
Reputation: 46
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubandoc View Post
check ACGME website, there are 3 Anesthesia programs
Read what I wrote, I'm well aware whose on probation and my program isn't one of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #100  
Old 10-23-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 10
Threads: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default

I guess now with ASA meeting starting tomorrow , all the PD's and faculty members will be busy till next Wednesday and the dead silence will continue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2016 Neurology Residency Matching Applicants baiken17 IMG Residency Match Forum 95 4 Weeks Ago 01:52 AM
2016 General Surgery Applicants django IMG Residency Match Forum 41 10-17-2016 09:47 PM
2015 Anesthesiology Residency Matching Applicants Vaheh IMG Residency Match Forum 341 04-07-2016 06:53 AM
2014 Anesthesiology Residency Matching Applicants zombie17783 IMG Residency Match Forum 281 09-15-2014 02:54 AM
2012 Anesthesiology Residency Matching Applicants youssef2310 IMG Residency Match Forum 3 11-14-2011 04:57 AM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)