My senior Killed my Heart - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > IMG Residency Match Forum

IMG Residency Match Forum International Medical Graduates (IMGs) discussing the residency matching process.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-16-2010
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 144
Threads: 47
Thanked 41 Times in 28 Posts
Reputation: 51
Probability My senior Killed my Heart

Recently one of my seniors said that even if u are an IMG and u score above 90 percent still its very hard to get a residency in USA and I am wasting my time as one of his senior fail to do so.

I mean is this true its very irritating to hear so when u are preparing for USMLE its kills ur heart
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message


  #2  
Old 05-16-2010
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 22
Threads: 0
Thanked 29 Times in 13 Posts
Reputation: 49
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by priya1 View Post
Recently one of my seniors said that even if u are an IMG and u score above 90 percent still its very hard to get a residency in USA and I am wasting my time as one of his senior fail to do so.

I mean is this true its very irritating to hear so when u are preparing for USMLE its kills ur heart

You should be focusing on you and not what your senior is saying about IMGs not getting residency spots. You must be confident as a physician and a human being, and you must also set your standards higher and refuse to settle for less than what you are becoming.

This is quite insulting to our profession when you hear "seniors" or whatnot are making negative comments like that one. Get your board exams in check and aim for the best. So many good residency spots were filled by IMGs this year, and you should expect to match when time comes. Just do you and stay away from getting advises from fools... you did not go to medical school to let anyone decide your future for you. You should lead your path instead and let God be your ultimate light along the way. I wish you all the best, doctor!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
ath.pantelis (05-16-2010), Sabio (05-16-2010), Seetal (05-25-2010)
  #3  
Old 05-16-2010
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 3
Threads: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 14
Default remember this

They way your Senior talks, shows the reasons he did not get that spot, he's to negative, remember that:

"The greatest achievements in sports and life were performed by individuals who where to dumb to realize that what they did was impossible"

Follow you dreams, and show some grit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
aoba (05-16-2010), ath.pantelis (05-16-2010), Sabio (05-16-2010)
 
  #4  
Old 05-16-2010
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 3,316
Threads: 170
Thanked 4,920 Times in 1,809 Posts
Reputation: 4973
I agree Totally agree

I totally agree with logical66 and brainious.
I want you also to read this
Do Not Let People Discourage You
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
priya1 (05-16-2010)
  #5  
Old 05-16-2010
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 144
Threads: 47
Thanked 41 Times in 28 Posts
Reputation: 51
Default thank u

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical66 View Post
You should be focusing on you and not what your senior is saying about IMGs not getting residency spots. You must be confident as a physician and a human being, and you must also set your standards higher and refuse to settle for less than what you are becoming.

This is quite insulting to our profession when you hear "seniors" or whatnot are making negative comments like that one. Get your board exams in check and aim for the best. So many good residency spots were filled by IMGs this year, and you should expect to match when time comes. Just do you and stay away from getting advises from fools... you did not go to medical school to let anyone decide your future for you. You should lead your path instead and let God be your ultimate light along the way. I wish you all the best, doctor!
ur encouraging words really help me sometimes the clouds just surround our eyes and we just act like a fool
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 05-16-2010
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 144
Threads: 47
Thanked 41 Times in 28 Posts
Reputation: 51
Default thank u

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainious View Post
They way your Senior talks, shows the reasons he did not get that spot, he's to negative, remember that:

"The greatest achievements in sports and life were performed by individuals who where to dumb to realize that what they did was impossible"

Follow you dreams, and show some grit.
really ur all help means a lot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 05-28-2010
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 83
Threads: 22
Thanked 30 Times in 16 Posts
Reputation: 40
Send a message via Yahoo to silakan_isi
Cool And Don't You forget . .

Here in This forums, there's gonna be always a true inspiring stories that can make us faster to get our residency in USA. . . Go Go Go !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
priya1 (05-30-2010)
  #8  
Old 05-28-2010
mohsinkhan's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 21
Threads: 2
Thanked 7 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 17
Default

RUN TOWARDS YOUR FEARS COZZZ BEYOND UR FEARS LIES UR GREATEST LIFE

true for everythng u do in life
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
priya1 (05-30-2010)
  #9  
Old 05-29-2010
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 535
Threads: 12
Thanked 617 Times in 247 Posts
Reputation: 595
Listening

Quote:
Originally Posted by priya1 View Post
Recently one of my seniors said that even if u are an IMG and u score above 90 percent still its very hard to get a residency in USA and I am wasting my time as one of his senior fail to do so.

I mean is this true its very irritating to hear so when u are preparing for USMLE its kills ur heart
Hi, don't listen to "seniors" who are not actively in the ground/background of the matching process. Apply widely to the IMG friendly programs present in my lists and you will be fine. Many people with very low scores and old graduates matched in 2010 season.

Goodluck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
CHAKRAM (12-05-2011), priya1 (05-30-2010)



Reply

Tags
Match-Probability

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cyanotic Congenital Heart Diseases Sabio USMLE Step 1 Mnemonics 4 07-17-2011 06:47 AM
Heart Defect after Cancer HouseWannabe USMLE Step 1 Forum 6 04-21-2010 09:08 AM
Heart Failure + Cough Farazdaq USMLE Step 2 CK Forum 3 03-02-2010 05:49 PM
Third and Fourth Heart Sounds Hasky USMLE Step 1 Bits & Pieces 0 02-27-2010 07:14 PM
Heart Murmurs: Systolic vs. Diastolic jackat1000 USMLE Step 1 Mnemonics 0 02-18-2010 08:31 AM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)