NP ERAS Program - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > IMG Residency Match Forum

IMG Residency Match Forum International Medical Graduates (IMGs) discussing the residency matching process.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-25-2016
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 5
Threads: 4
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Reputation: 11
Question NP ERAS Program

Hi folks- some programs are not partici[ating in ERAS and labeled as NP

like this guy:

Phoenix
University of Arizona College of Medicine-Phoenix Program1400321025NP
How can an IMG applicant apply to these programs ? Thnx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
gud doctor (05-26-2016)


  #2  
Old 05-26-2016
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 15
Threads: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by safouh21 View Post
Hi folks- some programs are not partici[ating in ERAS and labeled as NP

like this guy:

Phoenix
University of Arizona College of Medicine-Phoenix Program1400321025NP
How can an IMG applicant apply to these programs ? Thnx
I have the same doubt as well. Also when checking the individual website of that NP program, some are saying they are participating in ERAS and taking IMGs. confused about this. Any input about this is appreciated very much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 05-26-2016
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 678
Threads: 12
Thanked 323 Times in 267 Posts
Reputation: 333
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gud doctor View Post
I have the same doubt as well. Also when checking the individual website of that NP program, some are saying they are participating in ERAS and taking IMGs. confused about this. Any input about this is appreciated very much.
NP = not participating.
Out of 422 programs for IM, ERAS 2017 website says 187 are NOT participating this September cycle. Some very good university based programs are included as NP. Technically, programs not participating in NRMP match offer pre-matches but a vast majority of programs will participate in ERAS. I assume not all programs have updated their information yet and by September you would see that most of these programs listed as NP would participate in ERAS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
  #4  
Old 05-26-2016
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 53
Threads: 3
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Reputation: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxo View Post
NP = not participating.
Out of 422 programs for IM, ERAS 2017 website says 187 are NOT participating this September cycle. Some very good university based programs are included as NP. Technically, programs not participating in NRMP match offer pre-matches but a vast majority of programs will participate in ERAS. I assume not all programs have updated their information yet and by September you would see that most of these programs listed as NP would participate in ERAS.
You are right, it was the same last year, most of this NP programs will update to participating, just a very few will remain as NP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 05-26-2016
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 15
Threads: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default

Okay thank you guys, feeling much better now. Although i don't know how that will improve my chances of matching, i feel better already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ERAS Program Category !!!!!! Swanand USMG Residency Match Forum 0 02-18-2016 01:18 PM
Addition NRMP ID to ERAS application profile after you have applied for the program Captain_Jack IMG Residency Match Forum 16 10-02-2014 08:40 PM
Email Program Directly or Trust FREIDA and Program Website? firstaid150 IMG Residency Match Forum 1 07-04-2013 12:00 PM
ERAS Credit to pay for program application! LatinGeorge IMG Residency Match Forum 2 07-16-2012 07:19 AM
Residency Program has no Flags in ERAS? dezirablize IMG Residency Match Forum 1 12-04-2010 07:46 AM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)