Last date to take CK to apply on sept 15? - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > IMG Residency Match Forum

IMG Residency Match Forum International Medical Graduates (IMGs) discussing the residency matching process.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-27-2012
im99's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 68
Threads: 16
Thanked 22 Times in 15 Posts
Reputation: 32
Calendar Last date to take CK to apply on sept 15?

Hello. What do think is the last date when I can take my CK exam to be able to apply on 15 September with my ECFMG certification(my credentials have already been verified). 3 weeks for the result to come out and another 3 weeks for the certificate, so does that mean I can't extend it beyond 1st August?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message


  #2  
Old 05-27-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 70
Threads: 8
Thanked 267 Times in 36 Posts
Reputation: 277
Default

I think what you are thinking is correct. Keep 3-4 weeks for score reporting and another 2-3 for ECFMG certificate. I read they might increase the passing score for step 2 CK. If they choose to increase it it will be in effect from July 1. But it didn't say anywhere that score reporting would be delayed.
Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
im99 (05-27-2012)
  #3  
Old 05-29-2012
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 6
Threads: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgdel87 View Post
I think what you are thinking is correct. Keep 3-4 weeks for score reporting and another 2-3 for ECFMG certificate. I read they might increase the passing score for step 2 CK. If they choose to increase it it will be in effect from July 1. But it didn't say anywhere that score reporting would be delayed.
Good luck!
Where did you come across this info about increasing passing score for step 2 CK.?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 05-29-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 70
Threads: 8
Thanked 267 Times in 36 Posts
Reputation: 277
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthevans41 View Post
Where did you come across this info about increasing passing score for step 2 CK.?
http://www.usmle.org/announcements/?ContentId=96
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 05-29-2012
vaibhavmanu's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 385
Threads: 6
Thanked 205 Times in 154 Posts
Reputation: 215
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjain View Post
Hello. What do think is the last date when I can take my CK exam to be able to apply on 15 September with my ECFMG certification(my credentials have already been verified). 3 weeks for the result to come out and another 3 weeks for the certificate, so does that mean I can't extend it beyond 1st August?
idk about 3 weeks for the certificate. my friend got it within 3 days if his result last week. once you get the notification, you are considered certified. physical certificate takes time to reach so maybe you can say total of 3 weeks till the certificate reaches you but on the application you can check you are certified after the date of notification!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
shafff111 (06-27-2012)
  #6  
Old 06-02-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 17
Threads: 2
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 13
Question

hi, once i finish my ck, do I've to apply for the ecfmg certificate or will it be send automatically to me??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 06-04-2012
LatinGeorge's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 653
Threads: 47
Thanked 409 Times in 249 Posts
Reputation: 419
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhavmanu View Post
idk about 3 weeks for the certificate. my friend got it within 3 days if his result last week. once you get the notification, you are considered certified. physical certificate takes time to reach so maybe you can say total of 3 weeks till the certificate reaches you but on the application you can check you are certified after the date of notification!
are you sure about that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 06-05-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 21
Threads: 10
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Reputation: 15
Default

Yea I spoke to a friend of mine who got certified within a week after giving CK. I think to apply you just need your scores, it doesn't matter if you are certified as the programs receive all your scores anyways. So i'm guessing the latest to give the CK would be 3 weeks before sept 15? Correct me if I'm wrong please!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
LatinGeorge (06-06-2012)
  #9  
Old 06-06-2012
LatinGeorge's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 653
Threads: 47
Thanked 409 Times in 249 Posts
Reputation: 419
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hishamsalahuddi View Post
Yea I spoke to a friend of mine who got certified within a week after giving CK. I think to apply you just need your scores, it doesn't matter if you are certified as the programs receive all your scores anyways. So i'm guessing the latest to give the CK would be 3 weeks before sept 15? Correct me if I'm wrong please!!
So what i heard is that the process is automatic, but it usually takes 2 weeks, but in sept they have extra people working and goes faster, but i just read that so i can't assure it. But i hope it's how you say it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 06-06-2012
vaibhavmanu's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 385
Threads: 6
Thanked 205 Times in 154 Posts
Reputation: 215
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatinGeorge View Post
are you sure about that?
Yeah I am!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
LatinGeorge (06-06-2012)



Reply

Tags
Match-Timeline

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Awaiting step2ck....should I apply sept 1st willmatch2012 IMG Residency Match Forum 5 09-05-2011 06:21 PM
need 24-27 october CS date preferebly at houston......have 28 sept date to swap play4rahul USMLE Step 2 CS Forum 0 09-03-2011 09:38 AM
should i apply now or wait till sept last week Trinity IMG Residency Match Forum 5 08-31-2011 10:27 AM
CS date exchange from last wk of July to early Sept dr.syed USMLE Step 2 CS Forum 0 07-03-2011 03:30 PM
Swapping my Sept 13 Chicago Date desigirlluvu USMLE Step 2 CS Forum 0 06-19-2011 03:33 PM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)