How To Release The USMLE Transcripts in ERAS - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > IMG Residency Match Forum

IMG Residency Match Forum International Medical Graduates (IMGs) discussing the residency matching process.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-16-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 89
Threads: 22
Thanked 16 Times in 13 Posts
Reputation: 26
Question How To Release The USMLE Transcripts in ERAS

Hi all,

All programs ask for USMLE transcripts in their criteria, so is there something I have to do in My ERAS to release my USMLE transcripts or are they released automatically?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message


  #2  
Old 07-16-2012
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 3,316
Threads: 170
Thanked 4,920 Times in 1,809 Posts
Reputation: 4973
Default

They are not released automatically. in myERAS there's Document tab and in that there's USMLE Transcript sub-tab. Go there and sign the release of transcript.

You cannot do that until you have at least applied to one program (September 15th 2012) and there will be $70 fees for that.

-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Dyke (07-16-2012)
  #3  
Old 07-16-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 89
Threads: 22
Thanked 16 Times in 13 Posts
Reputation: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabio View Post

You cannot do that until you have at least applied to one program (September 15th 2012) and there will be $70 fees for that.

-
- So I can't do it now, I need to wait for the 15th of September?
- 70$ all or for each program I pay 70$??

Also what about the ECFMG certificate, is it forwarded automatically or should I request it?

Last edited by Dyke; 07-16-2012 at 09:19 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
  #4  
Old 07-16-2012
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 3,316
Threads: 170
Thanked 4,920 Times in 1,809 Posts
Reputation: 4973
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyke View Post
- So I can't do it now, I need to wait for the 15th of September?
- 70$ all or for each program I pay 70$??

Also what about the ECFMG certificate, is it forwarded automatically or should I request it?
$70 one time fee, you don't pay it for the second program onwards.
Yes. Wait until September 15th.

For more information check the official web page here
http://www.ecfmg.org/eras/applicants...ranscript.html

-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Dyke (07-16-2012), pisces (07-24-2012), zappeuse (07-16-2012)
  #5  
Old 07-16-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 89
Threads: 22
Thanked 16 Times in 13 Posts
Reputation: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabio View Post
$70 one time fee, you don't pay it for the second program onwards.
Yes. Wait until September 15th.

For more information check the official web page here
http://www.ecfmg.org/eras/applicants...ranscript.html

-
- Thanks a lot..Any idea about the ECFMG certificate? Is it forwarded automatically?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 07-16-2012
dr_mhm's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 460
Threads: 100
Thanked 236 Times in 147 Posts
Reputation: 246
Default

And the medical school transcript, is that forwarded, too? There's no place for it in ERAS but we upload it on OASIS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 07-16-2012
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 3,316
Threads: 170
Thanked 4,920 Times in 1,809 Posts
Reputation: 4973
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyke View Post
- Thanks a lot..Any idea about the ECFMG certificate? Is it forwarded automatically?
The new ERAS software will automatically transfer your ECFMG Certificate to programs (you don't pay for it, the fees included in the token), it's now called ECFMG Status Report.
For official information check here
http://www.ecfmg.org/eras/applicants...ts-status.html

-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Dyke (07-16-2012), pisces (07-24-2012)
  #8  
Old 07-16-2012
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 3,316
Threads: 170
Thanked 4,920 Times in 1,809 Posts
Reputation: 4973
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_mhm View Post
And the medical school transcript, is that forwarded, too? There's no place for it in ERAS but we upload it on OASIS!
Yes. You upload your medical school transcript in OASIS and then go to the miscellaneous tab in ERAS and do the following:

How To Release The USMLE Transcripts in ERAS-miscellaneous-tab-eras.jpg
Click image to enlarge

-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
dr_mhm (07-16-2012), Dyke (07-16-2012)
  #9  
Old 07-16-2012
dr_mhm's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 460
Threads: 100
Thanked 236 Times in 147 Posts
Reputation: 246
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabio View Post
Yes. You upload your medical school transcript in OASIS and then go to the miscellaneous tab in ERAS and do the following:

Attachment 2679
Click image to enlarge

-
OK, I did that. Does that mean those documents are automatically forwarded to all Programs I apply to?

Thanks Sabio!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 07-19-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 20
Threads: 9
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabio View Post
Yes. You upload your medical school transcript in OASIS and then go to the miscellaneous tab in ERAS and do the following:

Attachment 2679
Click image to enlarge

-
Guys, what if my Transcript is not in English?
Should I make a notarized translation or I can translate it by myself and attach both photocopy of my Transcript and its English translation in one .pdf file?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #11  
Old 07-19-2012
dr_mhm's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 460
Threads: 100
Thanked 236 Times in 147 Posts
Reputation: 246
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by koriaga View Post
Guys, what if my Transcript is not in English?
Should I make a notarized translation or I can translate it by myself and attach both photocopy of my Transcript and its English translation in one .pdf file?
You need an official translation, notarized (you can't do it) and then you scan it in and upload to OASIS ONLY the English translation with the paper from the notary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #12  
Old 07-19-2012
LatinGeorge's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 653
Threads: 47
Thanked 409 Times in 249 Posts
Reputation: 419
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_mhm View Post
You need an official translation, notarized (you can't do it) and then you scan it in and upload to OASIS ONLY the English translation with the paper from the notary.
Are you sure, for example to ECFMG we had to send both the original- non english copy plus the official translation. Have not come across anything that says not to upload the original. Not contradicting you, but can you show us where you read that. Thanks man.. i was going to upload both, but haven't yet because the pdf files is to heavy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #13  
Old 07-19-2012
dr_mhm's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 460
Threads: 100
Thanked 236 Times in 147 Posts
Reputation: 246
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatinGeorge View Post
Are you sure, for example to ECFMG we had to send both the original- non english copy plus the official translation. Have not come across anything that says not to upload the original. Not contradicting you, but can you show us where you read that. Thanks man.. i was going to upload both, but haven't yet because the pdf files is to heavy.
Quote from an e-mail: "Thank you for contacting ERAS Support Services at ECFMG. If your program participates in EMSWP for ERAS they are able to upload your transcript, however the transcript they upload must be in English. If the original transcript is in XXXX (other language), then an official translation will need to be uploaded by your school. Do not include the foreign-language original. ERAS Support Services at ECFMG does not have a translation service. We do accept copies of your transcript for your application – it does not need to be original."


Also, on the ECFMG-ERAS web site: "If the medical school transcript is not in English, it must be accompanied by an official English translation; that is, an English translation prepared by and certified to be correct by a medical school official (for example, a Dean or Registrar), a government official (for example, a Consular Officer), or a professional translation service. The translation must appear on official stationery and must bear the original signature and title of the medical school official, government official, or representative of the translation service. If the translation service is a private company, the letterhead stationery must identify the company as a translation service.
The transcript does not need to be assigned to your programs. This is done automatically when the transcript is submitted."
See more at http://www.ecfmg.org/eras/applicants...ranscript.html

Hope this helps!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #14  
Old 07-19-2012
LatinGeorge's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 653
Threads: 47
Thanked 409 Times in 249 Posts
Reputation: 419
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_mhm View Post
Quote from an e-mail: "Thank you for contacting ERAS Support Services at ECFMG. If your program participates in EMSWP for ERAS they are able to upload your transcript, however the transcript they upload must be in English. If the original transcript is in XXXX (other language), then an official translation will need to be uploaded by your school. Do not include the foreign-language original. ERAS Support Services at ECFMG does not have a translation service. We do accept copies of your transcript for your application – it does not need to be original."


Also, on the ECFMG-ERAS web site: "If the medical school transcript is not in English, it must be accompanied by an official English translation; that is, an English translation prepared by and certified to be correct by a medical school official (for example, a Dean or Registrar), a government official (for example, a Consular Officer), or a professional translation service. The translation must appear on official stationery and must bear the original signature and title of the medical school official, government official, or representative of the translation service. If the translation service is a private company, the letterhead stationery must identify the company as a translation service.
The transcript does not need to be assigned to your programs. This is done automatically when the transcript is submitted."
See more at http://www.ecfmg.org/eras/applicants...ranscript.html

Hope this helps!
It's open to interpretations, but for what i understand, it just says if your transcript is in Ex: ARABIC, don't send us your transcript in Arabic, send us the translation and a COPY of the original. That's what i understand. Thanks for sharing man, what they are saying is DO NOT send the ORIGINAL transcript, but a copy is accepted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
monsalg2502 (07-24-2012)



Reply

Tags
ERAS-

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Transcripts to register for USMLE Step 1 mbbs2013 USMLE Step 1 Forum 0 06-06-2012 04:17 PM
Publically release the USMLE Step Score lemmebeurscapegoat USMLE Step 1 Forum 2 11-18-2011 11:31 AM
Late usmle transcript release dron IMG Residency Match Forum 2 09-07-2011 03:11 PM
ERAS Authorization for automatic USMLE Transcript release; Yes or No! FSUSTC IMG Residency Match Forum 3 07-06-2011 08:43 PM
my transcripts not uploaded bashirmuzaffar IMG Residency Match Forum 6 09-12-2010 08:05 PM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)