The Overall Application Process - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > IMG Residency Match Forum

IMG Residency Match Forum International Medical Graduates (IMGs) discussing the residency matching process.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-17-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 89
Threads: 22
Thanked 16 Times in 13 Posts
Reputation: 26
Registration The Overall Application Process

Hi all,
So just to re-iterate what we know about the process till now:

- ECFMG Certificate: Will be sent automatically.
- USMLE transcripts: Not now, you will request them on the 15th of September, will cost 70$ (How long will that process take???)
- MSPE & School Transcripts: You can mail or upload them or your school must do it if they are part of the program. You upload them to OASIS and they will be sent to ERAS (How will they reach ERAS???)
- Unwaived LoRs: Same as MSPE

Is that correct? I wanted to start this compilation of info for everyone, please correct or add as you see fit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
monsalg2502 (07-17-2012), pisces (07-24-2012)


  #2  
Old 07-17-2012
dr_mhm's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 460
Threads: 100
Thanked 236 Times in 147 Posts
Reputation: 246
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyke View Post
Hi all,
So just to re-iterate what we know about the process till now:

- ECFMG Certificate: Will be sent automatically.
- USMLE transcripts: Not now, you will request them on the 15th of September, will cost 70$ (How long will that process take???)
- MSPE & School Transcripts: You can mail or upload them or your school must do it if they are part of the program. You upload them to OASIS and they will be sent to ERAS (How will they reach ERAS???)
- Unwaived LoRs: Same as MSPE

Is that correct? I wanted to start this compilation of info for everyone, please correct or add as you see fit.
MSPE & School transcript are considered mandatory documents and you do not have the option to assign them yourself. (confirmed with ERAS support services). They'll be sent automatically to the Programs. And yes, you have to upload them in OASIS or have them sent to ECFMG for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Dyke (07-17-2012)
  #3  
Old 07-17-2012
LatinGeorge's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 653
Threads: 47
Thanked 409 Times in 249 Posts
Reputation: 419
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_mhm View Post
MSPE & School transcript are considered mandatory documents and you do not have the option to assign them yourself. (confirmed with ERAS support services). They'll be sent automatically to the Programs. And yes, you have to upload them in OASIS or have them sent to ECFMG for you.
Are transcripts uploaded in Myeras or Oasis/ecfmg ? plus, after you upload them, are they revised or uploaded and that's it. THanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Dyke (07-17-2012)
 
  #4  
Old 07-17-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 89
Threads: 22
Thanked 16 Times in 13 Posts
Reputation: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatinGeorge View Post
Are transcripts uploaded in Myeras or Oasis/ecfmg ? plus, after you upload them, are they revised or uploaded and that's it. THanks
There is a button to upload them in OASIS, but I don't know how will they reach ERAS? Do we have to do something?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 07-17-2012
LatinGeorge's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 653
Threads: 47
Thanked 409 Times in 249 Posts
Reputation: 419
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyke View Post
There is a button to upload them in OASIS, but I don't know how will they reach ERAS? Do we have to do something?
Hey Dyke, what do you think if we work on MyEras as a team, maybe we can skype and talk about it ... This process is so overwhelming
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 07-17-2012
dr_mhm's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 460
Threads: 100
Thanked 236 Times in 147 Posts
Reputation: 246
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyke View Post
There is a button to upload them in OASIS, but I don't know how will they reach ERAS? Do we have to do something?
As for the MSPE and Med School transcript: Upload them, they review them and attach them to all the Programs you apply to automatically.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
monsalg2502 (07-17-2012)
  #7  
Old 07-17-2012
LatinGeorge's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 653
Threads: 47
Thanked 409 Times in 249 Posts
Reputation: 419
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_mhm View Post
As for the MSPE and Med School transcript: Upload them, they review them and attach them to all the Programs you apply to automatically.
How do you know if they are uploaded and accepted, do you see them in MyEras?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 07-17-2012
dr_mhm's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 460
Threads: 100
Thanked 236 Times in 147 Posts
Reputation: 246
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatinGeorge View Post
How do you know if they are uploaded and accepted, do you see them in MyEras?
You upload them in OASIS, I don't think you can see them in ERAS, there are 2 fields in the misc. field though where you have to click that you or your med school will provide these documents, that's it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
LatinGeorge (07-17-2012)
  #9  
Old 07-18-2012
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 223
Threads: 28
Thanked 97 Times in 56 Posts
Reputation: 107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatinGeorge View Post
Are transcripts uploaded in Myeras or Oasis/ecfmg ? plus, after you upload them, are they revised or uploaded and that's it. THanks
there is no way to upload documents to MyEras, that's why you have to do in in OASIS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 07-20-2012
LatinGeorge's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 653
Threads: 47
Thanked 409 Times in 249 Posts
Reputation: 419
Default

I have already uploaded my medical transcripts, do guys know if there is a confirmation that they accepted them after 2 weeks, and does anybody know how to use this ADTS system?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #11  
Old 07-20-2012
dr_mhm's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 460
Threads: 100
Thanked 236 Times in 147 Posts
Reputation: 246
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatinGeorge View Post
I have already uploaded my medical transcripts, do guys know if there is a confirmation that they accepted them after 2 weeks, and does anybody know how to use this ADTS system?
I uploaded mine in Oasis last week and it showed up in ADTS yesterday. Keep checking ADTS, you can't see the actual document but you'll see that they have it received and uploaded in ERAS post office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
LatinGeorge (07-20-2012), monsalg2502 (07-25-2012), pisces (07-24-2012)
  #12  
Old 07-20-2012
LatinGeorge's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 653
Threads: 47
Thanked 409 Times in 249 Posts
Reputation: 419
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_mhm View Post
I uploaded mine in Oasis last week and it showed up in ADTS yesterday. Keep checking ADTS, you can't see the actual document but you'll see that they have it received and uploaded in ERAS post office.
Thanks man.... this whole thing is so hard to understand, this forums really help. I think they should make some good orientation videos....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #13  
Old 07-20-2012
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 296
Threads: 41
Thanked 167 Times in 102 Posts
Reputation: 177
Default hi

i have a q: theres a tab in myeras (in the misc part) where you indicate if your med sch OR yourself uploaded the medical school transcript. In my case neither of this happened, i called ecfmg and asked them to send my med sch transcript to myEras and they have done this. what should i click in that tab?
also why aren't people taking advantage of the fact that ecfmg can upload their med sch transcript to myEras?

thanks

btw, is there anyone waiting for ck result, i really cannot bring myself to start the application process as my result is pending, i know i am wasting time, but i just cant
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #14  
Old 07-20-2012
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 223
Threads: 28
Thanked 97 Times in 56 Posts
Reputation: 107
Default

I had no idea they can upload it for us! I am actually unable to upload it cause it's 3 times bigger than the allowed file size
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #15  
Old 07-21-2012
LatinGeorge's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 653
Threads: 47
Thanked 409 Times in 249 Posts
Reputation: 419
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappeuse View Post
I had no idea they can upload it for us! I am actually unable to upload it cause it's 3 times bigger than the allowed file size
just google programs to shrink it, for mac i used pdf shrink...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
zappeuse (07-22-2012)



  #16  
Old 07-21-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 57
Threads: 21
Thanked 36 Times in 15 Posts
Reputation: 46
Default Help !!!!!

1) Although we have already provided a transcript (through the medical school directly)for ECFMG Certification, Do we have to submit a copy to ERAS Support Service. ?

2) I read this:
*If your medical school participates in the ECFMG Medical School Web Portal (EMSWP) ERAS program, you will not be able to submit an MSPE or medical school transcript using ECFMGs On-line Applicant Status and Information System (OASIS). Please contact your medical school to have these document types submitted on your behalf.

Now How can I know if my medical school participate in EMSWP ?

3) Which way is better in submitting the documents ? via Oasis or Mail /currier ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #17  
Old 07-21-2012
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 6
Threads: 2
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR99 View Post
1) Although we have already provided a transcript (through the medical school directly)for ECFMG Certification, Do we have to submit a copy to ERAS Support Service. ?

2) I read this:
*If your medical school participates in the ECFMG Medical School Web Portal (EMSWP) ERAS program, you will not be able to submit an MSPE or medical school transcript using ECFMGs On-line Applicant Status and Information System (OASIS). Please contact your medical school to have these document types submitted on your behalf.

Now How can I know if my medical school participate in EMSWP ?

3) Which way is better in submitting the documents ? via Oasis or Mail /currier ?
1. yes, they explain it on the website.
2. how did you sent your documents for ecfmg medical transcripts verification?.. did you send them yourself, clearly your medschool doesn't participate. Other option, just call your medschool.
3. Via oasis uploading it, is faster and easier and free. If you mail it, you have to pay mailing services and could take up to 6 weeks.. If your medschool participates in EMSWP they upload it, if not you do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
DR99 (07-21-2012)
  #18  
Old 07-22-2012
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 223
Threads: 28
Thanked 97 Times in 56 Posts
Reputation: 107
Default

so we do not have to upload the ECFMG certification anywhere, right??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #19  
Old 07-22-2012
dr_mhm's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 460
Threads: 100
Thanked 236 Times in 147 Posts
Reputation: 246
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappeuse View Post
so we do not have to upload the ECFMG certification anywhere, right??
You have to release it in ERAS, that's it. ECFMG sents it then. Check under the document section in ERAS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
zappeuse (07-22-2012)
  #20  
Old 07-22-2012
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 223
Threads: 28
Thanked 97 Times in 56 Posts
Reputation: 107
Default

it talks about the transcript only but not about the certificate.. with the transcript they are transmitting the certificate as well?..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #21  
Old 07-23-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 89
Threads: 22
Thanked 16 Times in 13 Posts
Reputation: 26
Default

Hi all,

My school transcript and MSPE were uploaded to OASIS, they are now present in the ADTS as ready in the PostOffice..What should I do next? I can't find any more options in ERAS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #22  
Old 07-23-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 89
Threads: 22
Thanked 16 Times in 13 Posts
Reputation: 26
Default

What I also wanna ask about are the programs, Do I apply to them now, pay now..and they will be submitted on the 15th of September? Or What?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #23  
Old 07-23-2012
dr_mhm's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 460
Threads: 100
Thanked 236 Times in 147 Posts
Reputation: 246
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyke View Post
What I also wanna ask about are the programs, Do I apply to them now, pay now..and they will be submitted on the 15th of September? Or What?
You can look them up now and start attaching docs and so far but you can't apply yet. You apply the 15th, have to pay then and then the docs go out to the Programs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #24  
Old 07-23-2012
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 296
Threads: 41
Thanked 167 Times in 102 Posts
Reputation: 177
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappeuse View Post
it talks about the transcript only but not about the certificate.. with the transcript they are transmitting the certificate as well?..
hi, from what i understand the transcript will be released to eras on he 15th sept and you pay for that.
he ecfmg certificate should be sent to your home when you have passed steps 1, 2ck and cs, i guess you can upload that yourself, pls clarify from those better informed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #25  
Old 07-24-2012
dr_mhm's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 460
Threads: 100
Thanked 236 Times in 147 Posts
Reputation: 246
Default

From my understanding the ecfmg status report and certificate are sent to the Programs automatically if you select it in ERAS under the docs section.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #26  
Old 07-24-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 50
Threads: 22
Thanked 91 Times in 13 Posts
Reputation: 101
Default

as far as i know you can release USMLE transcript right now. mean if you are waiting for your step result and you are not sure then you can release it right now and choose option not sent updated transcript and if your result are good then go and re request an updated transcript
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



Reply

Tags
ERAS-

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Step 3 Application Process jessc USMLE Step 3 Forum 5 07-27-2012 08:21 PM
ECFMG application process Highlander ECFMG Forum 0 05-23-2012 04:25 AM
How long does it take to process a B1/B2 visa application? Jeesan IMG Visa Issues 1 09-29-2011 09:51 PM
step 3 application process mike bracken USMLE Step 3 Forum 4 06-26-2011 06:36 AM
Application process expiration! heman466s ECFMG Forum 4 03-16-2011 09:38 AM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)