Deadline for LOR (match 2013) - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > IMG Residency Match Forum

IMG Residency Match Forum International Medical Graduates (IMGs) discussing the residency matching process.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-13-2012
DocSikorski's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,353
Threads: 94
Thanked 877 Times in 507 Posts
Reputation: 890
Question Deadline for LOR (match 2013)

Guys, when is deadline for LOR's?

Its so confusing
__________________
Ambition is a dream with a V8 engine. EP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message


  #2  
Old 08-13-2012
LatinGeorge's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 653
Threads: 47
Thanked 409 Times in 249 Posts
Reputation: 419
Default

If you are applying sept 15th:

For mail: safe line is 6 weeks before sept 15th, but 4 weeks should be enough if you are lucky.

For uploading takes 2 weeks this can be done via : personally uploading the letter, or through the letter portal, the author uploads it.

This is you plan to apply with the LORs, but there is no deadline..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 08-13-2012
DocSikorski's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,353
Threads: 94
Thanked 877 Times in 507 Posts
Reputation: 890
Default

turns out that the deadline is determined by the program itself.
I found out that different programs have different deadlines with most of them being around October.
__________________
Ambition is a dream with a V8 engine. EP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
  #4  
Old 08-14-2012
LatinGeorge's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 653
Threads: 47
Thanked 409 Times in 249 Posts
Reputation: 419
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocSikorski View Post
turns out that the deadline is determined by the program itself.
I found out that different programs have different deadlines with most of them being around October.
That is deadlines for applications, you asked deadline for LORs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 08-14-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 24
Threads: 8
Thanked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Reputation: 23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatinGeorge View Post
If you are applying sept 15th:

For mail: safe line is 6 weeks before sept 15th, but 4 weeks should be enough if you are lucky.

For uploading takes 2 weeks this can be done via : personally uploading the letter, or through the letter portal, the author uploads it.

This is you plan to apply with the LORs, but there is no deadline..
i have a question for you please...
if i want to send the LOR by mail, all thats required from me is to go to MyERAS and do step 1(LOR Author info) and step 2 (finalize LOR Author) and without going to OASIS.....is that right ???

Tank you a lot for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
LatinGeorge (08-14-2012)
  #6  
Old 08-14-2012
LatinGeorge's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 653
Threads: 47
Thanked 409 Times in 249 Posts
Reputation: 419
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalid Jumean View Post
i have a question for you please...
if i want to send the LOR by mail, all thats required from me is to go to MyERAS and do step 1(LOR Author info) and step 2 (finalize LOR Author) and without going to OASIS.....is that right ???

Tank you a lot for your help.
Yep, but you have to download the Cover Sheet in Myeras called Letter Request form, and also download a DSF -document submission form in Oasis and once you have both forms send them to your author so he/she can attach it to the LOR sent by mail.

Summary of the items for you author to send by mail:
1. The LOR signed
2. The Letter Submission form (coversheet)
3. Document Submission Form.

Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Khalid Jumean (08-14-2012)
  #7  
Old 08-14-2012
DocSikorski's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,353
Threads: 94
Thanked 877 Times in 507 Posts
Reputation: 890
Default

I wonder if we have to notify the Author that we'll be asking them to write a letter for us... to remind who we are and what we did during rotations with them.

I had some rotations 2 years back.

And the thing is that at that point I was into cardiac surgery, but thats not the case anymore... so I would like the guy to write a general letter, without mentioning me being interested in CABG'es and stuff...
__________________
Ambition is a dream with a V8 engine. EP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 08-14-2012
Hitman's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 928
Threads: 17
Thanked 539 Times in 375 Posts
Reputation: 549
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocSikorski View Post
I wonder if we have to notify the Author that we'll be asking them to write a letter for us... to remind who we are and what we did during rotations with them.

I had some rotations 2 years back.

And the thing is that at that point I was into cardiac surgery, but thats not the case anymore... so I would like the guy to write a general letter, without mentioning me being interested in CABG'es and stuff...

yes remind him to keep the letter ready and the way you want it .....

what are you trying for now ????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



Reply

Tags
Letters-Of-Recommendations, match-2013

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Advice for Match 2013 laxitjn IMG Residency Match Forum 9 05-16-2012 11:11 PM
IMG for match 2013 wondonlyone IMG Residency Match Forum 2 05-14-2012 07:39 PM
What about the match of 2013 for img??? ahmednabil616 IMG Residency Match Forum 21 01-27-2012 08:39 PM
For the match 2013 princess USMLE Step 1 Forum 1 07-29-2011 06:45 AM
NRMP Terminology; Rank Order List, Quota change deadline, and Withdraw deadline? Haisook IMG Residency Match Forum 1 05-18-2011 12:56 PM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)