LoRs + Clinical Evaluation? - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > IMG Residency Match Forum

IMG Residency Match Forum International Medical Graduates (IMGs) discussing the residency matching process.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-17-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 53
Threads: 10
Thanked 22 Times in 19 Posts
Reputation: 32
Certificate LoRs + Clinical Evaluation?

Hi everyone,

For all those who are uploading the LoRs or are requesting LoR from your preceptors, I have a question that came up while I was using the butterfly index, For those of you who had used it, Does any one know what they meant by saying Make one LoR as = The LoR (itself) + Clinical evaluation as one LoR.

Also, Is there a prefixed format that we can give to our professors to fill out in the "Clinical Evaluation"

Looking forward to suggestions...

Good luck to all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
iron (08-17-2012)


  #2  
Old 08-17-2012
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 3,316
Threads: 170
Thanked 4,921 Times in 1,809 Posts
Reputation: 4974
Default

You don't need to use any or form or structure of a clinical evaluation. Just use the LoR written by your author.

The incorporation of a clinical evaluation form is completely optional.

-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Dr. Mexito (09-15-2013), iron (08-17-2012), rocketprinciple (08-17-2012)
  #3  
Old 08-22-2012
Torsades42's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 97
Threads: 16
Thanked 44 Times in 33 Posts
Reputation: 54
Default

You can ask your letter writer to compile the LoR and the eval. form into ONE PDF that is two pages in length. This of course is if they use the letter writer's portal, I'm not sure how it would be done if one actually mails them in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
  #4  
Old 08-22-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 53
Threads: 10
Thanked 22 Times in 19 Posts
Reputation: 32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torsades42 View Post
You can ask your letter writer to compile the LoR and the eval. form into ONE PDF that is two pages in length. This of course is if they use the letter writer's portal, I'm not sure how it would be done if one actually mails them in.
I feel you missed the point, my intention was to know if anyone knows any particular format that we can provide them with, Not how to get it done, that part is clear, thanks for your input though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 08-22-2012
dr.JPRizal's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 408
Threads: 5
Thanked 261 Times in 182 Posts
Reputation: 271
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketprinciple View Post
I feel you missed the point, my intention was to know if anyone knows any particular format that we can provide them with, Not how to get it done, that part is clear, thanks for your input though.
if you have some other clerks(eg. carribean rotators) during your rotation, just photocopy theirs. thats what i did. there is no heading on their evaluation, so it means it can be used by any student.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 08-24-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 53
Threads: 10
Thanked 22 Times in 19 Posts
Reputation: 32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.JPRizal View Post
if you have some other clerks(eg. carribean rotators) during your rotation, just photocopy theirs. thats what i did. there is no heading on their evaluation, so it means it can be used by any student.
Unfortunately, I am already done with my Rotations and did not get any evaluation at the time I got my Letter, but I'm quite confident that If i ask my attendings to give me one now, they'd be happy to (They were all great!) write one. So if you could be kind of enough to give me some sort of a format, say the carribean one, It'd be great!
Thanks for your valuable input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 08-24-2012
dr.JPRizal's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 408
Threads: 5
Thanked 261 Times in 182 Posts
Reputation: 271
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketprinciple View Post
Unfortunately, I am already done with my Rotations and did not get any evaluation at the time I got my Letter, but I'm quite confident that If i ask my attendings to give me one now, they'd be happy to (They were all great!) write one. So if you could be kind of enough to give me some sort of a format, say the carribean one, It'd be great!
Thanks for your valuable input!
i could but it has writings on it already. dont have a blank sheet anymore. dont worry man. we only need the LORs, no one wud ask for the evaluations. dont have evaluation for my one rotation either, still looking for a blank sheet to copy too..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 08-25-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 53
Threads: 10
Thanked 22 Times in 19 Posts
Reputation: 32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.JPRizal View Post
i could but it has writings on it already. dont have a blank sheet anymore. dont worry man. we only need the LORs, no one wud ask for the evaluations. dont have evaluation for my one rotation either, still looking for a blank sheet to copy too..
well, if you do, be sure to post it here for others!
Tanks for your time...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 09-15-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 46
Threads: 2
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketprinciple View Post
Hi everyone,

For all those who are uploading the LoRs or are requesting LoR from your preceptors, I have a question that came up while I was using the butterfly index, For those of you who had used it, Does any one know what they meant by saying Make one LoR as = The LoR (itself) + Clinical evaluation as one LoR.

Also, Is there a prefixed format that we can give to our professors to fill out in the "Clinical Evaluation"

Looking forward to suggestions...

Good luck to all!
Hi...am trying to apply for electives with step one btu am not done with step one yet....can u suggest four IMG friendly universities to which u can apply ...TOEFL registration is asking for a list of universities to send the score report directly....thank you in advance...plz reply
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



Reply

Tags
LoRs-

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Clinical Evaluation Paper in addition to the LoR add1 IMG Residency Match Forum 9 08-17-2012 06:04 AM
LOR and Evaluation shima IMG Residency Match Forum 11 05-01-2012 07:23 PM
US LoRs versus home country LORs! medicine IMG Residency Match Forum 13 09-08-2011 07:53 PM
LORs from non-clinical profs! appu USCE & Clinical Rotations 1 02-02-2011 03:09 PM
Number of LORs needed and home country LoRs abans IMG Residency Match Forum 1 08-04-2009 03:17 PM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)