apply on sept 15 without CK or late with Ck? - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > IMG Residency Match Forum

IMG Residency Match Forum International Medical Graduates (IMGs) discussing the residency matching process.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-25-2012
im99's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 68
Threads: 16
Thanked 23 Times in 15 Posts
Reputation: 33
Default apply on sept 15 without CK or late with Ck?

I have taken all tests step 1, step2 cs, and step2 ck. unfortunately I donít have CK scores, they will be available after sept 26
1. Is it better for me to apply on September 15 and update my CK (ON September 26) AND my certification (Oct 3)? OR


2. is it better to wait until I have all my results and apply there after?
Or Should I get certification on Oct 3 and then apply?
because I have heard there is a risk of my application being filtered out in some programs if I dont have CK scores and ECFMG and I won't be reconsidered once I get CK this year.
Please help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
mitsua (09-10-2012), shyangel18 (08-25-2012), svmle (08-29-2012)


  #2  
Old 08-25-2012
dr.JPRizal's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 408
Threads: 5
Thanked 261 Times in 182 Posts
Reputation: 271
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by im99 View Post
I have taken all tests step 1, step2 cs, and step2 ck. unfortunately I donít have CK scores, they will be available after sept 26
1. Is it better for me to apply on September 15 and update my CK (ON September 26) AND my certification (Oct 3)? OR


2. is it better to wait until I have all my results and apply there after?
Or Should I get certification on Oct 3 and then apply?
because I have heard there is a risk of my application being filtered out in some programs if I dont have CK scores and ECFMG and I won't be reconsidered once I get CK this year.
Please help.
you already have the answer. better late & complete, than early & incomplete. forum staff told me that. forgot the link.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
shyangel18 (08-25-2012)
  #3  
Old 08-25-2012
shyangel18's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 388
Threads: 48
Thanked 237 Times in 128 Posts
Reputation: 247
Send a message via MSN to shyangel18
Default

Im in the same boat.. how late should it be then? sept 26 after ck result or oct3rd after ecfmg certification..
i personally think sept 26 is fair enuff.. oct3 is risking it! not sure tho!
__________________
Ppl come here to study n ponder
I am here to Excell like Thunder!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
firstaid150 (08-25-2012)
 
  #4  
Old 08-25-2012
oti nogonno's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 185
Threads: 42
Thanked 108 Times in 61 Posts
Reputation: 118
Default

I will say its better to apply with CK result on sept26,most of the programs will filter out your application without CK score!
U can update ur ECFMG certificate after getting it.So best bet is to go for Sep 26!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
mitsua (09-10-2012), shyangel18 (08-25-2012), svmle (08-29-2012)
  #5  
Old 08-25-2012
shyangel18's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 388
Threads: 48
Thanked 237 Times in 128 Posts
Reputation: 247
Send a message via MSN to shyangel18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oti nogonno View Post
I will say its better to apply with CK result on sept26,most of the programs will filter out your application without CK score!
U can update ur ECFMG certificate after getting it.So best bet is to go for Sep 26!!!
thanx!! that really helped. i have another question..
what if the someonez expecting CK result end of october. what are the Odds of getting interviews by applying as late as Oct End VS applying sept 15th without CK result?!
__________________
Ppl come here to study n ponder
I am here to Excell like Thunder!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 08-25-2012
oti nogonno's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 185
Threads: 42
Thanked 108 Times in 61 Posts
Reputation: 118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyangel18 View Post
thanx!! that really helped. i have another question..
what if the someonez expecting CK result end of october. what are the Odds of getting interviews by applying as late as Oct End VS applying sept 15th without CK result?!
Well, Its very difficult to say,but my personal opinio would be not to apply in late October!although a lot of factors play role,such as IMG/AMG,Visa status,USCE,score (step 1 ), CS attempt....!
I am not an expert,but from my little research I find out that programs like complete profile for IMGs.they want all the scores of STEP 1,2 (CK, CS)!

Some programs take the application with only step 1 ,but they are only few in number!

So gathering all together its better to apply with everything as early as possible.Bcoz the interviews are given 1 st come 1st get basis.Hope it will help.
Again this is my personal opinion,better to take some other members input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
shyangel18 (08-26-2012)
  #7  
Old 08-26-2012
shima's Avatar
Banned
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 1,106
Threads: 64
Thanked 574 Times in 378 Posts
Reputation: 593
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oti nogonno View Post
Well, Its very difficult to say,but my personal opinio would be not to apply in late October!although a lot of factors play role,such as IMG/AMG,Visa status,USCE,score (step 1 ), CS attempt....!
I am not an expert,but from my little research I find out that programs like complete profile for IMGs.they want all the scores of STEP 1,2 (CK, CS)!

Some programs take the application with only step 1 ,but they are only few in number!

So gathering all together its better to apply with everything as early as possible.Bcoz the interviews are given 1 st come 1st get basis.Hope it will help.
Again this is my personal opinion,better to take some other members input!

Oct 3rd is when the CS comes out, that why the OP asks.

I say apply Oct 4th when ECFMG certified. you will be filtered out without CS and ECFMG.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
If I apply Sept 4 I would get my score Sept 26 monsalg2502 IMG Residency Match Forum 5 09-30-2012 07:08 AM
When to apply? Sept 15 or Oct 3? GERD IMG Residency Match Forum 14 08-24-2012 04:15 PM
Last date to take CK to apply on sept 15? im99 IMG Residency Match Forum 9 06-06-2012 07:45 AM
Awaiting step2ck....should I apply sept 1st willmatch2012 IMG Residency Match Forum 5 09-05-2011 05:21 PM
CS swap - have Sept 7th phil want late Sept in phil gwasmad USMLE Step 2 CS Forum 1 08-30-2011 11:17 PM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)